Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

danm cops...dissapointing story

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 09:43 PM
StillAlive2029

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question danm cops...dissapointing story

So I am 20, had a few tickets, one in this car, so im not perfect, but I admit to doing over the speed limit and stuff and I have paid my dues and everything. Anyways I go through a stop light, i watch it turn green as i approach, and about ten seconds later as i am driving down the 45 mph street at 50, simultaneously out of my rearview mirror I see a cop with his lights on, so instantly i look for somewhere to pull over...but then a yellow car..i think mustang but i didnt really notice, flys past me...ok a few things happen all at once...i see lights, i start to turn into the neighborhood to my right...yellow car flys past me...i realize the cop is after him, so i just keep driving through the neighborhood to go turn around and keep heading on my way...cop turns onto the street i am on and pulls behind me...so i pull into the next side street, officer comes up and says he got for for 61 in 45 as i was trying to go through the stop light before it turned red on me, and also attempting to elude an officer and driving without headlights...this is where i give the the whole story in a few words about the yellow car and flew past me yadda yadda..i dont need your bullsh*t I saw you and i dont wanna hear your crap...give him my lisence and proof of insurance and take the damn tickets after a few mroe words after he returns and i tell him again it wasnt me and i will fight it...ok so i got two tikets...61 in 45...and eluding officer without headlights... WHAT DO I DO? this wasnt me and i can not have this one on my record...i dont know how they will beleive me though with my history... any help or info would be great...should i call an atourney or someone... i am just frustrated with the whole things and i need to take car of it... thanks in advance

p.s. i want to say that i have been a member of this site for a while, i dont post much, but i read everything and i enjoy it a lot...thanks for all the helpful information
Old 06-14-2005, 10:27 PM
VQ35DEV6

Rule #1: Don't talk back to an officer.

If your cool about it, they let you off sometimes, but you have put yourself in a tough spot. Any witnesses? you need hard evidence to win, or its just your word against his. Hope things work out for you bro, good luck. Sorry I can't be of much help to you. I guess learn from your mistakes and keep your head up because life goes on.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:07 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

so long story short, you are being accused of something that this "mysterious" yellow car did?? Did he not see the "yellow" car fly by you when he was trying to proceed with a traffic stop? I dont know..these stories like this always throws me into alert b.s. mode because people always claim they are not at fault. Id have to agree with VQ35DEV6 about witness'. Also what time of day was this? Was it at night or day. If it was at day why would he give you the "eluding w/o lights" ticket..thats strange. Also you admitted speeding already at that time..could it have been you were really doing 16mph faster than what you thought..instead of doing 50/45 you really were doing 61/45..Have you changed your wheels or tires, something that might have altered your speedometer. Have you had your speedometer calibrated to see if it was off? Or had you already used this tactic?..ok get a lawyer. he may not be able to prove your innocence but with enough money Im sure he can get you reduced. Good Luck.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:22 PM
VeilsideZ33

very similar thing happen to me... went to court, officer said he didn't see any other cars on the road - apperantly their word is more credible than mine because he's a cop. don't know how corruption can be stopped if all he has to say is "umm no"...
told me i was going 100 km/h in a 50km/h - it was completely bogus b/c i was in the right lane while he was sitting with his radar on the opposite side of the road and clocked another car driving in the left lane (so he was 4 lanes away from me) - they'll do anything to meet their montly quota

but on the side note, if you have aftermarket wheels, your speedometer can be off by a bit...
Old 06-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Mr_Q

Get a lawyer.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:50 AM
lane myers

Originally Posted by StillAlive2029
i see lights, i start to turn into the neighborhood to my right...yellow car flys past me...i realize the cop is after him, so i just keep driving through the neighborhood to go turn around and keep heading on my way...cop turns onto the street i am on and pulls behind me...so i pull into the next side street,
this is the part of your story that i think you will trouble with. i'm confused, when you say that you realize the cop is after him, that leads us to believe that you saw the cop start to chase the yellow car and not you - but if thats the case i dont understand why you would continue to drive around through the neighborhood, you could have just used someone's driveway to turn around - you dont have to drive through a neighborhood in order to find a place to turn. i'm just saying, it does sound like you were trying to "lose" the cop to me. if you had just pulled over on the first side street you saw and then thought/saw the cop wasnt chasing you and you immediately turned around to get back on the main road you were on, i'd think your story would be a little more defendable - but the choice to drive through the neighborhood (honest or not) i think will only strengthen the cops story.

how much the ticket for?

good luck with this.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:00 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A Cops Word is ALWAYS taken over a citizen in court. He is an officer of the law and as such is Not-Corrupt according to the law.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:42 AM
VeeTec

Some of the comments on topics like this are hilarious.

Yes, you should get a lawyer.

My opinion from your story, you are lying. I am guessing it will be the courts opinion too.

One more thing, what does this have to do with 350Z's. We do have an O/T forum.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:58 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If they didn't cuff you on the spot, you might be able to get a judge to lower the charges a bit.. Hopefully you will not use up all of your D/L points and get to keep your licsense..
Old 06-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Joeys_z

Originally Posted by StillAlive2029
So I am 20, had a few tickets, one in this car, so im not perfect, but I admit to doing over the speed limit and stuff and I have paid my dues and everything. Anyways I go through a stop light, i watch it turn green as i approach, and about ten seconds later as i am driving down the 45 mph street at 50, simultaneously out of my rearview mirror I see a cop with his lights on, so instantly i look for somewhere to pull over...but then a yellow car..i think mustang but i didnt really notice, flys past me...ok a few things happen all at once...i see lights, i start to turn into the neighborhood to my right...yellow car flys past me...i realize the cop is after him, so i just keep driving through the neighborhood to go turn around and keep heading on my way...cop turns onto the street i am on and pulls behind me...so i pull into the next side street, officer comes up and says he got for for 61 in 45 as i was trying to go through the stop light before it turned red on me, and also attempting to elude an officer and driving without headlights...this is where i give the the whole story in a few words about the yellow car and flew past me yadda yadda..i dont need your bullsh*t I saw you and i dont wanna hear your crap...give him my lisence and proof of insurance and take the damn tickets after a few mroe words after he returns and i tell him again it wasnt me and i will fight it...ok so i got two tikets...61 in 45...and eluding officer without headlights... WHAT DO I DO? this wasnt me and i can not have this one on my record...i dont know how they will beleive me though with my history... any help or info would be great...should i call an atourney or someone... i am just frustrated with the whole things and i need to take car of it... thanks in advance

p.s. i want to say that i have been a member of this site for a while, i dont post much, but i read everything and i enjoy it a lot...thanks for all the
helpful information

You're an idiot!!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Zcarboy

Funny years ago the same thing happen to me, I was driving my Mother's 93 Mustang GT conv. As I was driving I thought the cop pulled me over for loud muffler, but it was the guy behind me. So after he got out of the car and went to the other guys car I felt like an idiot for pulling over and it wasn't even for me. LOL
Old 06-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Aggro_Al

Does the police car have a video recorder? If it does, maybe the whole thing is on tape.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
Does the police car have a video recorder? If it does, maybe the whole thing is on tape.
Very good point!!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:18 AM
gregr3345

Hey....your busted, take your licks and move on, never push a bad position, which you obviously have.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
elms350Z

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
+2 if you can get a hold of that video, it's probably your best bet. I can understand you driving through a nieghborhood to pull over. I also understand that instead of making a U turn why not just go around the block, I've done that myself. Although it's a tough story to swallow and I agree the court will say the same. Good luck.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Aggro_Al

Chances are if the police car has a video recorder it would have turned on automatically when the officer turned his lights/sirens on. Some PDs have them always running.

Did this happen during the day or night? If it happened during the day, why would he give you a eluding w/o lights ticket? If it happened at night, why the hell were you driving through a residential with your lights off? Also, you mentioned that as you were approaching the stoplight it turned green, then you said that you were trying to go through the stoplight before it turned red on you. Were you approaching a fresh green or were you trying to beat the red?

Get a lawyer like many have recommended. I'm having a hard time with this one and I'm not a judge or a lawyer.

Good luck, if you are in the right, sometimes it just might work out. I just recently got out of ticket I felt was wrong because of the circumstances and many said was not going to get overturned because I unknowingly did do the violation. Get that video tape and it will probably vindicate you.

Last edited by Aggro_Al; 06-15-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:26 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

If you can afford it, it doesn't hurt to try and fight any ticket.

You just never know if:
-your lawyer knows the judge
-the cop might not show up
-the appointed magistrate is willing to negociate
-the judge is in a good mood
-the judge dislikes the cop who gave you the ticket

I told one judge I was recently divorced and broke....he was so amused he reduced the fine to $25.

Ya just never know...
Old 06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
lane myers

Originally Posted by jcn30127

You just never know if:

I told one judge I was recently divorced and broke....he was so amused he reduced the fine to $25.

Ya just never know...
lol!!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
StillAlive2029

Originally Posted by jcn30127

You just never know if:

Ya just never know...

1. it was at 11 at night
2. the cop might not show up? your saying sometimes cops just dont show up to court? and if they dont you are free to go? k well i hope that happens cuz i will call my lawyer but like you guys are saying and what i feel will probably happen is i will get fukced and have to take this one and roll with it...wish me luck
Old 06-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Built2shredZ

Sounds like to me you tried to pull a fast one on the cop.... Trying to make the light you speeded thru the intersection, when you noticed the cop you tried to turn down a street and turn off your lights hoping he didnt see you.... This sounds more like the truth, but I was not there so I can't say you are lying... Just that your story is a little weak...

I remember doing something similar when I was 16... Light turn yellow thought I could make and and floored it, by the time i got to the intersection the light just turned red. As I went thru the intersection I noticed a cop waiting to make a turn onto the street I was on, but there was a car in front of him. So i made a qucik turn on the 1st street i Came to and pulled into back of a apartment complex and me and my friends jumped out and walk way from my car now parked under a carport. Few seconds later the Cop goes flying down the street with his lights on. I got lucky and he didnt find me... But I was stupid for doing what I did, but being I was young you tend to do stupid things...

Quick Reply: danm cops...dissapointing story