Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Saying Goodbye, Z ya

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Old Skooler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an incredibly horrible thing to have happen. I'm sorry to hear you got screwed so bad like that. Good luck finding a car you like. I would think by now you could probably find a Z at MSRP somewhere in a dealership with no mark-up, it'd prolly just take a little bit of internet surfing.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:52 PM
nosuchsol

Truly a bad course of action by Ramsey Nissan and Nissan HQ... it was a pull factor there. Good luck with your next car... I say you get an Aston Martin Zagota... very nice.. handmade!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:54 PM
ksj

They took your money and didn't even order the car? Then strung you along with false delivery dates? Call your local DA and file fraud chages against them...
Old 12-03-2002, 09:10 PM
ksj

I don't think the issue is the money, although DA's usually like to go for things involving more $$.

They took money, presumably $1000+, and signed a contract for the car. If they just didn't deliver you wouldn't have much. If they've been giving you dates yet knew they had not ordered the car, that's fraud.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Duck

You know Im starting to see a patern why Nissan was/is failing they seem to have very little control of their dealerships. There are so many horror storys coming in from everywhere, they are launching a car trying to revitalize a company and their outlets are putting a choke hold on their profits. If this keeps up I forsee the Z going bye bye again, if not the whole company. They really need to get involved more with "their" franchise. Making a great product is a small peice of the puzzle, getting it in the hands of the people is the biggest.

"Stickers Dont Make You Quicker"
Old 12-03-2002, 09:33 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Dealers in San diego county need help

The nissan delaers in San diego county have lost almost all of their master techs (skilled mechanics) simply because they will not pay a sufficient wage to skillled labor and opt to hire low skilled labor instead. Most master techs have opened their own repair shops now. Oddly, nissan dealers now call small shops to get advise on how to repair their own cars because that is where their former master techs now work. Fortunately for me, my brother is one of those former master techs thus i do not have to worry about unskilled mechanics working on my car. This is another area Nissan needs to work on...insisting their dealers have skilled mechanics.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:36 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by Duck
You know Im starting to see a patern why Nissan was/is failing they seem to have very little control of their dealerships. There are so many horror storys coming in from everywhere, they are launching a car trying to revitalize a company and their outlets are putting a choke hold on their profits. If this keeps up I forsee the Z going bye bye again, if not the whole company. They really need to get involved more with "their" franchise. Making a great product is a small peice of the puzzle, getting it in the hands of the people is the biggest.
I have to say that I haven't heard that many horror stories about Nissan. I hear many more about them bending over backwards to provide quality help to their customers.. even to the point of superceding the dealerships. The sell 700,000 or so cars a year. It sucks to hear the bad stories, but in the scope of things Nissan is on track to be better than they've ever been(thanks to Altima, Z, and G35Sedan - among every other car they're pushing). The Z of today is different than the Z32 of the 90s and not b/c of crappy dealers.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:53 PM
ZON

Goodbye
Old 12-03-2002, 11:05 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

It's not Nissan's fault. It's the dealer's. And it was fraud. The fact that Nissan isn't helping a customer like you who ordered so early doesn't speak well for them, though.

I know hindsight is 20/20, and I probably sound like an *** for saying it, but you have to do research to find the best dealer in your area. I spent two weeks on it, calling and emailing all the dealers I could to get their lines, and by finding Corona Nissan, it cut 1-2 months off my wait.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:51 AM
grogsnorf

I had a real bad time with bergenfield nissan......nj....same thing .went to eastcoast in englewood cliffs.nj.they got my deposit back and hooked me up...msrp......where others were charging more........call val over there........i saw a nice redline track loaded and a silverstone touring loaded.msrp price..just sitting there.he will deliver anywhere in the usa.....i think the have a super black also...........i almost traded back for the redline....very hot.............i am glad i didnt give up.it was along fight..got the regional mgr involved............u can get you deposit back..........how much did u put down

east coast 201-567-9000.they are good!
Old 12-04-2002, 03:58 AM
Gendo Ikari

Seriously though, what do you think NNA could do about it? I am sure if they could magically make your Z appear out of thin air they might, but they can't. It is all the dealer's fault for giving you the run around. Now you know not to deal with them...and having shared your experience with them on this board, thousands of people also know not to deal with them as well. Better luck next time.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:16 AM
Electro Z

Default I think all the blame should be on the dealership...

I has similar problems.. my Z was supposed to be the first in .. I had my vin the 1st of Aug.. I had a delivery date of the 20th.. My Z went missing for almost a month.

NNA went nuts looking for it.. My dealership and General Manager called everyone in the book to find it..

They did.. and why it was delayed... and got it on the train fronm the port and from the train rail head to the dealership.

Then NNA gave me bunches of moola cause I was put out.

Dont blame Nissan too much , thought they could have done better. Please dontleave.. Call Melloy Nissan in Albuqerque and talk to Alex Bahls and he will get you a Z at MSRP... I know he has a few on the floor.. or due in.

EZ
Old 12-04-2002, 05:36 AM
stevieGdog

Doncorleone, and to anyone else in the NJ/MD/VA area, I have access to a few 350Z's and they are being sold at MSRP. I work at a very reputable dealership in Silver Spring MD, so if you are interested, let me know and I will do everything I can to help you. I am very sorry to hear about your experience, and hope that you will not give up on getting a Z based on one dealership.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:13 AM
qirex

Default Re: Dealers in San diego county need help

Originally posted by zland
The nissan delaers in San diego county have lost almost all of their master techs (skilled mechanics) simply because they will not pay a sufficient wage to skillled labor and opt to hire low skilled labor instead. Most master techs have opened their own repair shops now. Oddly, nissan dealers now call small shops to get advise on how to repair their own cars because that is where their former master techs now work. Fortunately for me, my brother is one of those former master techs thus i do not have to worry about unskilled mechanics working on my car. This is another area Nissan needs to work on...insisting their dealers have skilled mechanics.
I'm moving to SD in the spring...

gimme some names so i can keep my baby running great

thx
Old 12-04-2002, 08:21 AM
k2we

Sorry to hear of your problems.. One lasting thing you can do is file a complaint with the Better Business bureau.. And while your doing this, ask for a copy of there record.. This will hurt them more than anything else.. Almost everyonr I know who has bought a car checked the dealership out with the BBB BEFORE buying.. They had a list of the dealers with complaints.. They stayed away from them and only delt with the dealers with good records and not one has been stung..

Good Luck on your choice but don't rule out a "Z" because of one shitty dealer..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY

And.. file your complaint with the local DA.. the dealer committed fraud.. Nail him to the wall for damages..
Old 12-04-2002, 08:24 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I'm so sorry that the jerk off dealer ruined your plans for a Z. Well, maybe one day you'll have the urge to buy one again. Good luck finding a new car and I hope that you'll still look fondly upon the car itself.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:44 AM
abz123

If you still are in the market for a Z, I would look in the inventory on the Nissanusa website. Call around to some of the other dealers in your area and see if the have any Z's, or if they can get any Z's to meet your specs from another dealer in another part of the country.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye, Z ya