Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Exterior Noise Problem

Old 06-05-2005, 09:10 PM
SEK Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Noise Problem

Hope this is the correct forum as I could not find a general forum that was not for the Roadster.

I had a 300ZX for 14 years and never had a problem with exterior road noise mostly when driving on the highway. The noise is so loud on my 2003 350Z that I have to turn up the stereo VERY loud so I block out most of the road noise.

Is this normal on the 2003 Z (not a Roadster of course). I asked 2 different Nissan dealers and they said it is "normal" with a sports car, but I did not have this problem with my 300ZX.

Anyone else think the exterior highway/road noise is a problem?
Old 06-05-2005, 09:30 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a "search" for topics as "feathering"..also check you tires on the inside of the tread to see if you have any abnormal wear..Might be a good starting point to track down your noise problem..
If your tires are wearing abnormally on the inside of the tire, then you have a problem with feathering in which this forum is swamped with threads. The only correct solution for me is to get new control arms for the front, and rear camber arms for the back or some people like the spc bolt (i think that is right). Im also going with a new set of shocks/springs, and some go with the coilover set up. there are several different brands out there for the camber arms/control arms (i.e.kinetix racing, cusco, 350evo) just to name a few. Im by no means an expert, but there are alot of people on this board who can give you more information than myself, however if you do a search for this items, im sure you will find out more than you probably want to..lol..but the road noise is normal on an 03 if it is due to the tire wear problem..but there are fixes if you want to spend the money..hope this helps and good luck to you.