Which 350Z would you get if you were to add >>

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 09:12 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 350Z would you get if you were to add >>

Looking for a 350Z soon, but I don't know which one to get.. I don't want the Track cause you can't leather.... I'm gonna add a StopTech 14" Brake Kit, and 19" Rims to the car...

So should I just get the performance model Loaded?

What would you do?
Old 12-04-2002, 09:15 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

You can't really get any model LOADED because there are relatively few options and most are inexpensive. If I were you, I would get the Enthusiast, the only difference betweent the Enthusiast and the Performance is 18 inch wheels, automatic tire monitors and VDC. The 18 inch wheels are wasted on you if you are going to 19 inch anyway and for a couple of thousand dollars, I can check my own tire pressure. The VDC is nice, but I don't think it is worth 2 grand more than the TCS on the Enthusiast.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:15 AM
SandMan

If you want leather you might want to consider touring.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:17 AM
350zSpeedRacer

If the only reason you don't want a track is the leather, you can always go aftermarket. But since you're doing wheels and brakes also, I'd go with the performance, I guess. Touring, you're gonna pay for a stereo that's not so hot (not that the stock one is anything to brag about). You could always go with the base model, but then you forego the HID lights, cruise control, etc.

No matter what, you'll love the Z!
Old 12-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
If the only reason you don't want a track is the leather, you can always go aftermarket. But since you're doing wheels and brakes also, I'd go with the performance, I guess. Touring, you're gonna pay for a stereo that's not so hot (not that the stock one is anything to brag about). You could always go with the base model, but then you forego the HID lights, cruise control, etc.

No matter what, you'll love the Z!
Well, I do want the HID, nice sounds, and NAV.... So touring would be my choice?
Old 12-04-2002, 10:05 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want factory leather, touring is the only option. if you want nav, base is not an option. performance is the touring model without leather, stereo, or heated seats/mirrors.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by ares
if you want factory leather, touring is the only option. if you want nav, base is not an option. performance is the touring model without leather, stereo, or heated seats/mirrors.
Touring it is, thank you :-)
Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Sounds like you need to get the Touring. Just don't bother with the bigger wheels since you'll be replacing them anyway. Also remember, you can go aftermarket on the Nav, lights, stereo, etc. It's all up to you and how much work (not to mention cash) you want to put into the car up front or later on.

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:17 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Sounds like you need to get the Touring. Just don't bother with the bigger wheels since you'll be replacing them anyway. Also remember, you can go aftermarket on the Nav, lights, stereo, etc. It's all up to you and how much work (not to mention cash) you want to put into the car up front or later on.

Good luck!
Yup, thanx for your help boys!!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:22 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by Coz@CZP
Yup, thanx for your help boys!!
What about the girl that helped?
Old 12-04-2002, 10:24 AM
ares
Veteran

350zSpeed racer, I think you meant to say base... tho you then dont have cruise control, lighted vanity mirrors, home link, TCS or VDC, LSD, you can only really upgrade the LSD, and of course the HIDs as well. thats alot of things to upgrade, and a lot of things that cant be upgraded if you do want these things.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:28 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by ares
350zSpeed racer, I think you meant to say base... tho you then dont have cruise control, lighted vanity mirrors, home link, TCS or VDC, LSD, you can only really upgrade the LSD, and of course the HIDs as well. thats alot of things to upgrade, and a lot of things that cant be upgraded if you do want these things.
No, I meant to say touring. I just mentioned all the upgrade stuff in case he wanted to go with the base. But he did say that he wanted the Nav, cruise, etc. But now that I look at it, it doesn't make much sense without reference to the base! Sorry!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

What about the girl that helped?
I apoligize, boys and girls
Old 12-04-2002, 10:33 AM
ares
Veteran

hahaha ok, gotcha.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:04 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Good luck!
If he wants the manual, he doesn't have any choice on the larger wheels for the touring. That is why I would go with the Enthusiast and get the aftermarket leather -- which the dealer can install.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:15 AM
ZON

Coz, keep in mind that the Touring somes standard with AT and 17" wheels. If you want the 6 speed in the Touring, which I know you do, then you have to pay 1500 more for that. But then you get the 18" wheels too when you get the MT with the touring.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:32 AM
mickey

Coz, good question, since I am pretty much in the same situation...not sure which model to go for.
with STOPTECH/RIM after purchase in mind...
Track Model....rule this one out.
Touring Model....leather and POWER SEAT. not so good BOSE
Perform. Model....can get aftermarket leather($1000)/ aftermarket sound system(~$1,200 will sound better than BOSE)/But NO POWER SEAT.
Enthu. Mode....same as performance above, but no VDC. and also NO POWER SEAT.

I am spoiled by Power Seat, so with that in mind I will likely choose Touring over Performance. But if you don't mind Powerless seat, go with Performance model. Just my opion.
And thanks again for all input from fellow Z lovers!
Old 12-04-2002, 11:57 AM
JAG

You can get the leather seats through your dealer on Any model... both for $1100 I beleive. They will not be power or heated though, but they will be leather. So, if you don't need power / heat, I'd get enthusiast model and add rims, brakes, and your leather seats and you won't have to pay to get the factory 18s and stuff w/the Touring.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:03 PM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by JAG
You can get the leather seats through your dealer on Any model... both for $1100 I beleive. They will not be power or heated though, but they will be leather. So, if you don't need power / heat, I'd get enthusiast model and add rims, brakes, and your leather seats and you won't have to pay to get the factory 18s and stuff w/the Touring.
Stupid Nissan, why couldn't we just build our own specific Z.. Blah... that's what I have to say about that.. So now i'm confused, I don't need the heated seats, but I want power seats, and I like the Bose system, if it's the same setup they have in the Maximas that is...
Old 12-04-2002, 12:08 PM
SandMan

Originally posted by Coz@CZP
Stupid Nissan, why couldn't we just build our own specific Z.. Blah... that's what I have to say about that.. So now i'm confused, I don't need the heated seats, but I want power seats, and I like the Bose system, if it's the same setup they have in the Maximas that is...
Go with touring, it has heated power seats with bose. The reason why Nissan gave out specific packaged options was to produce the Z's faster and keep the costs down.

Quick Reply: Which 350Z would you get if you were to add >>