Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Gave $1000 on 09/11 - still no order # ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 03:32 PM
leelinch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Gave $1000 on 09/11 - still no order # ...

Put down my $1000 on 09-11-02, a new car for me, and a slap in the face of terrorist who want the economy to shut down. I was originally told to expect dec/jan delivery. I stopped by the dealer last month, and the dealer insures me the order has been placed and is in the top 1/3 of orders recently placed and tells me that feb/mar was looking good (what happened to dec/jan ?). Said I should be expecting a call soon to confirm my options etc. Sounds to me like they (like others) had many more orders than cars and just took everyones money and put our orders in line. If I had known this, I would have hedged my bet with other dealers. Oh, and one other bit. He also told me they had two Z's arriving soon that were not assigned to anyone (hmm, sounds like they also placed a few order for themselves ahead of their customers orders).

Anyway, was wondering how long it took most of you here to get this callback from the dealer to confirm options etc after you gave your initial deposit. Was told that after confirming my options I would be given and order #, then eventually a Vin #. I ordered my car from Bankston - Irving (Texas).

Thanks!

Last edited by leelinch; 12-04-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:50 PM
TriX

Well I am in the exact situation but I ordered at the beginning of November.

From what most people told me:

First comes the order with NNA this is done at the beginning of each month. You should obtain a order number. Its a 6 digit number with a letter at the front y##### for example.

Wait for 2 months or so and a VIN is sent to you via email. Didn't hear of a order confirmation by telephone or order features confirm by telephone. Possible though.

Once you receive the VIN you car is on the way.

I prepaid 1500 and my car is supposedly being delivered in March. Somehow I don't belive this at all.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:01 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Hi leelinch. Long time no see.

I'm guessing Dec. 9. I ordered my car a few days before you, and just made the Nissan order deadline for the month. So I added a month to my delivery date, and allowed another 3 days for the car to get trucked to Texas.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Buzz350z

Sorry bro get in line! I put my 1000 down on 7/28/02 and I still dont have my car. My ETA is Jan 21st! Here is the situation, regardless of when you put a deposit down each Nissan is only allowed to order so many z/s a month. My nissan is only allowed two slots. So what that means is when i ordered my z back in july there was a few people ahead of me. Yes i was not told anything about this b/c then they would have lost the sale, the obvious. However they just kept me in line and my damn z was not ordered til november. From the time your car is ordered I was told by NNA expect 3-4 months average. Most likely your car was just ordered or better yet you still may be on the list. Check into it. Peace out!
Old 12-04-2002, 05:00 PM
Zonny

Red face Why wait?

I started looking for a 350Z about 2 months ago. I had not seen a 350Z back then (I live in eastern NC). Picked up the newspaper, looked in the classified, and saw 3 for sale. The only feature that I was sure that I wanted at that time was a manual tranny. There was one listed (about $4,000 over sticker). To satisfy my curiosity, I called the owner (private) which was 45 miles away. Drove over, he threw me the keys and I took it for a test drive. Oh sh:t, I was hooked. Having own a 240Z back in '73, I knew the feeling. I had to have one of these. Now, I just had to convince my wife. Susprisingly, she basically told me to go for it. That was all I needed. I did not buy that silvertone, but I did start looking. I discovered that there were a few dealers out there that were selling them at sticker price. After reading all the spec's and seeing what colors were available, I new that I wanted a Touring model, LeMans Sunset with burnt orange interior. Every night I would cruise the Net and check out all the dealerships within a 100 mile radius. Finally, two weeks ago, I found one listed at a dealer 90 miles away. It was exactly what I was looking for (Touring, colors and options). I drove to the dealer the next morning (it had just been delivered earlier that morning), wrote him a check at sticker price and drove it home.

I would keep looking . . . one is out there with everything you want at the right price, or maybe I was just lucky.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:34 PM
rahilio

the time for the car to get to me was 3 months exactly ordered in august got it in nov
Old 12-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Wags

Default Same Boat

I ordered mine Oct 10th, was told delivery was down to about 60 days. Went back 30 days later to say hi and insure it had actually been ordered. Was told the order went out "yesterday" with the Nov orders.. and should be in Feb or Mar. Had to ask what happened to the 60 days, and was told it would be 60 to 90 days from when the order is actually placed...

All fine and good. I had to stop at the dealer to sign a power of attorney so they could sell my VR4 which I gave as trade in (along with $1K, (the vr4 had a problem I won't get into here...)) and said I would like the order number... The Sales manager fumbled and mumbled "he didn't think it had been ordered yet". I reminded him he said it was ordered two weeks ago and was noticeablly upset and told him he should at least know if it had or hadn't been ordered... I patiently waited while he dug thru computer printouts and we found one ordered and coming in Feb exactly like mine and "That must be it" But, I still don't have the order #, VIN, or anybody's word that the line on the printout is really mine. Guess I'll go backe in the next day or two and beat on them again. I think it's mine, I think it's mine...

Touring, Silverstone, all but NAV and Aero
Old 12-04-2002, 08:27 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

61 days for mine; ordered on the 6th of Sept, picked up on the 6th Nov. I had a few opportunities to pick up a cancelled pre-order for MSRP, but never a 6MT SS Enthusiast which was what I wanted.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:07 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4 hrs for me ....guess someone backed out of a track model, so i just walked in at the right time, test drove, then drove it home. got it for msrp. originally i wanted blue, but it was silver and thats fine with me. only option it doesnt have is nav, which i kinda wanted, but its cool.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:52 AM
TriX

b18bvudoo: Its easy to get a top end model....track, touring, performance.

I was offered 3 tracks, 2 touring. But I am only looking for Base.

Well I hope I get lucky and someone backs out.

Also remember that production has been increasing. Meaning more cars being made, more orders a dealer can make, you car being delivered sooner. I belive there is a post regarding this. Cars produced last month increased by 4000 or roughly that much.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:23 AM
leelinch

Talking UPDATE... Dealer called me yesterday !!!

Dealer must have heard my keystrokes,

Yesterday I got a call from the dealer to confirm my options because my order would be going in tonight. Said to expect Feb delivery.

Instead of actually confirming over the phone I told him I would stop by the dealership. I think its always best for an eye to eye if given the chance. Anyway, he had several pieces of paper in his office with the names of people who have ordered Z's. The names that were scribbled out were people who had already received their cars or had backed out before their orders were ever actually sent to Nissan. Every month, at order time, they take the next "x" amount of names from the list and place their orders ("x" amount depends on your dealers allocation per month). Anyway, my name got the last slot of this months allocation.

It obvious what they do here. Several times I asked in the past if my order had been placed and they said "yes". I didn't badger them about it but, from reading this web site, I knew that it was probably just a half truth. The real truth is this:
when they take your deposit, YES, they did take your order and place it on their books but, NO, your order was not sent to Nissan. The dealers want your business and, as others have stated, would probably not get it if they told you it would be months before they would even place your order.

Also, told me about the two Z's he has on the way in the next several weeks (or less) that are not yet claimed and wanted to know if I knew anyone that was interested. I told him Id pass along the info. Just one catch, both of these cars will have the protection package, window etch, and window tint (at a cost of $2,400). So, if interested, dont say I didn't warn you about the dealer add-on markup. Anyway, they will have Chrome Silver/Auto/with Mats for $34594 (this price includes the dealer add-ons mentioned above) and also will have a Lemans/Auto/ with all but NAV/300 miles (not sure of asking price). So, if interested, contact Bankston Nissan - Irving (Texas) at 972-554-2200 and ask for TINKER. Tell him Lee Linch told you to call.

* My personal disclaimer: I personally wouldn't buy a car that had all those dealer add-ons because they are almost all profit to the dealer. But its your decision.

Thanks to all those that replied to my original posting. But supposedly, it looks like Im set now...just a few more months.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:17 AM
TriX

Default Re: UPDATE... Dealer called me yesterday !!!

Originally posted by leelinch
Dealer must have heard my keystrokes,

Yesterday I got a call from the dealer to confirm my options because my order would be going in tonight. Said to expect Feb delivery.

Instead of actually confirming over the phone I told him I would stop by the dealership. I think its always best for an eye to eye if given the chance. Anyway, he had several pieces of paper in his office with the names of people who have ordered Z's. The names that were scribbled out were people who had already received their cars or had backed out before their orders were ever actually sent to Nissan. Every month, at order time, they take the next "x" amount of names from the list and place their orders ("x" amount depends on your dealers allocation per month). Anyway, my name got the last slot of this months allocation.

It obvious what they do here. Several times I asked in the past if my order had been placed and they said "yes". I didn't badger them about it but, from reading this web site, I knew that it was probably just a half truth. The real truth is this:
when they take your deposit, YES, they did take your order and place it on their books but, NO, your order was not sent to Nissan. The dealers want your business and, as others have stated, would probably not get it if they told you it would be months before they would even place your order.

Also, told me about the two Z's he has on the way in the next several weeks (or less) that are not yet claimed and wanted to know if I knew anyone that was interested. I told him Id pass along the info. Just one catch, both of these cars will have the protection package, window etch, and window tint (at a cost of $2,400). So, if interested, dont say I didn't warn you about the dealer add-on markup. Anyway, they will have Chrome Silver/Auto/with Mats for $34594 (this price includes the dealer add-ons mentioned above) and also will have a Lemans/Auto/ with all but NAV/300 miles (not sure of asking price). So, if interested, contact Bankston Nissan - Irving (Texas) at 972-554-2200 and ask for TINKER. Tell him Lee Linch told you to call.

* My personal disclaimer: I personally wouldn't buy a car that had all those dealer add-ons because they are almost all profit to the dealer. But its your decision.

Thanks to all those that replied to my original posting. But supposedly, it looks like Im set now...just a few more months.
Lucky bastard. I guess that means exactly what I fear that my order is just sitting there on its ***.

My biggest problem is I have to get rid of my car and get a new one by march. I am ready to scream.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:19 AM
stevo

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

i have recieved my Vin# and was told a eta of 11-30, but no car yet so since ive recieved my Vin#, does that mean my car is coming in anytime soon now? oh and does anybody know the process of how the Z gets here in houston?
Old 12-06-2002, 09:55 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Darn them dealers

I ordered a 350z enthu 6speed back in the beginning of July, since the month of October I have been hearing from the dealer that it would be here any day now. I got fed up with this being that it is the first week of December and called Nissan Consumer affairs. They told me that I was not in the system and that they would call the dealer to see what is going on. Now I do have a VIN # which I have had for a month and a half. So I get a call back from consumer affairs at Nissan and they tell me that they spoke to the dealer and the car is now supposed to arrive Dec 28th.

The bottom line for everyone to know is that the dealer does know more than Nissan consumer affairs when it comes to the status of your cars. They get a print out the shows the status of the car and they know on that print out when the car is to arrive. There are 3 different statuses that the car will have and I believe they are 1. built 2. Shipped 3. On the dock. Now correct me if im wrong on these. The only good thing that has come out of waiting is that I have been able to save and extra 2k. So my payments will be lower.

Good Luck all

I can’t wait to be driving a new Z like most of you

Later
Aceman
Old 12-06-2002, 11:24 AM
mydogscool

Default Z's at Sharret

Aceman,
I was in Sharrett over thanksgiving weekend, and I saw sitting on the showroom floor, for sale, 1 black track, and 1 chrome silver touring. What color/model are you waiting for?????
Old 12-06-2002, 11:39 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Z's at Sharret

Originally posted by mydogscool
Aceman,
I was in Sharrett over thanksgiving weekend, and I saw sitting on the showroom floor, for sale, 1 black track, and 1 chrome silver touring. What color/model are you waiting for?????

Im waiting for a Red 6spd Enthu

I live in Hagerstown and they do have a red 6spd Performance and a black track

The enthu is in my budget and i know i will still have plenty of play money but if i wait another month the performance will be in my budget lol
Old 04-23-2003, 02:21 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

First off, if you were given a delivery date and they didn't deliver you are entitiled to your depoist back in full. Start looking around for what you want at another dealer. You can fly to another dealer and drive it home. Airline tickets are cheap. I know a dealer here in Albuquerque, New Mexico who is trustworthy and will take good care of you. PM me if interested.

zhguitar
Old 04-23-2003, 02:37 PM
UFO

I believe she got her Z a long time ago. The original post is dated Dec 02.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:38 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry but in the future please dont dig up 4 month old threads... I would assume this situation has been settled at this point.