Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

iForged Liars: Don't Do Biz With These Pricks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd rather ride stock then be rollin I-ForgerY lol.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:49 PM
VaderGT3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man those clowns get no love ANYWHERE..
HAHAHA
Old 08-01-2006, 12:52 PM
jcs4

I actually ordered my Fluxs or my Widebody M3 through Vince and they came in about 6 weeks after I ordered them. They are a hit and miss company. I am happy with my purchase but If I buy again I would go with CCW wheels. I haven't heard anything buy praise from them.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:35 AM
denic79

I was thinking about buying a set of Iforged. Now that I read this Hell no.
Im going with volks. Thanks for all the info. Why wouldn't these companys want to make there customers happy.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:25 AM
G35cTT

Originally Posted by denic79
I was thinking about buying a set of Iforged. Now that I read this Hell no.
Im going with volks. Thanks for all the info. Why wouldn't these companys want to make there customers happy.

Let me tell you my story previous of ordering my iForged. I ordered a set of spark silver GT-c which is standard color and size from their catalog. 3 months later they came from the shop says they're special order that's why it takes so long. One of the wheels ends up being scratched, either Volk sent it that way or UPS did the damage. I didn't want to wait for another wheel to come because my thinking is it'll take another month at the least and possible 3 months at the longest since it comes on ship. I decided I want a refund and it took about a month to get that refund because the wheels were sent back to Volk. I had to pay for shipping which is bs because that wasn't my fault for the scratched wheel. I think you're worst off getting Volk unless it's a set that's already in stock since they are coming from Japan. I know alot of people have them and probably dealt w/ them but that's my experience w/ Volk. That's why I opted for the iForged, I was told because of the clear coating it takes taht extended amount of time. Any other finish I hear they come in 5 weeks or so but dont' expect great customer service from them.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:03 PM
DDS_RACER

Will, I’m sorry you went through all that man. I felt your pain and frustration from your writing. I actually went through a similar experience with wheelmax.com. The following is my story that I have posted on numerous forums (and this is what I recommend you do man):

--------------------------
WOW, HOLY SH!!!T. I did a google search of Exel wheels and i had no idea I was the only guy that has been screwed by wheelmax. It's a friggin' epidemic: those bastards are screwing everybody.
Hi guys, i just registered today so i can speak about my experiences on wheelmax. i own a modded 350z and last november i bought some wheels from wheel max thinking i was going to get a good deal. boy, was i wrong.
my story is posted on my350z.com, but here is the link: https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/153061-do-not-buy-from-wheelmax-com.html
anyway guys, 11 mos. later, despite my numerous attempts to resolve this, those f$%kers never gave me back my money that they owed me for their mistake on my order. All in all i paid for their mistakes and their fraud on my order. Oh, and this is icing on the cake, now my wheels are starting to flake. im just glad i came across this forum b/c i easily get into the triple digits in my Z. Now i know that these wheels are unsafe, volatile, and not too be trusted. I even went so far as to call a miami consumer lawyer but the whole damn thing started to drag and i lost energy cause i felt like i was fighting an uphill battle.
I say this b/c their customer service is run by a lady who is a major four letter explitive that starts with a C (lydia)! And the owner/manager (diego) is a douche that started arguing with me and never even listened to a word i said. he claimed the whole thing was my fault.
WARNING: WHEEL MAX EMPLOYEES ARE CON ARTIST!!! This is not an exaggeration. they completely frauded me and i paid literally twice in time and money trying to fix their fu@k ups.
I am planning on purchasing a set of SSR GT3's or HRE's which are the real thing. It's expensive, but you can't put a price on your safety. dude, i'm just glad you're well and not too seriously hurt.
-----------------------

Anyway….I was seriously going to purchase a set of Iforged wheels but i appreciate Will posting his story b/c now…HELL NO i won't buy IFOrged!!! Since Iforged cost around HRE prices and HRE makes the exact same wheel, I’ll just save a little more and get the HRE’s.

CAN I TRUST HRE, GUYS??? I will do my own research into HRE and find out if they are reputable and loyal to their customers.

+1 for creating a sticky for sh!!!ty companies. I thought that was the objectives of my350z.com…so others can learn from our mistakes.

One more thing , when dealing with sh!ty CS, it doesn’t pay to be polite over the phone.
You gotta be a d!ck to them. As you can see, will and I both tried to handle this matter professionally, and we can take advantage of.

Fighting with these scam, auto aftermarket companies, is like mud wrestling with a pig… you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:08 PM
rookie

I have HREs and they were wonderful to deal with. Built to my specs without any back talk or "this is the offset you're supposed to run" BS that I got from a few other custom wheel companies. I'm local to them so they sent out a sales guy and a tech guy to measure my 8 piston front and 4 piston rear brakes for clearance.

If you can afford it, HREs are built better and have a better dealer network as well.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:53 PM
persianmafia

Have you guys ever seen american choppers? and noticed that for those elaborat motorcycle rims that the guys come up with only take like a day to make? WTF is up with a ****ING YEAR????!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:44 PM
majik16106

CCW FTW !!!! John is friggin amazing. badass customer service... badass prices.. badass wheels. used em on supras, used em on the old datsun z car,will be using them on the fiddy. HRe is too high priced for me.. for what they are. if i didnt go CCW the only other wheel company id consider for 350z wheels is Volk.

but yah.. no worries ordering from john.. he is the man.