Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

19x9.5 wheels with 22 offset will it rub if lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005 | 05:35 PM
jeffie7

Default 19x9.5 wheels with 22 offset will it rub if lowered?

I have 19x9.5R and 19x8.5F wheels on my car with I believe a .22 offset.
Im starting to see some tire were on the insides of my tires so Im thinking.... feathering.... =(

So my options are.

A. get an alinement or..
B. get Eibach springs then alinement.

Question is, will the tires rub the fenders?

it looks VERY close as is.

I'm worried about the outside part of the tire rubbing the fender lip.

I'm guess I would have to roll the fenders...

I don't mind the stock height on the car due to going over too many speed bumps but I've heard that using the Eibach springs in some cases has heped with feathering.
Old 06-10-2005 | 05:50 PM
ssc

no rubbing issues at all with 9.5+22....you can probably do a very agreesive drop and not worry about rubbing
Old 06-10-2005 | 07:01 PM
islandsnow

get both, but get the front toe-in set correctly, that is probably your main problem.
Old 06-10-2005 | 09:10 PM
MADDOG`

If you think you are feathering a bit, you might consider installing a camber/toe kit, front and rear. It's spendy (about $2K installed) but you only have to do it once. Then you can fine tune your alignment and those tires will last a lot longer. Since high performance tires are pretty expensive, this kit will pay for itself quickly.

ps: you can also lower it without any real problems from what I see in the pic. You are right, you may want to roll the inner fender a bit. Are those tires and wheels taller than stock wheels and tires?

oh yeah...nice car by the way!
Old 06-10-2005 | 10:25 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MADDOG`
If you think you are feathering a bit, you might consider installing a camber/toe kit, front and rear. It's spendy (about $2K installed) but you only have to do it once. Then you can fine tune your alignment and those tires will last a lot longer. Since high performance tires are pretty expensive, this kit will pay for itself quickly.

ps: you can also lower it without any real problems from what I see in the pic. You are right, you may want to roll the inner fender a bit. Are those tires and wheels taller than stock wheels and tires?

oh yeah...nice car by the way!
Camber/toe for the rear and control arms for the front isnt that expensive. I just bought a Cusco control arm for the front for $395 shipped and im getting ready to buy the SPC camber arm/toe bolt from Z1 performance for about $285..So to me thats right at $700 plus install which after a 4 wheel alignment shouldnt pass maybe $1100 at the most. You can add the springs to lower it for another $250 and not have $1300-$1400 and be set up..Good luck and let us know..by the way..good lucking ride..what size tire and what type of wheel are you running??
Old 06-10-2005 | 11:11 PM
jeffie7

Axis Hiro and I'm not sure about the tire size. I always forget it.

I'm not looking to spend 1000+ to get a simple tire wear problem fixed. I'd sell the car before doing that. and that's coming from someone who spends cash on cars like no tomorrow but IMO a mod to make the car do something it should do from the start isnt worth it IMO I'd rather sell it.

Im just trying to figure out if I should just do an alinement or if I should do springs and then an alinement.

HMmmmmm