2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 11:15 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what dealers are telling us, the release date is August (but very few will get their cars in August)...Most of the pre-orders will be built in July and delivered in September. The waiting lists should be pretty hefty for the Z. The first one to hit the dealership that is not a pre-order is probably going to be in December. Selfish dealers will probably be marking them up about 5g's too. I'm not sure if there's a pre-order program starting for the g35. If nothing official, you could probably still head to your dealership and put your name on a waiting list when they first arrive. Good luck and welcome!
Old 06-24-2002, 04:56 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally posted by drewdeezee
Is it possible to customize a Z from www.nissandriven.com and get it exactly the way I configured it at the exact price that is listed on the site? I think that saving thousands and having my options the way I want them is worth the wait.

I may be wrong on this but I believe the section of the NissanDriven.com site where you can put together a car with your options, will only give you a list that you must then bring to your local dealer..the prices given are MSRP but the dealer is under no obligation to stick to those prices..and I doubt they will..My dealer has told me to expect a $5-$10K markup on any car that is not pre-ordered...hope this info helps and welcome to the site
Old 06-24-2002, 08:49 AM
LordBiO

Don't pay a markup fee, and don't listen to dealers who say they have to mark it up. If you search around, you will find a dealer who will offer MSRP price to you.

The salesperson (he is the manager) that I bought it from, said he is only getting one Z in August for someone who booked it in Jan. And has a bunch coming in Sept. that go into production in July. I went into today to ask if there was anyway I could get it before December (because I just booked mine yesterday) and he told me he can't because the orders go straight to Nissan and Nissan gives him a date when to expect it. He actually took me into staff office and showed me the board with how many Z's they have allocated for each month and for the year and which ones they have sold so far.

He also told me that his dealership won't be getting any stock or floor models till December or January. So we went ahead and booked a second, identical model which I am going to most likely sell in November or December when there is even more demand and less inventory. If I don't then, we will just have 2 Zs
Old 06-24-2002, 04:07 PM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

Originally posted by AudioPat

I may be wrong on this but I believe the section of the NissanDriven.com site where you can put together a car with your options, will only give you a list that you must then bring to your local dealer..the prices given are MSRP but the dealer is under no obligation to stick to those prices..and I doubt they will..My dealer has told me to expect a $5-$10K markup on any car that is not pre-ordered...hope this info helps and welcome to the site
You are right. That section gives you the MSRP. Then add to that, the usual costs like tax, title, license, etc. Somehow my dealer has a lower MSRP than shown on the web site for the same stuff I configured. Lower by approximately $1K. But they put in a $2K markup. I requested a copy of the work up last week. In the end, my real total is a bit under $41K.
*sticker shock*

What's real annoying though is that none of it is set. The price can still change up or down now. I mentioned the sticker shock when I spoke with them. They said "don't worry about it". Whatever that means.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:04 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Hey SinGin,

Couple questions...did you pre order?..what model and options?...which L.A. Area dealer?...was it a straight $2K mark up or did they try to sell you a dealer installed package?..inquiring minds want to know
Old 06-25-2002, 05:13 AM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

Originally posted by AudioPat
Hey SinGin,

Couple questions...did you pre order?..what model and options?...which L.A. Area dealer?...was it a straight $2K mark up or did they try to sell you a dealer installed package?..inquiring minds want to know
Yep. I pre-ordered in Feb. The Track model w/ Side Air bag, floor mats, trunk mat, spalsh guard, and aluminum kick plate.

From Universal City Nissan. I just took a closer look and it is at MSRP. They just add in the handling fee later with the dealer markup. It is a straight markup, nothing about a dealer package.