Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

THe Z is DEad

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Alang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't start worrying about them giving you crap unitl it actually happens. Your mech sounds reasonable, and you did discuss your mods with him ahead of time.

As far as putting a new motor in, numbers not matching will have an impact on the value of the car in about 30 years when people are looking for stock vehicles to restore. For now it won't matter a bit.

If you are planning a FI, just get a built bottom end, and put it all back together. You'll have more peace of mind with a stronger motor, and you'll get to keep your car!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:15 AM
350zbiturbo

no never misshifted, or downshifted and had it passed the redline, i admit i drive my car hard but i mean i also do more cruise driving as my commute to work is bout 100 miles a day monday through friday, im just bummed i dont know my mechanic since i just droppped it off is gonna take a look at it today for me, i showed him the pic of the crack in the block i took from under the car on my camera and he said basically new motor for sure, so now got too see if its under warranty, he said that the nissan rep is a good guy and he friends with him so hes going to try his best for me, im def gonna give him some extra money if hes gets this warrantied, let me see if i can get a pic up for you guys, by the way thanx everyone for the good luck i mean i never thought everyone would like care so much, some of you might know me ill post a pic up of my car and the crack on the block
Old 06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
350zbiturbo

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] heres a pic of my car and then the cracks right next to the oil pan on the drivers side
Old 06-07-2005, 08:38 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch....Well you have a beautiful car man. I REALLY hope they cover this under Warranty for you. If not, you really should build the bottom-end and keep her. The loss you'll take trading in a dead car would more than pay for a built motor, and the Turbonetics kit is supposed to be a real thriller, so I think you should pursue your original plans. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and keep us all posted. Sorry this happened to your baby.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:39 AM
elms350Z

Im sorry bro. I hope things work out for you.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope that it is nothing major
Old 06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
BigMike

Good luck! This might be a good excuse to build a forged internal twin turbo if you can't work out a deal with the dealership.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:52 AM
BigMike

Who installed the new flywheel? Any chance something wasn't torqued properly when the mated the tranny back up to the block? I know its a stretch but something to consider.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:54 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I hope that it is nothing major

Yeah...with pictures like that, it could be something small.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

damn that sucks that the block cracked and you're still n/a. i wonder if that has happened to anyone else. hopefully the dealership wont try and blame it on the mods and they'll cover it under warranty.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:25 AM
350zbiturbo

the flywheel was installed by the dealer its at now, but it wasnt the mechanic that i knjow it was some other guy b/c my normal mechanic couldnt do the work that day, i dont know well have to see what happens, but now that you guys have pics you can see im not much of a person to know bout a motor itself but i know for a fact its the block thats cracked and probs the rod and piston went when that happened
Old 06-07-2005, 10:55 AM
nicolaycastro

well sounds like the dealer you are going to is a mod friendly dealer, may be you wont have a problem... anyways isn't the engine covered in the limited powertrain warranty up to 60000 miles?

What dealer do you go to?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
350zbiturbo

maroone nissan on 8th st and 33rd, theirs a really good z mechanic there that i have never had a problem with, but i guess its the car b/c my brother has a titan and he never gets the attention i get, hes been waiting for parts for like 3 months lol but my car is their the mechanic told me to call him around 630, he gave me his cell so lets see if he picks up and gives me some 411 on what happened
Old 06-07-2005, 01:38 PM
nicolaycastro

keep us updated.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
JRinTXrog

You said your oil pressure dropped then heard some noise. Sounds like to me you lost your oil pump. That should be covered under the powertrain warranty.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:41 PM
350zbiturbo

i def think it was something with the oil pump to be honest making the motor have oil starvation and thats what made it go, i saw that a few people had a problem similar but caught it with more time but i might have read that wrong somewhere anybody have problems with their oil pumps failing or something similar??
Old 06-09-2005, 07:18 AM
350zbiturbo

well guys i just recieved a voice mail that the car is not under warranty and it is a blown motor, i have not been told why it is not or what not but tomm morning I will be heading there with my older brother to see why not, to be honest that wasnt the message i wanted to wake up too so im a little angry but i am controlling myself right now as getting angry will do no good im 20 years old and i paid for a car, and if broke, and i wasnt abusing it, i dont have the money to be buying a new motor so im guessing now the fighting will begin and i will most likely have to bring in my lawyer which I really do not want to do b/c i have a good relationship with my mechanic there but i know that will all change after this if i have to bring in my lawyer, you guys be honest is their anyway that you know of that they would be able to void my warranty, excluding my aftermarket mods b/c mods since their only bolt ons cannot void a warranty unless proven the problem and i know they were not the problem as i am n/a and dont have enough mods to have this problem, everyone churn in now and tell me what i should do, the law is the law and i dont think its right i spend 30k on a car and they deny on the biggest part of the car, why even sell the car with a warranty then.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:26 AM
nicolaycastro

Damn that sucks, but as you said they have to prove that the mod you made caused the problem. What is weird is that this happened to you, while many Turboed Z's havent had a problem like this. I would try and go first, try to figure something out with the dealer or may be better contact Nissan... If nothing is resolved then try and do something with your lawyer... But again isnt the engine cover untill 60000 miles?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:41 AM
350zbiturbo

theyre saying nissan voided my warranty b/c of my mods to my car, what do you guys think i should do?? isnt it known that the parts need to be proven that it is broken??
Old 06-09-2005, 07:50 AM
ken350z

Excellent reason to keep all of the stock parts.

Quick Reply: THe Z is DEad