2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

nissan not so friendly/trashy show rooms

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005 | 07:21 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son
Premier Member

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
If you want a nice showroom and waiting area with comfortable couches but want to be treated like you're an infection check out Capitol Nissan in San Jose. They have just remodeled.

If you want to talk to sales people and managers who have no idea about the cars they are selling, the people who are buying them, what might be compared to them or anything else but their commission, go to Capitol Nissan in San Jose.

If you want to wait in line to pay the cashier for twenty minutes while three cashiers service one person, go to Capitol Nissan in San Jose.

If you want to stand at the parts counter for fifteen minutes while some guy behind the counter talks to his girlfriend on the phone, go to Capitol Nissan in San Jose.

If you want to wait thirty minutes to pick up your car after you have paid because no one can find the service writer with your keys, go to Capitol Nissan in San Jose.

If you want to get a letter from Nissan USA saying they are concerned and thankful for the feedback but really don't care, you could write a letter about Capitol Nissan in San Jose.

Chris
What are you telling us? that you do not like Capital Nissan in San Jose??
Old 06-15-2005 | 02:46 PM
bixby

Originally Posted by MyIS300
I got a 2005 350z roadster enth for 32,700 thats the invoice price i got, how did I fair?
Which dealership? Since that was the concern in the title of your thread. Or was this whole thing about bragging of your discounted pricing?
Old 06-15-2005 | 06:12 PM
FLZ_Boy

It's night and day difference between a Lexus and a Nissan Dealership. However, you pay an arm and a leg for the service.

Lexus: ~ 120 for "service"
Nissan: ~ 25-50 for "service"
Old 06-15-2005 | 08:12 PM
marhot

Well, as the old saying goes “you get what you pay for”. To repeat other post, Nissan isn’t a luxury brand. But what other manufacturer has a sports car you can get for the price of a Z?

I spent a total of about an hour in my dealership, including the sale, test drive, and delivery. The actually building was okay; I didn’t plan on spending the night there. And I got a free Coke!!

Just remember that nothing is free. You pay for everything, one way or another.
Old 06-15-2005 | 08:21 PM
CelticPride2

Originally Posted by roaho5
I bought my Track Edition and the people at Nissan SUCK! I told the manager i would never return to there place ever again and no one seemed to care. Horrible salespeople and very rude
Which Nissan dealer was it? In New Hanmpshire or somewhere else in New England? just curious.
Old 06-15-2005 | 09:23 PM
MyIS300

It was the dealership on broadway in oakland/berkeley and the one in san leandro (all in CA)
Old 06-15-2005 | 10:22 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired
Premier Member

I got my Z at Santa Monica Nissan ... it is "teh ghetto."

I don't see the big deal whether a dealership is nice or not. If they're wasting a lot of money on amenities then I feel like I'm paying for those amenities as a customer.
Old 06-16-2005 | 05:24 AM
MA4

Nissan hasn't been an industry leader until recently
Old 06-16-2005 | 07:50 AM
ProfessorKan

If you want to see a flea market, go to GLENDALE NISSAN. Trashy, dirty, and they have lunch benches as seats. What a great dealer experience that was.

The all time filthest dealer award goes too...... GLENDALE NISSAN !

They SUCK!
Old 06-17-2005 | 12:29 AM
AdrenalineFX51

Hmm, guess I got lucky and found a good place. Fred Schuler Nissan in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The people were very very nice to me. The test drive was quite fun, we got on a highway on-ramp and the guy kept yelling give it more power, this car can do a lot more! And boy was he right, I floored it and we were gone. Very cool and down to Earth guy. The dealer wasn't an A+ but it wasn't a dump either. Wilkes-Barre isn't exactly known for its luxury, too much drugs around here for nice companies to want to even attempt business here.
Old 06-17-2005 | 12:44 AM
SCDOO 2

The dealer I go to for service is very clean. But they could not produce my 2nd Z so I went to a dealer at home and it was the nastiest place. Trash cans overflowing, nothing organized or neat where I could see. Really does not matter since they got what I wanted and I don't have to go back.
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:05 PM
cyprex

The fleet manager at Freemont Nissan was rude as hell, I asked if any used automatics are on the lot and he goes "Is this for your gf?? Dude its a sports car you need to get the Manual"

*Edit* Dammit sorry, I seem to have bumped an old *** post.

Last edited by cyprex; 04-28-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:09 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by cyprex
The fleet manager at Freemont Nissan was rude as hell, I asked if any used automatics are on the lot and he goes "Is this for your gf?? Dude its a sports car you need to get the Manual"

*Edit* Dammit sorry, I seem to have bumped an old *** post.
lol you sure did... don't take it personally he probably didn't have any autos and just wanted you to buy one of the manuals he had in stock.
Old 04-28-2006 | 04:32 PM
Montez

Just enjoy your car and hope that you don't have to spend much time at the dealership!
Old 04-28-2006 | 05:49 PM
medic165

Thumbs up

i got mine at Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL. good service, excellent salesman, good customer service and "ok" finance manager, overall, i had good experience with them, and they just remodel their dealership, and it shows that 350z is their top of the line nissan.
Old 04-28-2006 | 05:52 PM
medic165

Originally Posted by medic165
i got mine at Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL. good service, excellent salesman, good customer service and "ok" finance manager, overall, i had good experience with them, and they just remodel their dealership, and it shows that 350z is their top of the line nissan.
Last year i went back to them to buy a new Altima, needless to say Great service, same salesman.
Old 04-28-2006 | 07:37 PM
tclchicago1

yeah i know exactly what you mean.
Old 04-28-2006 | 10:31 PM
ZXERT

The Nissan in Elk Grove, CA was nice. Free soda and cofee, leather seats and a plasma screen.

But they are stupid for asking 28,000 for an 03 Touring with 20,000 on it.

How can you lie to someone so bad and still keep a straight face? Assbags.
Old 04-28-2006 | 11:59 PM
cwerdna

Originally Posted by cyprex
Wow! That's terrible. I've never had any dealer treat me like that before.
Old 05-02-2006 | 11:08 AM
Joe2

i have encountered a few douchebag salesman at various nissan dealerships.

the one that sold me my Z was cool and the other guys there were very down to earth.

at the last dealership i got my oil changed at most recently, the girl helping me had never helped anyone who brought in their own oil before. after admitting this to me she said that she didn't know how much that costs so she just put down a random cost and was going to charge me that amount. i then politely asked her if she could take a minute and find out how much to charge me and it ended up being 30% cheaper. what an idiot.

Quick Reply: nissan not so friendly/trashy show rooms