Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help Having problem with VENDOR

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's be clear here....As a moderator, I could give 2 hoots less whether he makes money for this forum or not. My job here is to make sure that the conduct of the MEMBERS is appropriate and in line with the terms of use you agreed to when you registered. As an enthusiast, I'm glad that Dave and all the other companies choose to be vendors here because it allows all of us to enjoy the benefits of this forum at no cost to ourselves. I'm an enthusiast first and an ***-kissing politician never. No part of my agreement to be a moderator here included sucking up to the vendors who aren't doing a grade-A job of servicing customers. I've not made any excuses for Dave, and in fact I've followed and posted in multiple threads (one of which was my own) about poor communication and customer service with this vendor, and I've stated that here.

These vendors end up dealing day in and day out with impatient people who think that the whole world is as small as the internet seems to make it. People who spend a lot of money on something that will ship across an ocean, three countries, and multiple parties in a box the size of a refigerator expect that it's going to arrive on their door-step by 10:00 am the next day, and that's not realistic. The logistics for delivering so many of the aftermarket parts available to us are a complete nightmare and those logistics often place the delivery timelines out of the hands of the company from which you order a part.

I think 4 weeks for a part to be ordered from Japan, shipped by boat to CA, pass through customs, be delivered to a freight carrier, sent to Canada, passed through customs again, possibly handed to a different freight carrier, and delivered to you is not unreasonable. Hell, 6 weeks probably isn't unreasonable. I've waited almost that long for something considerably smaller that is shipping from CA. That's just the way it goes.

I *completely* sympathize with the frustration due to the silent treatment the OP is receiving. It seems to be a chronic problem with this vendor, that he has thus-far been unwilling to rectify. I've been through it myself. But it is not the responsibility of my350z.com to be the "professionalism police" for every vendor that wants to advertise here? If my350z dropped an advertiser everytime someone complained that their order didn't show up on time, there would be no advertisers, and thus no my350z.com.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:34 PM
FAIRLADYZ-NY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donhuh
ok guys what should i do now? i haven't heard from dave and i dont even have tracking #.I asked so many times but dave never provide me tracking #. for 4 weeks.. wonder they really shipped my kits ??? Honestly I just want my money back.
you know what...i'm going through the same situation.
could never get on the phone with them!!!!!!
always the answering machine.....
i don't know how they do their bussiness????
apparently i am not the only one trying to get a tracking#.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:05 PM
donhuh

ok i was waiting for my shipping info for another week, but dave never give me any info so i email him today asking what happen to my shipping info?? and he reply:

sent you your pilot tracking info over the weekend?do I need to resend?

WTF is this? he thinks Im ****ing stupid or what?? I didnt get any email from him about my shipping info over weekend. I ****ing checked my email everyday to see if he sent email about my shipping info.. anyway so i reply back to him asking for resend it. and now he is not responding my email. so i try to call them but they never pick up the phone. how they do their business like this?? and how they became vendor of this site???

Last edited by donhuh; 06-08-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:08 PM
donhuh

Originally Posted by FAIRLADYZ-NY
you know what...i'm going through the same situation.
could never get on the phone with them!!!!!!
always the answering machine.....
i don't know how they do their bussiness????
apparently i am not the only one trying to get a tracking#.
350zforums.org need to keep the sh**t straight and tell us what's going on with our product.. seems like many people having problem with this vendor.
here is another thread talking bad about 350zforums.org.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/126577-help-and-beware-with-this-vendor.html
Old 06-08-2005, 08:56 PM
kcobean

and how they became vendor of this site???
I feel your pain, I really do. I've been there myself with this vendor.

However, you all need to realize that my350z.com is not obligated to provide you with any assurance that an advertiser will uphold some unspoken level of service simply because they pay to advertise here. This site is a business, and as such is here to make money (almost entirely from advertising) for the owners while providing you with a *free* service (premium members aside) . As long as my350z.com is not involved in defrauding you then you have no grounds to stomp your feet and complain that this site is in anyway involved in your poor customer experience with a given vendor. How could the site owner/staff even be certain that you learned of the vendor from this site? There are lots of other Z sites on the Internet. Now on the flip-side, if you have undeniable proof that a vendor has defrauded you *AND* you have taken all reasonable measures to come to a solution with them, then you MIGHT get some support from the owner of the site in removing them as a vendor, but you'd probably best have all your ducks in a row when you swing that hammer.

If you read the "Terms Of Use", it doesn't say "By using this site, you understand that my350z.com takes responsibility for the customer services provided by all advertising vendors and is obligated to ensure your happiness with each and every transaction."

Again, I'm not taking the vendors side here. Crappy service is crappy service. Enough complaints in a public forum like this MIGHT make them change the way they do things. I am taking my350z.com's side because it's not fair to expect "protection from crappy service" just because a vendor pays to advertise on some internet site that you happen to have registered on.

In any case, I hope you're able to get things worked out with Dave. It's really frustrating stuff you all are dealing with.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:21 AM
mgk65

kcobean:

(BTW: I was at ZDayz. Congrats. Nice Z.)

The problem is that my350z.com appears to be biased toward the vendor due to the advertising revenue.

my350z.com should be about the Z community and helping the users and not necessarily the vendors. If there is a good vendor they will be rewarded by good feedback from the users. (i.e. Performance Nissan) Poor vendors should not be rewarded with removal of bad feedback. This reflects poorly on my350z.com.

For an example, did you ever read the debacle that cat went throught with this vendor? That thread is no longer visible. I wonder why.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:33 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mgk65
kcobean:

The problem is that my350z.com appears to be biased toward the vendor due to the advertising revenue.

my350z.com should be about the Z community and helping the users and not necessarily the vendors. If there is a good vendor they will be rewarded by good feedback from the users. (i.e. Performance Nissan) Poor vendors should not be rewarded with removal of bad feedback. This reflects poorly on my350z.com.

For an example, did you ever read the debacle that cat went throught with this vendor? That thread is no longer visible. I wonder why.
Well said, I remember that thread.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:58 AM
BigMike

kcobean:

I disagree. my350z.com has no responsibility what-so-ever about the quality of the vendors that advertise here. It is the responsibility of each member here to make smart decisions. Ever hear of Caveat Emptor - Let The Buyer Beware. If this vendor that everyone is having trouble with keeps up crappy service, they will not stay in business that long. They obviously haven't learned about setting a customer's expectations. But to even suggest my350z.com should take any responsibility is ridiculous. And unless anyone is a Premier Member, they should just be glad this site is available to them for free and shouldn't complain about anything. My $.02
Old 06-09-2005, 07:06 AM
BigMike

ok guys what should i do now? i haven't heard from dave and i dont even have tracking #.I asked so many times but dave never provide me tracking #. for 4 weeks.. wonder they really shipped my kits ??? Honestly I just want my money back.
If it were me, I'd send him back the wrong parts that were received. Use a service that makes someone sign for the package. Then call your credit card company and tell them you cannot contact the merchant and you want them to credit your account. It should be a pretty simple process. Then order the parts from a proven reputable dealer. But don't complain if their prices are higher than the current company you're dealing with because you get what you pay for.

As for everyone else, every time you order something from a reputable vendor, send an email to this guy Dave telling him you just ordered something from another vendor because you didn't want to take a chance on his crappy service.

I've been in the customer service industry for 20+ years. The best way to keep a customer happy is to communicate with them and set their expectations. If Dave contacted you and told you it would be another 4 weeks, all of his problems in this matter would be solved. It would also give you the option to go somewhere else to get your parts if he couldn't get it in time.

Good luck!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:49 AM
kcobean

kcobean:

Thanks for the compliment...Much appreciated. Look for the car in the fall issue of Sport Z Magazine!

As for Cat's thread regarding her problems with 350zforums.org, here it is....

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/88958-350zforums-dave-fvcked-up-my-car-and-constantly-lies-to-me-getting-a-lawyer.html

A simple search for Cat's screen name turned it up. That said, I'm not going to argue that the search function here is all that effective since a keyword search with a few key words from the thread revealed nothing, but the point is that it has NOT been removed by the staff of this site.

It's also hard to argue that my350z.com isn't about helping the Z community enjoy the car. It is by far the largest Z forum on the net, and it is free. The information base here is unequalleld. But if you're expecting the forum owners to police and/or back-up the service levels of it's vendors, you're asking for a conflict of interest.

The nearest parallel I can come up with is having a bad experience at a restaurant (the waiter was rude, your order was wrong and your food was cold). Take your complaint to your local cable company or broadcast station and complain to their marketing department. You're gonna get some strange looks when you demand that because you saw an ad for the restaurant on their station or service, they are somehow obligated to either do something about the poor service or drop the restaurant as a paying advertiser. I don't know which they would do first, laugh or call security.

See my point? The proper course of action is a thread just such as this. Look at the number of reads this thread has gotten. You don't think that might be putting a dent in 350zforums.org's sales? And to further prove that this site has no "hidden agenda" regarding its' advertisers, this thread is still here.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:38 AM
mgk65

Originally Posted by kcobean
As for Cat's thread regarding her problems with 350zforums.org, here it is....
I did finally find that thread based on your hints, but it took some work. I wish the search worked better (or at all).

I certainly wasn't trying to hold my350z.com at fault for the poor service of a vendor, but after I could not find that thread (and others), I couldn't help but think that there was some preference given to this vendor.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:14 AM
donhuh

Finally dave pick up the phone.. I asked him about my items nicely.. and he said he will call me back in 30min to find out what happen to my stuff. so he left message and saying that my stuff is still in warehouse and they couldn't ship the kits cause my side skirts was in back order.so they r shipping right now. OMG WTF.. so he was BS me for all the shipping things for 4weeks. so i try to call him back to cancel all my order and asking for refund my ****ing money. now his not picking up the ****ing phone again. this is **** up..i had enoguh BS excuse & lying from this vendor ... what shoud i do ??

Last edited by donhuh; 06-09-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

Default bad service!

Why is everyone always making excuses for dave?

Bad communication === bad service.
Bad service === unhappy customers.

Exactly... Customer Service should be the #1 priority. I've never bought anything from them but this is how it should work in most cases...

Vendor: "Mr. Shipper, what's the tracking # on your packing slip?"

Shipper: "Hi Mr. Vendor, the tracking # is 12345678ABC."

Vendor: "Thank you, Mr. Shipper! Now I can call my customer!"

Vendor: "Hi, Mr.Customer! Here is the tracking 12345678ABC. It's probably going to take a few weeks to get to you because we still have to clear customs, etc. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your business, Mr. Customer!"

Good luck! Hope everything works out!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:29 AM
mgk65

Finally dave pick up the phone.. I asked him about my items nicely.. and he said he will call me back in 30min to find out what happen to my stuff. so he left message and saying that my stuff is still in warehouse and they couldn't ship the kits cause my side skirts was in back order.so they r shipping right now. OMG WTF.. so he was BS me for all the shipping things for 4weeks. so i try to call him back to cancel all my order and asking for refund my ****ing money. now his not picking up the ****ing phone again. this is **** up..i had enoguh BS excuse & lying from this vendor ... what shoud i do ??
Email and phone 350zforums.org notifying them of cancellation of your order and the reason.

Call your credit card company and tell them the situation, that you have not received your merchandise and cannot contact the vendor. Contact paypal with the same info.

A golden rule, I use is to NEVER EVER make a big purchase with Paypal.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:01 AM
donhuh

Email and phone 350zforums.org notifying them of cancellation of your order and the reason.

Call your credit card company and tell them the situation, that you have not received your merchandise and cannot contact the vendor. Contact paypal with the same info.

A golden rule, I use is to NEVER EVER make a big purchase with Paypal.
the things is paypal directly took money from my bank account.. so i am screw??
Old 06-12-2005, 07:33 AM
mgk65

the things is paypal directly took money from my bank account.. so i am screw??
Try to resolve the situation with 350zforums first with a refund, if that is not successful, then contact paypal with the info.

With paypal you have 45 days after date of payment.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/faqs.shtml

http://www.paypalsucks.com/help.shtml

Good luck.

Last edited by mgk65; 06-12-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:06 PM
donhuh

ok finally i got tracking # from dave (after asking for 4weeks.) ****ing tracking number does not match.... this is tracking # 7761463 by via pilot. I check via pilot website and i even call them to verify my tracking #.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:00 PM
kcobean

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
Old 06-18-2005, 05:57 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update?

Quick Reply: Help Having problem with VENDOR