Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What would you guys choose?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:59 PM
V_Rated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you guys choose?

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I drive a 1990 300ZX NA. My parents want to get me a new car for college, and my parents are pushing for getting a newer car, like 2000+. So I decided that 350Z would be a pretty nice car for a college kid.
I like the 35th annev., but its a bit pricey. Is there anything special about it other than the 300hp.
I heard theres a nismo package that comes on some 350Z's? is this true? does anyone have more info on it.

I'm not really a fan of 350Z, in terms of looks (just the taillights) but I drove my friends base model, and it was awesome. I'm still keeping the 300ZX, but my parents want me to have a nicer car. If I get a 350Z, I won't race it, probably won't modify it too much either. What would you guys recommend?

If I do get it, I'll probably keep it for a long time, maybe start a Z collection

Last edited by V_Rated; 05-10-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:25 PM
RED HOT Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha.... but you don't like look buy a pretty little STI instead
Old 05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
V_Rated

I just don't like the taillights, the rest of the car is awesome. I like the way the lines flow, but for some reason, the taillights aren't my favorite. I don't like 4 doors, so STi is highly unlikely.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:41 PM
RED HOT Z

fine fine buy a g35c
Old 05-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Sensation350Z

whatever. If you`re buying a car because your parents want you to, then just randomly pick.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:10 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Duck & cover!! Incoming!

LOL!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:43 PM
RxZ

If the taillights are the only thing that you don't like about the Z33, then you are in good shape. You have driven one before and you said you liked it. Here's the thing though, you have a sports car, sure it isn't as fast as the 350Z, but it is pretty quick and if your family has taken care of it then it looks pretty good too. If you want to stay sporty then the G35 sports coupe is a great choice. It is nothing more than a more glamorous, slightly heavier Z with a back seat. More comforts for your college girlfriends and a backseat for other friends that may be riding along with you.

There is also the new Mustang GT. I haven't heard anything bad about it, and its performance specs look really good. If you will be driving alot while at school, you might want to look into something like a slightly used Volvo. They are really nice riding and have lots of creature comforts as well.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Short story: this car is for you and only you. It sounds like your parents have given you a price limit, so find everything you can within that limit and then pick what you like the most. Good luck with your purchase!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:57 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

You must be different than me. I would have a hard time looking myself in the mirror having mommy and daddy buying me something like this while I was in college when I was able to earn the money for my own transportation. I personally chose to work to pay for my tuition and purchased my own car while attending college. I respected myself for doing so and gave my parents the best gift of all which is to show them they raised a responsible young man that could take care of himself. Think long and hard about which choice makes you a young adult making wise choices.

A Sentra will give you transportation up to 200,000 miles which will get you thru college. Cars are just pieces of metal and new and better ones will come out every year. Respect of those who love you is much more difficult to aqquire and in the future, your parents will be gone. Now is the time to show them what type of man you are.

Last edited by zland; 05-10-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:00 PM
MirZa w da Z

My parents want to get me a new car for college, and my parents are pushing for getting a newer car, like 2000+. So I decided that 350Z would be a pretty nice car for a college kid .

===>>> me too , my parents din even ask me what car i like ,they just bought a C 230 and Z both brand new for me !! benz for when u wanna go out w bunch of ur homies, n Z for weekend when only u and ur gf ... btw at that time , i already had my 03 spyder for only couple months..i think 3 car for me isn't enough so prolly next month or two imma gonna go buy an evo or m3..i need at least 4-5 cars for myself . my dad himself has 1 ferrari and 1 745li , my mom din drive at all but sometimes she drives my dad's beemer.
mmm im thinking if i decide not to buy an m3 for myself in next month , i could use the money to buy my mom a car , maybe a lexus or summthin..

Last edited by MirZa w da Z; 05-10-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by MirZa w da Z
My parents want to get me a new car for college, and my parents are pushing for getting a newer car, like 2000+. So I decided that 350Z would be a pretty nice car for a college kid .

===>>> me too , my parents din even ask me what car i like ,they just bought a C 230 and Z both brand new for me !! benz for when u wanna go out w bunch of ur homies, n Z for weekend when only u and ur gf ... btw at that time , i already had my 03 spyder for only couple months..i think 3 car for me isn't enough so prolly next month or two imma gonna go buy an evo or m3..i need at least 4-5 cars for myself . my dad himself has 1 ferrari and 1 745li , my mom din drive at all but sometimes she drives my dad's beemer.
mmm im thinking if i decide not to buy an m3 for myself in next month , i could use the money to buy my mom a car , maybe a lexus or summthin..
ROFL
Old 05-10-2005, 07:09 PM
MirZa w da Z

LMAOSTFU
Old 05-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Sensation350Z

LMAOSTFU
Your cars are freaking POS's
my mom bought me an escalade when i turned 14 and I drove that b!tch for a year til I turned 15 and complained so my uncle bought me a new vette. When I was finally old enough to drive at 16, my mom bought me a ferrari for my birthday. I just use the Z as my winter beater.

Last edited by Sensation350Z; 05-10-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:18 PM
lane myers

Originally Posted by V_Rated
I'm not really a fan of 350Z
then why consider taking money from your parents to get a car that you're "not a fan of"?

get a car that you are a fan of.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:21 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Duck & cover!! Incoming!

LOL!
Haha, for sure. I can see where this thread is going from a mile away.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:31 PM
atar350

Are you for real? This has nothing to do with helping him choose a car, you are just trying to brag about having all of these cars mom and dad bought. I have no respect for you, I saw your thread entitled, "my z, my spyder, and my benz"...Your Z is completley stock, and that horrible body kit and rims on that spyder are just plain ugly...my GF's 03 black spyder STOCK is more appealing then that thing. If I were you, I would sell that crap *** spyder which you completley fuglied up, and Mod your Z...I too plan on buying a C230 Kompressor sport, probably 04-05 in the near future, but I dont think I would go bragging about it online...you need 4-5 cars for yourself? But you are still living with mommy and daddy? SCREW the M3, or sell all of your cars and buy an m3, and then go buy a house! You dont know what is important, cruisin with your homies in an Benz, driving a stock Z, and a fugly *** spyder is gonna get you no where...werent most of the pics in a parking garage? who knows, maybe those are your friends cars, and you all met up somewhere? And I think one of your pictures of the Z was next to a parking meter, there is no way we can know those are all of yours, I could go to the mall and take pics of a bunch of cars and say they were mine, take a pic of all of them infront of you house, next to your dads ferrari and 745. Until I see that picture, I think your bull ****....

V-Rated, the Z is an awesome daily driver, if your parents want you to have a nice car, and you like the Z, then get it! You must want it, you did join this forum to find out info on it, just go get it, and you WILL be happy!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by atar350
Are you for real? This has nothing to do with helping him choose a car, you are just trying to brag about having all of these cars mom and dad bought. I have no respect for you, I saw your thread entitled, "my z, my spyder, and my benz"...Your Z is completley stock, and that horrible body kit and rims on that spyder are just plain ugly...my GF's 03 black spyder STOCK is more appealing then that thing. If I were you, I would sell that crap *** spyder which you completley fuglied up, and Mod your Z...I too plan on buying a C230 Kompressor sport, probably 04-05 in the near future, but I dont think I would go bragging about it online...you need 4-5 cars for yourself? But you are still living with mommy and daddy? SCREW the M3, or sell all of your cars and buy an m3, and then go buy a house! You dont know what is important, cruisin with your homies in an Benz, driving a stock Z, and a fugly *** spyder is gonna get you no where...werent most of the pics in a parking garage? who knows, maybe those are your friends cars, and you all met up somewhere? And I think one of your pictures of the Z was next to a parking meter, there is no way we can know those are all of yours, I could go to the mall and take pics of a bunch of cars and say they were mine, take a pic of all of them infront of you house, next to your dads ferrari and 745. Until I see that picture, I think your bull ****....

V-Rated, the Z is an awesome daily driver, if your parents want you to have a nice car, and you like the Z, then get it! You must want it, you did join this forum to find out info on it, just go get it, and you WILL be happy!
cough cough fart cough
Old 05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
MirZa w da Z

Originally Posted by lane myers
then why consider taking money from your parents to get a car that you're "not a fan of"?

get a car that you are a fan of.

he doesn't like 4 door , n he's not a fan of Z .
prolly u better end up buying a bike .
Old 05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
V_Rated

RxZ- thanks alot, I definately like the way the 350Z handles, and that was just regular driving I did in it. Alot smoother than the 300ZX. I like Z32's alot more, but that's only because of the looks. Z33's are awesome cars, they handle and have power. My favorite part about the car is definately the brakes, but thats just because my brakes are warped The front of the car is beautiful, I hope nissan doesn't reshape it, it looks awesome.

zland- I definately respect how you have lived. I do wish I could have done that, but I approached a different way. I started liking Z32's my freshman year in highschool, and worked a bunch of oddjobs (mowing lawns, school cafeteria, working for dad) for 4 years until I saved up a good amount. Surprisingly, my parents gave me $1000 extra towards buying a car. I bought my current car for $3500, and gave the $1000 back to my parents because I didn't need it. I would definately buy the 350Z myself, but at the most, I'll just pay the insurance, and the rest of the money to the monthly payments. While I am spoiled to an extent, I do not take complete advantage of my parents money and demand anything I want. This is something they want to give to me.

mirza wit da z- my religion does not allow me to have a gf, so I wouldnt know.

lane myers- I should have reworded it to say "the taillights haven't grown on me" I love everything about the 350Z, but the taillights haven't really been to my liking yet.

The Brickyard Rat- Yea, I expected alot of flaming, but I just wanted opinions on how people here have liked/disliked their 350Zs just for a better understanding.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:35 PM
lane myers

Originally Posted by V_Rated
lane myers- I should have reworded it to say "the taillights haven't grown on me" I love everything about the 350Z, but the taillights haven't really been to my liking yet.
well, at least when you're driving it you cant see the tailights... just always walk pass the front of the car when getting in it...
Old 05-10-2005, 08:41 PM
V_Rated

haha, i'll probably end up getting used to it. I didn't like the way my 300ZX looked without the TT spoiler, but finally it grew on me. So the 350Z taillights will probably grow on me.

Quick Reply: What would you guys choose?