Sponsored by:

HOLY SH*t!!! ALMOST CRASHED

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 AM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zownz
Let us know when you loose it so we wont go that fast. Take one for the team..ha!

Thats enough outta you, Mr!
Old 05-22-2005, 08:42 AM
zownz

Originally Posted by BikerChickSI
Thats enough outta you, Mr!
yes my love
Old 05-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Skrill

Originally Posted by Balthazar
I have a very good reason not to turn it on (hell, I chose a base model because I didn't want the crappy LSD, want a clutch type like the Nismo, didn't wand TCS etc, so I didn't get a Enthusiast).

I don't use it because I have driven ALL of my life without TCS on ANY of my vehicles, and as silly as it sounds, it interfering with me causes more harm that good.

I have specifically spent time learning what to do when this or that happens.

When this or that happens and I adjust for it, tcs kicks in and does its own thing, which throw my reaction out of whack and causes me to try to compensate in an unknown way.

I realize this places the blame SOLELY on me but I've never had an incident where TCS would have saved me. When it rains or snows out I don't want something making me overconfident, I don't want to think "eh, tcs will fix it".

I've never had a problem, and I don't see a reason to pay to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

But thats just me and anyone who think it will help in the slightest then I completely agree that you shuld leave it on until you WANT to break em loose.
Dude -- I really think you may be delusional with regard to your own driving skills. No matter how good you think you are - the electronic aids can and will assist when you are on the street. Granted -- I do take them off when I am at the track (assuming its dry), but that is a safer, much more controlled environment.

Here is a good video showing how amazing modern traction control can be (it's a bittorrent file of Fifth Gear a British television show). Here you will see that even Tiff Needell is unable to avoid an accident without the use of the electronic aids (granted the test area is ice -- but using the most extreme low grip surface helps to prove a point).

Tiff is a skilled former race driver who has driven everything from F1, to Can-Am, to LeMans Prototypes and Sports cars.

http://www.finalgear.com/downloads/fifthgear/7/2/
Old 05-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by Skrill
Dude -- I really think you may be delusional with regard to your own driving skills. No matter how good you think you are - the electronic aids can and will assist when you are on the street. Granted -- I do take them off when I am at the track (assuming its dry), but that is a safer, much more controlled environment.

Here is a good video showing how amazing modern traction control can be (it's a bittorrent file of Fifth Gear a British television show). Here you will see that even Tiff Needell is unable to avoid an accident without the use of the electronic aids (granted the test area is ice -- but using the most extreme low grip surface helps to prove a point).

Tiff is a skilled former race driver who has driven everything from F1, to Can-Am, to LeMans Prototypes and Sports cars.

That was the very video that made me realize that electronic nannies can actually help!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Mr_Q

Leave the TCS and or VDC on when city driving.

Although ever since installing my new tires I have yet to get it to activate. I just don't slip or slide out anymore. These tires are glue!

BFG KDW2s. Stock sizes.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:54 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BikerChickSI
Thanks guys. Im just gonna go trade in the Z for a honda hybrid since girls shouldnt be driving fast cars.

Iam glad u understand.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:03 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by Skrill

I cant view that file cause its a torrent and i dont have any torrent stuff.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:02 PM
35oZephyR

No tcs
No vdc

I would keep it on if I had them, but the budget at the time only allowed a base model Z.

Whenever I push the car, all "six" of my senses are channeled because I realize I have no electronic nannies.

I won't deny that TCS and VDC are useful, but without em, I've forced myself to be a little more focused than usual (unlike previous cars).
I can almost feel/hear/ sense when one of the wheels are not getting traction, then adjust accordingly. It really forces you to be one with the car.

But I also live in dry sunny San Diego, so that's a plus. (not recently with the wet season though)

My previous commuter, I didn't even know that I broke traction until the ACS/ TCS light was blinking crazy.

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 05-22-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Miraclekidjr
Banned

Ok....I lost it my friend, slid out into the ditch at 86 car bogged out and died....now we all know the limits....no more experiments
Old 05-26-2005, 10:58 AM
RED HOT Z

my vdc and the I accept on the navi are the first things to come off but once on the freeway the vdc goes back on
Old 05-26-2005, 04:01 PM
boma

WE have some E-pimps in the house!!!