Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HEY SCHINDEM! YEAH I'm CALLING YOU OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 01:53 PM
wadd3456

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOw

One major reason he ISNT responding is because the guy is in the airforce and constantly away from the computer. Jeesh, he is a nice person and obvoiusly none of you know him. Mike drove all the way from Miss. to meet me and do a stereo install on his car. Notice the sub in the false floor and the DIN plate......thats my trade mark haha.

Yeah the coffee mug is a bit much, but whatever. Id bet ya 50bux that SOMEONE ELSE did that write up. Here in GA you can pay someone 300+ bux and they will do anything in their power to sell your car. One thing they do is put the car on ebay and write up an elaborate page. Give the guy some credit ok.

I have a feeling because of his seperation (with the wife) he has to loose the ride. How would YOU feel?!

Old 11-29-2002, 07:43 PM
Slareau02

You know, now that I think of I don't think its that big of a deal. He should of at least said that it wasn't his car and asked permission from the peoples who's pictures they were. Other than that no real harm done. My previous statements were a bit brash.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Stailey

i really dont this its a big enough deal to go and try to sue the man...thats just blowing things out of perportion....

but he should of asked permission
Old 12-01-2002, 07:10 PM
schindem

Default OMG- are you kidding me...

Well Well Well-

It would seem that I may have ruffled the feathers of a few Z owners in my ad on EBAY selling the Z...

I have used some images that were on the internet to acurately represent what car is being sold.

A Daytona Blue Z is a Daytona Blue Z- fact...

I have modified the car, but only on the interior.

I have photographed the mods that I have made and some of the photos are ones that I have taken. I also used some of my own exterior photos. I then searched the web and I found some others that help reflect the actual beauty of the Z and cropped or used these photos so that those individuals who haven't seen a DB Z, can get a better idea of how gorgeous this car is.

If anyone notices a photo of theirs that they don't want used elsewhere on the internet in an ad or whatever, let me know. I will remove it and replace with a photo of someone who oks it or of one of my own.

The way this works is you notify me, and I remove the photo. Simple- fact, nothing else. A person must realize that when they post a photo on the internet, it is public domain unless specified in a disclaimer.

You all should do some more research before your mind just pops off without knowing what you are talking about... And for those who second their opinions, you're just sheep- baaaah.

----------------------
Oh and come on, the mug was $50.00, those of you lacking the common sense to notice a typo and actually think a mug is 500.00, I'm surprised you have the IQ to actually find the power button on your computer!

So all whom I've offended- email me with your disclaimer information and photo copyright date; also let me know which photo is yours and that you are offended- and don't like your vehicle being represented on another website I'll remove it. No questions asked.

To all other derogatory comments- just goes to show you how a lack of backbone doesn't take you very far in this world. CALL ME- my numbers on the ad- and I'll come personally and discuss this matter further, you can show me exactly how displeased you are with my ad!

I'm out-
Old 12-01-2002, 07:51 PM
schindem

Default Ummm...

So all whom I've offended- email me with your disclaimer information and photo copyright date; also let me know which photo is yours and that you are offended- and don't like your vehicle being represented on another website I'll remove it. No questions asked.
Oh, you forgot this information VQ... PM me with it-
Old 12-01-2002, 08:02 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ummm...

Originally posted by schindem
Oh, you forgot this information VQ... PM me with it-
I'd think it would be appropriate to remove his pictures, simply because he has expressed his desire for you to do so. Maybe many of us do not fully understand 'disclaimer' and 'copyright' technicalities (myself included), but I think we all understand what made VQ upset.

Just do the right thing.

Peace.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

And to spout off at a 16 year old kid basically telling him (in so many words) that you want to go to his house and physically attack him, is even less cool than posting other people's pictures without their OK.

I don't think your statements about photos being public domain is fully accurate if you actually use said photos in an advertisement to sell something (for your financial gain). For example, I could certainly download and save to my computer, a picture of a bathing suit model. I could probably even get away with posting her pic on a web site. But, when I use her pic to say, sell a bathing suit on ebay, that is where the law becomes a little fuzzy.

Look, Scott says you are a good guy. I'll take his word on that since I don't know you and he apparently does. Then be the good guy here and remove the pics and use the ones you took instead. That would be the right thing to do.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:28 PM
alex100

even so the seller of the mug didnt appreciate it.. and he sells them for 9.99 not 50 bucks...

please...
Old 12-01-2002, 08:42 PM
schindem

FYI, I did request permission to VQ to keep the photos on the ad, and he agreed to allow them. A good man, I can tell-

As to a physical threat, I'm simply stating that to throw around trash talk to someone on a website is one thing, but to not address the person one on one is simply the issue at hand. I was brought up believing that if you have a problem with something, you go straight to the source. Just my upbringing, and it has always done me well...

As it has so far on this issue- I appreciate VQ posting his images of the DB Z, for all to admire- and for me to present the vehicle as it should be represented.

And as I stated before- if others want me to ask for their permission to keep the photos posted, I will do so. Like I said no questions asked.

--------------
And as to the coffee mug issue- great for my desk, but evidently the DB Z items are more expensive than others, maybe a higher demand due to the rarity of them... oh and I checked the price, it was 15.00 after shipping- like I said, typo- the Hotwheels collectors was 50.00-
another costly and great paperweight for a desk...

These are just the goodies that I had purchased because I admire the car so much. Bonuses for the purchaser of my Z. There is no reason for me to sell other than my situation...