Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new member here...is 350z worth it? pros? cons?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to be honest, i love my z. it meets my needs and wants in many ways. i just don't want too many other z cars down here in san diego, hence the wink.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:32 AM
wj4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z BOY
to be honest, i love my z. it meets my needs and wants in many ways. i just don't want too many other z cars down here in san diego, hence the wink.
in that case, im going to get a z and tt it, and transfer down to ucsd so i can give u the competition u so desired
Old 05-17-2005, 08:38 AM
G Spot

Originally Posted by wj4
the thing that sucks about s2000 is that u cant bargain on them since theyre limited. but on the z, u can bargain ur butt off lol
Not true. you can get '05 s2k for $29-$30k and leftover (yes, still some left) '04 for $27.5-28k. Let me introduce you to www.s2ki.com Same for STi, www.nasioc.com
You also forgot about '05 G35c 6-spd. One can be had for ~$30-31k (it can be done). Z engine/power/torque, Infiniti build quality/service, 4 seats, bigger/better wheels, etc. just my 2 cents.

I hope this helps. Everyone knows about the torque thing about the s2k, but if you know how to drive one (since it's F1 insipred car), you'll be driving. Everyone also knows about the STi's torque figures, and yes it's much $$ to mod compared to the other 2.
Z is the easiest to drive and most common. Beauty wise, well that's in the eye of the beholder. Ofcourse, here at z forum, that's little biased.
I had both '02 s2k and '05 STi previously, and despite the power factor of the STi, I had the most fun with the S. For your current asking price, you can get a supercharger or a hardtop with the new S.

Anyway you look at it: S vs Z vs STi vs '05 G35c 6-spd, you can't loose. They are all great cars for ~$30k.

"was it just me or when you guys test drove the S2K you felt like it was a girls car. dont get me wrong i love the performance and styling but i felt like a chick. The Z screams manhood IMO..."
You got some serious insecurity issues and that's just sad.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:57 AM
wj4

Originally Posted by G Spot
Not true. you can get '05 s2k for $29-$30k and leftover (yes, still some left) '04 for $27.5-28k. Let me introduce you to www.s2ki.com Same for STi, www.nasioc.com
You also forgot about '05 G35c 6-spd. One can be had for ~$30-31k (it can be done). Z engine/power/torque, Infiniti build quality/service, 4 seats, bigger/better wheels, etc. just my 2 cents.

I hope this helps. Everyone knows about the torque thing about the s2k, but if you know how to drive one (since it's F1 insipred car), you'll be driving. Everyone also knows about the STi's torque figures, and yes it's much $$ to mod compared to the other 2.
Z is the easiest to drive and most common. Beauty wise, well that's in the eye of the beholder. Ofcourse, here at z forum, that's little biased.
I had both '02 s2k and '05 STi previously, and despite the power factor of the STi, I had the most fun with the S. For your current asking price, you can get a supercharger or a hardtop with the new S.

Anyway you look at it: S vs Z vs STi vs '05 G35c 6-spd, you can't loose. They are all great cars for ~$30k.

"was it just me or when you guys test drove the S2K you felt like it was a girls car. dont get me wrong i love the performance and styling but i felt like a chick. The Z screams manhood IMO..."
You got some serious insecurity issues and that's just sad.
thanks for the s2000 site, and im already on the subie site lol.l
i guess negotiation is about location...since im in the L.A. area, i cant really get the same deal as to say, a dealership in a smalltown somewhere in the midwest.
as stated i have an accord right now, and i go to a very friendly honda dealership for oil change n such. i asked them what is the price on the s2000s and the they told me $31g's firm. one of the manager that has been there for a decade pulled one off for $27g's but thats because they hooked him up really nice.
I dont htink the s2000 look girly at all, i think its actually pretty manly looking. but space is a concern for me because it has a lot less space than 350z.

and i didnt forget about g35c 6 sp lol. i actually wanted that car before i got the accord last sept. i called about5 dealerships around my house and said im willing to give them $28g's in cash for one but no one would take me up so i ended up with the av6.
i was lookin at kbb.com and the price of touring 350z w/o navi is $32g's and thats almost the same range as a base g35 coupe 6pd and the cd changer in the g35 plays mp3 cd as well.
if i cant get a 350z touring with navi for $33g's otd, i may look at the g35 coupe, hehe.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I hate my car so much. I'm getting a Scion.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:15 PM
wj4

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
I hate my car so much. I'm getting a Scion.
seriously those scions come hooked up already out the box..who needs a z?
Old 05-19-2005, 09:51 PM
kangol99

I've had my Z for 3 weeks and it already has 1100 miles on it. I love everything about it, even the bose stereo sounds great! I'm not sure if the earlier model's had problems but I'm really into music and aftermarket stereos and I think the bose sounds awesome for stock. I have a few moron friends who are all about speed that say my Z is slow and Evo's STI's blah blah blah can beat me but to tell you the truth I really don't care. The Z Looks awesome and does so much so well. No matter where I drive ppl break their necks to look at it. People on the sidewalks always hoot and holler and say how much they like it. My friend has a 2002 S2k and i've rode in it many times. Its a quick car but I like my Z more. I liked Z's more before I ever thought i'd have one. Like the others have said, Evo's and STI's have to race to really get attention and the respect of others but in the Z all you have to do is sit in a parking lot where there are alot of ppl and watch them all become drawn to the Z. Everytime I go to the car wash it takes me an extra hour to get home because of all the people that come talk to me and check out my car. The Evo and STI usually get mistaken for a typical "Ricer" car that a young kids have. The Z has a grown up, luxury exotic sports car look....its not just a look either it does it all great!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:39 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I don't like all the attention from everyone especially tall beautiful curvy women. Yesterday someone yelled out the window at a stop light and asked how much pu$$y I get with this car. It also a V6 engine that waste too much gas and too loud. I don't like the sports seats I prefer my office chair. I'm leaning towards trading it in for a Camry and probably get some TRD badges maybe. It has a way better climate control.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:44 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you guys must all live in small suburban areas cause in phoenix, AZ, no one cares about the Z. You see one every 10-15 miles.

I still like mine though
Old 05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
RED HOT Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=The Black Z]Take it from me.... I test drove a STI, alright I really REALLY didn't like the car because of the following...

For the money,
1) The interior is no better then my explorer

2) If your a color coordinated then the colors do not match up at all. The stitching on them is red, does not flow with the color of the car.

3) The clutch.... feels like a damn civic clutch, way too loose for the car.

well first of all the stitching is pink like the emblems pretty funny.

the interior looks like a 10,000 dollar car real shittty

the clutch does suck *** i like the nice stiff clutch the z has

but i like the exterior a bit and the torque is great but I still went with the z instead

Also my cousin and brother in law both have sti's and from a stop I loose every time but from a roll I win everytime
Old 05-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Landbarger

I love my Z. I bought it used in December and I'm still working out bugs. Am I unpleased with the effort it's taking? yes. Would an STi or EVO be better in my area? most likely. The point is I bought it because the quality/performance/appearance seemed to be more what I wanted. It's up to you, these are all great cars.

Have fun with whichever you chose...
Old 05-21-2005, 08:26 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I hate it. I wish it had 4 doors. It should have been a front wheel drive so I can drive like crazy in the rain. I wish it had a big elegant gold clock in the middle instead of the stupid rpm.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:44 AM
The Black Z

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
I hate it. I wish it had 4 doors. It should have been a front wheel drive so I can drive like crazy in the rain. I wish it had a big elegant gold clock in the middle instead of the stupid rpm.

sounds like you hate your z... why dont u just sell it?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:25 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I like the home link garage door opener. I met get a luxurious Sonata.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:31 PM
bixby

Pro's............_Con's
It's a Z ..........Not enough room for you & 4 friends (probably a "pro")
It's Fun ..........You won't get any sleep on long road trips (cause you won't let anyone else drive)
It's Fast
It's Beautiful
It's a Z
It's a Z
It's a Z
It's a Z