Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Damn cops?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 10:56 AM
I want a 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn cops?!

I was driving around in Flushing at around 11-12, and I see a beautiful Silverstone Z. I stop to look at it, and there was a ticket! The Z was the only one with it. Are the cops singling out just hte Z? The cars near it had nothing. Doesn't seem right... Anyway, who owns the silverstone Z? It had the 17inch rims and was from Star Nissan. who owns it and where do you live?
Old 11-30-2002, 11:38 AM
MacGuru

I own a CS and I've been stopped 2X's for very frivolous violations. I’m talking about minor infractions that I see being made (by everyone) in the city ALL the time.

(1) First for making a right turn on Madison during the wrong hours. Two other cars did the exact same thing right behind me. The lady officer said she was going to give them a ticket too. But needless to say, the light turns green and the other cars just drove away. She wasn't interested in them. Only me! Then she has the audacity to ask if I'm going to fight the ticket. I told her why not! I have nothing else better to do with my time (sarcasm). She went to say, "Don't make me feel bad!" I was like, "You don't have to feel bad, you met your quota... RIGHT!" I'm the one that has to deal with the increase in auto insurance, no you!

(2) Then other time, waiting to make a left turn onto 51st St from Park Ave. Car in front stops, but doesn't move into the intersection (tourist). So I move to my right and then turn left into the intersection. A cop pulls me over for not using my blinker/signal. Now, I had my signal ON ready to make a left turn. He then tells me it's because I didn't signal right, even though I signaled left again.

Well, both of these tickets I'm fighting. Doubt I will win, but it's just a shame so many cops are jealous or envious to the point of pathetic justice. Sad part is I have several friends on the NYPD (former and retired) and FDNY. But those guys are REAL COPS, not traffic brownie bitches. Well, those are just my experiences, but I'm sure I will not be the only one. This car draws a LOT of attention from the police! Or is it my dumb luck. Drive safe. -m
Old 11-30-2002, 12:05 PM
k2we

Did you happen to see what the ticket was given for?? Maybe the front plate was missing?? There are a million ******** reasons to get a ticket in New York City.. I really don't think the "Z" was singled out.. There was an obvious reason he (or she) got a ticket.

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY
Old 11-30-2002, 01:51 PM
MacGuru

Senario one - No right turn during hours of 9-6, m-f. Guess I should have read the sign when I made a right turn leaving the parking garage.

Senario two - ticket says "improper turn".

On either occasion, they didn't even question the front plate. Good thing, I sure didn't need to donate any more money to the city. I use to average a 300-500 a year on parking tickets with my two other cars. $0 since I've had the Z, although I use the garage/park a lot more often now.

Peace. -m
Old 11-30-2002, 03:31 PM
I want a 350Z

Well it was parked and I just drove by becuase I had stuff to do. But there was no front liscense plate...
Old 11-30-2002, 04:23 PM
MacGuru

I wouldn't be surprised, I actually had a parking enforcement officer tell me he likes to give tickets for no plate. If you park on the street, be prepared for tickets for no front plate. He must have really liked the Z for me not to get a ticket. He even let me park without dropping a quarter in the meter (although I did anyway), he said he would watch it for me. He wished me luck, stared for about 5 minutes and headed on down the road. Very rare occurance in nyc. Nice guy, too bad all cops are not like him. -m
Old 12-01-2002, 08:26 AM
CPA
Charter Member #23

Default Get used to the attention

Yesterday I was driving down the 5 approaching Santa Barbara when low and behold I drove right through a speed trap... There were FIVE cars (including myself) that were doing about 75 in a 65 zone. I was second from the last and the cop picked ME, and ONLY ME for the ticket. His rationale - mine was the car that the plane picked up on radar. Translation: CROCK