Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which trim! soo many!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Delirium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which trim! soo many!

I am looking for a used 350Z. Can you guys tell me what to look out for? Also, I want to get a Performance model, but it is kind of hard to find. Does all of the DSC and VSC stuff make a big difference, Or does the base & enth. trims suffice? The base model is the easiest to find & I can also save some $ for mods!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends how far you wanna go with mods. If you want to change seats, get a sound system, install a DVD player or a aftermarket Nav. then the Touring model is really not neccessary since you'll be changing those things, which are available in the Touring trim. If you want to change the rims (Performance model also comes with 18" rims,) then you wouldn't really need the Performance model either, altough VDC is nice to have (i'm not sure how well TCS works). So the enthusiast would suffice in that case.

I personally chose the Touring model because I don't plan on changing anything on the interior for now. I'm first doing the engine upgrades. I really enjoy the extra stuff the Touring model offers, such as leather seats, vdc (trust me, VDC works great!!!), bose system (yes, unlike many others, I actually don't think that the bose system is all that bad), and the 18" wheels kinda grew on me over time. I don't think they're all that bad now.

It all depends on what you're planning to upgrade and whether you like some of the extras that the higher trims come with. Many people on here tend to agree that the enthusiast is the best bang for the buck.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:14 PM
MADDOG`

Question which trim?

I chose the Track model for several reasons. First, it had Brembos.

Next, it has the Ray's Forged Aluminum Wheels, reducing unsprung weight at each corner.

Finally, I knew I didn't need GPS, heated leather seats, power seat, upscale sound (I plan on installing something else) (all these add weight) and was going to pump up the HP so the basic layout of the Track model appealed greatly to me.

Good Luck with your decision!
Attached Thumbnails which trim!  soo many!-nwz_2x3_business_card_flat.jpg  
Old 05-26-2005, 07:59 PM
TAZBomberman

Get the Touring model ...
Old 05-26-2005, 08:08 PM
O-State

where are you located? We've got quite a few (used) 03's on the lot. I know for sure one of them is a performance model. Let me know.

Good luck!!!
Ben
Old 05-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Delirium

I am in So. Cali.

I hope to get an '04 in white.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:56 AM
The Black Z

I bought the performance model because of the rims and VDC. I Love the VDC but it is a quiet different then the TCS. But its all up to what you want to do like people have stated.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:14 AM
RED HOT Z

i love my navi, my heated leather seats, my auto dimming mirror with garage door opener, bigger wheels, vdc, aero kit, bose, and everything about the touring.

GET THE TOURING
Old 05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Integrity
Banned

I bought a Touring simply because it was the color I wanted and it was sitting on the lot. I too would have lived without all the bells and whistles, but they've grown on me. I'm planning on swapping almost all of the stuff out, but having it in the mean time is great. The only advice I have for you is don't get the base. At the very least get the Enthusiast, IMHO the LSD is worth it.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Delirium

I do plan on doing a lot of modding. But I know that some things like traction control & stability control are not things you can add aftermarket... are they necessary?

I am thinking also that the '04 is the way to go cuz of the tire feathering prob... but is that fixable w/ aftermarket adj. camber plates?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:33 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Yes on the 04. Go with at least the Enthusiast model. You get a bunch of stuff (in addition to TCS) with the Enthusiast for not much more than Base.

Go to the Nissan site to see what comes on each model.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:46 PM
egsmachine

LSD on the enthusiast also. my reason for it. that and my minmalist ideals (hahaha )
Old 05-27-2005, 01:12 PM
SB Track

Avoid Base model. If that's all the time you have to read, avoid Base model.

Enthusiast : definitely best bang for the buck. Has HID Xenon headlights, limited slip differential, and Traction control system.

Performance : 18" wheels, and vehicle dynamic control (slightly better than TCS)

Touring : leather, heated seats, premium sound.

Track : Brembo brakes, 18" forged Rays Engineering Wheels, VDC.

I got the Track model because it was the most expensive model and is the rarest one. I also got the navigation, because a track with nav is even harder to find. Also, I don't plan to mod much, so the track is the best overall complete package. I wish it had leather, non-powered seats optional or something though.