Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z me later

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 02:54 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats ******** if you ordered in march you should have had your car allready.

i ordered mid feb got it first week of september. 3 weeks early
Old 11-29-2002, 02:56 PM
MacGuru

hummm. Did you order from DiFeo Nissan in NJ? They pulled all kinds of crap with me!
Old 11-29-2002, 03:09 PM
themyst

I bought mine off the lot at DiFeo. It was like pulling teeth to get something faxed over to me.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:11 PM
grogsnorf

Call Jim DeMarco at east coast Nissan in EnglewoodCliffs NJ. he has them in stock.....MSRP.......Fair place
Jim M
Old 11-29-2002, 07:41 PM
MacGuru

Originally posted by DonCorleone
No, I ordered from Ramsey Nissan on Route 17...what ever happened with you and Difeo?
In short, the answer to your question.

Background: I had already had an open file with NNA on a previous dealer Nissan Nemmet Auto in Brooklyn, NY. They told me I had a pre-order, but would not give me an order #. NNA investigated and found out that it was never submitted. Dealer kept insisting I was getting my car until I told them about NNA. I knew they were playing games when they wouldn't supply a order #. Then the story came clean and they (Nemmet) said NNA wasn't taking orders again until Sept. They apologized for the mix up... my a$$. And began to quote me a promise date in early December. Needless to say, I told them where to go and got my money back. Actually, that was the only thing they came through with, rapid refund of deposit. Now, on to the story...

DiFeo flat out LIED, DECEIVED, BORDERLINE FRAUD AND INTENTIONAL DECIET! I took over a legitimate pre-order contract, approved through the GM. I personally went to the dealer to see whom I was doing business with. Even had NNA register the name with the order, so the Vin had my name on it. Now, (1) week before my car was expected to arrive, the dealer (GM) called to tell me they had a pre-order that backed out. Would I be interested? The car was the exact same car as my pre-order, with every option to match. Once I expressed my interest in the Z on hand to the dealer, I knew it was coming. Let the games began... He (GM) wanted 4K over MSRP. I cannot tell you how bad I wanted to reach through the phone! I expressed no interest in his games and told him I can wait a week or two (since my pre-order was due to arrive soon @ MSRP). After a couple of phone calls back and forth, and a day later, the GM agreed to MSRP. I told him I will be down at his dealership first thing in the morning (being it was 6pm on Sun). The salesman told me he would have my car prepped for pick up first thing. So to cover my a$$, the very next morning I call my NNA rep and told him of the pre-order back out offer from the GM @ DiFeo and that I was going to get the back out.

Before I could even get my car keys, the phone rings. I get a call from my (sales rep) stating that the car was no longer available. I was like WTF. The car I was picking up was sold last night. Iagain was like... WTF. Someone came in to pick up their Black pre-order and saw MY CS Z and decided he wanted both. I was told by my saleman (whom denies selling my car) that another sales person who didn't know I had my name on this car, sold it for 7K over MSRP. My blood was boiling at this point! My salesman then proceeded to tell me that my pre-order was no longer mine because they gave it to someone else. (Breath slowly... slow deep breaths... repeat to self, no violence! No violence!) How can they give MY contract to someone else? Needless to say I went off of the sales guy and demanded to speak with the GM. I immediately called the GM and was expressing my concern about my contracted pre-order. He proceeded to tell me the sales rep had no idea what he was talking about and the my car was due to come in any day (next couple of weeks). You could imaging the emotional rollercoster ride.

So, I proceeded to check in every few days so that I wouldn't be a pain, but to check on any news. I didn't hear anything from the dealer on my actual day of delivery, so I called them around 3pm (giving the better part of the day) and asked about my car. This was the response from the dealer GM. I apologize for the mix up, but the car that came in a couple of days ago was not yours. Your car isn't due in until December. I couldn't believe I was speaking to the same guy. I thought I was losing it. All I heard was apology... apology... but there's nothing we can do now!

When NNA got wind that DiFeo was playing games, they immediately launched an investigation. Now what that will yield in the end remains to be seen. For my troubles, NNA offered up a 10y/100k extended warranty. But this will not be the end of it. I want to make sure that DiFeo pays for it. i.e., Loss of preferred dealer status. The game is not over!

Because I was in desperate need of transportation, I ended up getting my Z in Chicago because I couldn't get a single dealer in the North East to sell me a car @ MSRP. After many of phone calls to dealers from the NE - Westward, I hoped on a plane to Chicago and picked up my beautiful CS w/12 miles on her. I must say it was a very nice feeling driving off the lot with my new Z. So goes the beginning of my 14hrs journey home. Lot's blind spot drifters and stares from everyone on the road. It was a challenge learning how to deal with all the on lookers. Not nearly as bad, but I remember this when I first got the C5 in 97'. Real head turners back then. Now my Z has 2500 miles and going strong. Had the Bose replacement and it much sounds better, (knock on wood) nothing else serious has gone wrong.

So goes my story... AT THE END OF THE DAY, MOST (almost all) DEALERS ARE OUT TO MAKE $$$! They can care less about the buyer and that is a damn shame. When will they realize that customer loyalty is what keeps you in business? Repeat sales and service! Is that not what a car dealer is in business for?

Good luck to all those that venture into the shark infested waters of slimy Nissan dealers. Rest assured, I'm more than armed to go out and buy another car. Very valuable lessons learned.

I repeat. The game is not over...
Cheers. -m
Old 11-29-2002, 08:00 PM
MacGuru

Originally posted by DonCorleone
Which dealer in Chicago.....
Al Piemonte, North Lake, IL