Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ok.... Bose owners... we need to organize and get this issue solved!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 06:42 PM
N74DV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok.... Bose owners... we need to organize and get this issue solved!

I've had the amp replaced as per TSB. Now I have almost non-existant bass. Not only is there no bass.... no matter what the bass adjustment is set to it sounds the same. Even at +5 there is no more bass than at 0.

This is ridiculous.... I know Bose isn't better than a $2,000 aftermarket system, but damn! it should sound pretty good.

I sat in a 2003 Jeep today and cranked the ssytem. It sounded tons better than my Bose.

The Bose sounds like everything is coming through a tin can covered by birds nests. It's pathetic.

The Bose is one of the reasons I opted for the Touring.... what a waste.

There are no highs whatsoever only muddy mids.

All those who have the Bose need to organize and call NNA (1.800.nissan.1) and let them have our honest opinions on this issue. For if we don't we won;t get it fixed and all those who follow will have the suckiest systems around.

It's emabarrasing to have a new passenger be totally impressed with the car until it comes time to turn up some tunes... I feel like a moron when I let them hear it.

I'm calling NNA tommorow. Who's with me?
Old 12-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Zay

Great point! But, it's important that not just Bose owners but, those that have had the "Bose fix" installed stand up and make some noise so, that Nissan will re-examine the current solution.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:08 PM
Miami350Z

Default Bose is laughable

After having had my Bose amp replaced under the TSB, I still get the rising bass, albeit in a very minor way. It seems like they just turned down the freaking gain on that subwoofer amp.

So, I got fed up and replaced the amps and speakers with top line stuff from Boston Acoustics and JL Audio. Guess what? The speakers are so good that they reveal all of the limitations of the head unit! The bass & treble controls barely "control" anything. This criticism is best leveled at Clarion, I'm afraid.

Now I am here patiently waiting for my %$**# Metra 99-7402 kit to come in (order at local Circuit City) so I can go get an Alpine CDA-7998 installed. Hmmm... My $36,993 car just jumped to $40k...

All of this could have been avoided if the Bose system could have AT LEAST sounded as good as the system in a Lexus IS300 or even a Ford Mustang (Mach 460). This is truly the only part of the car that is intolerable.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:13 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the stereo doesnt work after the new amp, I intend to call california and they will either buy the stereo back, or the car.

now of course I wont let the latter happen, but they dont know that. I figure the stereo is worth a grand, so I want the refund. hopefully theyll go for it. if not, what can I do. Im not gonna swap cars over a shitty stereo.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:28 PM
golfman

I can't believe the Bose would allow their system to sound this bad. They had to be involved in the design of this installation of this junk. Man, what a disappointment.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:35 PM
jelledge

Default I agree the new amp bites!

I just had my Bose amp replaced last week. The bass is gone now and it sounds very flat. Man what freaking joke.

Before the amp replacement I thought the systems sounded pretty good except for the bass being boomy on occasion. Now it just sounds flat with little or no bass response.

I am putting in my complaint to NNA but I am not holding my breath. Guess it is time to go aftermarket on the amps.