Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ga tint laws are stupid!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 PM
vtec923

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaitain
Isn't Cobb County the speed trap capital of the universe? That and the little town in Florida, Waldo I think it is.
Cobb isnt as bad as Doraville police they are hardcore. I know cause I have to pass Doraville on a daily basis.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:47 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

In the city of Marietta (Cobb County, GA) the local cops were targeting drivers on I-75 which is a Major North / South interstate and using it to generate ticket revenue. It was not unusual to see 20+ cop cars working a very small area of this 10 lane interstate highway.

They abused it so bad, that the STATE legislature passed a law to prevent LOCAL cops from doing this........So now they need to make up for it.... and do do by ticketing more mortorists on their city streets.

The Marietta cops WILL use this law to gernerate revenue.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:12 AM
donricouga

Tint laws can also apply to HOV lane enforcement, especially here in ATlanta I-85. You can't see how many people are in the car.
I drive down I-85 every day(carpool) and just love the fact that there are cops around the bends on the HOV lane waiting there to bust those single drivers ***. HAHA, i love it when i see a guy in front of us comes around the bend and see his car freak out swerving then cut someone off just to get out of the HOV lane because a cop was there. MOst of the time they get busted anyway LOL.
I also heard that someone got fined like $500 for going on the HOV lane with a dummy as a passenger!!!!!
People, just stay out of that lane if you are driving by yourself. Or, join our carpool !
Old 06-10-2005, 04:42 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by donricouga
Tint laws can also apply to HOV lane enforcement, especially here in ATlanta I-85. You can't see how many people are in the car.
I drive down I-85 every day(carpool) and just love the fact that there are cops around the bends on the HOV lane waiting there to bust those single drivers ***. HAHA, i love it when i see a guy in front of us comes around the bend and see his car freak out swerving then cut someone off just to get out of the HOV lane because a cop was there. MOst of the time they get busted anyway LOL.
I also heard that someone got fined like $500 for going on the HOV lane with a dummy as a passenger!!!!!
People, just stay out of that lane if you are driving by yourself. Or, join our carpool !
This problem is a direct result of drivers who drive slow in the left-most or passing lane (non-HOV). Other drivers get fustrated and enter the HOV lane to pass these LANE HOGS.

I was taught in High School driving school (not in Georgia cause they don't require training) that you stay right except to pass. Native Georgians do not know this rule. You will find people in the fast lane driving slow.
Attached Thumbnails Ga tint laws are stupid!-cartooncautionturn0713.jpg  
Old 06-10-2005, 05:03 AM
donricouga

Originally Posted by jcn30127
This problem is a direct result of drivers who drive slow in the left-most or passing lane (non-HOV). Other drivers get fustrated and enter the HOV lane to pass these LANE HOGS.

I was taught in High School driving school (not in Georgia cause they don't require training) that you stay right except to pass. Native Georgians do not know this rule. You will find people in the fast lane driving slow.
I agree Georgia drivers suck big time. I am not from here in case you are wondering, just live here. Anyhow,the part I don't understand is I see the cars on the 2 right lanes move almost as fast as the HOV. While the people on the passing lane(the left lanes) are completely stopped. Makes no sense to me. This leads to people cutting into the HOV lane where the rest of us are going maybe 50 -70 mph. Hmmm, could this be the cause of several of the accidents in the HOV lane we've seen many times ??? Nobody obeys the double solid line rule on the HOV lane.

I am still waiting on the day that the Georgia driving test will be hard enough so that at least a chimp won't be able to pass.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:55 AM
pgh2atl

Ok, let me pose this scenario....

I am looking to darken my red tailights on my SB Z. Will this be illegal to do in GA? I would figure as look as they aren't ridiculously dark to the point where you can't see them light up when on or when I stop, that this would be legal. Anyone have any insight, experience, or idea if this would be illegal????