Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Do Not Buy From Wheelmax.com!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:12 PM
DDS_RACER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do Not Buy From Wheelmax.com!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM WHEELMAX.COM

WHeelmax.com has been the WORST online buying experience ever.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Hybrid90

Care to elaborate on your experience?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
e46krazy

can you explain why ? maybe they`ve changed but i bought a wheel+ tire package from them about 1 year ago and it went flawlessly , got them sooner than i thought i would also .
Old 11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
DDS_RACER

I purchased a tire/wheel package from wheelmax. If a hell exists, I have gotten a big glimpse of what it feels like. I say this because so far my actions to fix the 3 massive, mistakes Wheelmax made on my order have been completely frustrating!

Here are the mistakes made on my order:

1) they sent me yokohama tires instead of the toyo proxes i ordered. (yoko's were never mentioned during the time i was making the deal and they never called me to clear this with me).

2) get this, they charged my card for the price of the Toyo tires which were significantly more than the yoko's I received (DOES ANYONE HERE SMELL FRAUD!!!!)

and, 3) They gave 245 x 40 x 18 in the front but in the back they gave 275 x 35 x 18. So now i have an excessive wheel gap at the rears.

So i called them, spoke to guy named Al, and he agreed w/me that this was 150% their fault. But since I had already driven on the tires I was pretty much SOL (well yeah, i waited 2 freakin' weeks for the delivery while they held on to my money!!!)

Anyway, he started to propose several resolutions to fix their F%#K up mistake, all of which were completely unacceptable and hysterical. My favorite is when he said that i should try to sell off the tires thru eBAY and purchase 4 brand new tires thru wheelmax. WTF!!!!

At this point, I call my bank, explain the situation, and filed a claimed. To do business with Wheelmax again, would be like bending over, and taking it up the a$$ without the K-Y.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:43 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Why would you drive on something you did not want, partially your fault man!

Kinda like buying a 350Z Roadster, getting a Coupe driving it for a while and saying hey wait a minute, this isn't a convertible!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:45 PM
DDS_RACER

Oh, i forgot to mention, they charged Road Hazard on my order (an extra $100) w/out telling me during the time of the order. To get stuffed up the butt with hidden costs like a thanksgiving turkey is pretty $hitty if you ask me. Also, the prices on the tires on their website don't match up at all with the tire prices found on my invoice.

You'd think a family-owned and operated business could be a little organized... sad thing is I drive my Z aggressively and will need new tires in 6 mos. That place is stupid for not keeping fast car drivers happy.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:46 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definetly not cool.

I'm surprised you drove around after you didn't get what you wanted, sounds like it might be an uphill battle though.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
DDS_RACER

I know, zand02max.

But you would think a company would get the order right the first time, that's called competence. And as I mentioned above, Wheelmax was willing to take full blame for the whole thing. And as a result of this mistake, I get to play the frustrating wait game while Wheelmax takes their precious time to decide what they are going to do. Zand, i have suffered enough w/the prospect of going to War with these guys. Thanks for supporting a fellow Z member (punk).
Old 11-10-2005, 12:54 PM
DDS_RACER

By the way guys, it's not the wrong brand name of tires that bothers me. I was fine with getting the difference in price for the toyo's vs the yoko's. What i'm most pissed about is the Fraud component of this whole matter and the fact that they gave mismatching tires sizes for the front and back. Sidewidth wall of 35 versus 40 is a very fine detail that is easy to overlook. I only found this mistake 3 days after i mounted the tires. Now, had i noticed this when i was mounting the tires, of course I would not have driven them, duh! I would of been pissed, but i would have done the right thing and returned them and wiated another 2 weeks for the correct wheels.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:13 PM
djnc

that blows extreme groin...are the wheels at least what you wanted?...what kind what specs, btw?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:13 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by DDS_RACER
I know, zand02max.

But you would think a company would get the order right the first time, that's called competence. And as I mentioned above, Wheelmax was willing to take full blame for the whole thing. And as a result of this mistake, I get to play the frustrating wait game while Wheelmax takes their precious time to decide what they are going to do. Zand, i have suffered enough w/the prospect of going to War with these guys. Thanks for supporting a fellow Z member (punk).
Punk huh, your the dumby who drove on tires that you did not order. I did have sympathy for you but after this, no way!

If it WAS NOT what you ordered, you should have simply returned it. Kinda liking buying a shotgun at Walmart, going deer hunting firing some rounds out of it, and then returning it the following weekend!

Your fault as much as the companies!

Last edited by zand02max; 11-10-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
DDS_RACER

Last edited by DDS_RACER; 12-12-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
ppw350Zunit

okaaaay.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they didn't get your order to you correctly the first time, why would you mount them and drive on them. Could have easily been fixed if you didn't do that.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
DDS_RACER

Dude that was 3 years ago. I'm over it.

Didn't mean to bump, I was testing something out. And I didn't see a delete button to erase the post. Mi culpa.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Dude that was 3 years ago. I'm over it.

Didn't mean to bump, I was testing something out. And I didn't see a delete button to erase the post. Mi culpa.

LOL.....................................i was reading whole thing from top.........and....was from 3 years ago...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zand02max
Punk huh, your the dumby who drove on tires that you did not order. I did have sympathy for you but after this, no way!

If it WAS NOT what you ordered, you should have simply returned it. Kinda liking buying a shotgun at Walmart, going deer hunting firing some rounds out of it, and then returning it the following weekend!

Your fault as much as the companies!

+1, why the hell would you not double check everything before you put mounted the tires? yes they were at fault at first, but your mistake really puts wheelmax at in a bind. you really cant expect them to take back tires you have driven on. the buyer also needs to take responsibility in a purchase. omg, LOL @ the post date, who f dug this up?!!?!?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:38 PM
DDS_RACER

ugh, only cause I respect you nexx will I answer. but realize all this goes back to 3 years ago.

Also, I'll repeat it again, i didn't mean to bump this thread, but I was unable to find a delete button at the time I was trying something out. In a way I guess it's a good thing my cautionary tale has resurfaced -- to warn others about a slimy company that produces cheap wheels and is notorious for screwing their customers.

To answer your question, in a nutshell Nexx, I was very excited when I got them. Being the inexperienced noob i was back then with buying parts for my Z, I just assumed everything was there correctly. The salesman, Al, was a smooth talker and made me believe Wheelmax was a competent, legitimate company.....

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Anyway, I didn't check anything all, again, my fault. From a noob pov, everything "looked" right. That's why I didn't check.

The other point I never got to make, has nothing to do with my story at all. The most important element I want people to understand here is that "wheelmax" products are not safe. If you Google "Wheelmax Sucks" not only will you get hits, but you will also find stories of quality-related problems with their wheels, ie spontaneous breakdown on the road, etc. Also, if you go to Ripoffreport.com you will find more stuff on them.

I learned my lesson the hard way for sure. The objective in posting my story was not so I could get bashed for my actions, but b/c I want to see this company go down. Wheelmax does not conduct themselves ethically as was evident in my pursuit of this case (part 2 -- discussed below in brief detail).

Even when they did admit liability and sent me a whole new package of wheels/tires, and I returned the original ones, they never reimbursed me back for the Service fee I paid to get that done, the shipping, or the difference in price b/t the original set and replacement set (which was a significant amount), even though they told me they would. Again, I'll repeat that: even though they promised me they would, as in, verbalized the exact dollar amount I would get when I returned their old wheels and sent them a fax of the service fee and cost of shipping wheel/tire package back to florida. IN other words, I basically paid for the cost of their mistakes. They gave me the run-around that lasted from the beginning Dec '05 till the end of May '06. Initially , when I called them they said "Oh yeah, the check is being processed, should be there in 2 weeks." NExt time I called they say something like "THe check will be sent in a couple of days." Or, my favorite which they used many times: "We're relocating offices be patient." To finally, "We have no idea what you're talking about" and flat out denying they had any invovlement in this whatsoever.

At that point I wanted to sue, but opted not to, and just cut my loses. The whole thing had taken a toll on me mentally and was just draining to pursue.

I'LL STATE IT AGAIN, I'm not denying some of this is not my fault. This whole experience has been an eye opener for me and a lesson learned. Had I just done a quick Google search of "Wheelmax Sucks" before I made the purchase I would have realized very quickly not do business with these con artists. And honestly, i do not believe based on my experience with them, even had I caught the mistake before I drove on the wheels, that they would have done anything to correct the situation, that's how slimy these guys are. I know I have no proof to make this claim, but it's just something you would have to go through yourselves to believe.

Last edited by DDS_RACER; 12-12-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 PM
DDS_RACER

FOUND PART II GUYS (this just goes into more details of what I have already mentioned above. Not necessary to read. You should all know by now not to do business with WHEELMAX due to:

1) Posted stories of their negligence relating to the saftey issue of their wheels

2) Gross incompetence (on many levels).

3) For dicking me around
-----------------------------------------
DO NOT BUY WHEELMAX WHEELS. I fell in love with a set of Wheelmax wheels when I saw them on a Z. I asked him where he got them, he replied, I got them from, "Wheelmax.com." So i go on their site...which seemed a pretty well constructed site...you can always tell the "ma and pa shop" dot com companies...and i never do business with those companies...but Wheelmax.com seemed legitimate...and i really really really loved those wheels, and they were really really really cheap...looking back the low cost of the wheels should have raised a flag, but b/c i was deeply infatuated with those wheels i only thought of that as a bonus.

After about a month of thought, i decided to take the plunge and order them. Boy, i had no idea i was about to commit the BIGGEST ONLINE PURCHASE MISTAKE EVER!!!! I talked to a sales guy named Al. When i first talked to him he was really nice and helpful. He basically helped me with the order. This was the final order:

Front: 18 inch wheel on 40 by 245 toyo
Back: 18 inch wheel on 40 by 275 toyo

After a delay of two weeks, due to a hurricane, I got my wheels. I quickly mounted them. I had reason to believe I was dealing with a competent company, and assumed the order was correct. That was my first mistake...i should have checked the order. plus from the way that AL talked he made me believe, the con artist that he is, that Wheelmax was founded on solid principles of trust. I didn't detect a single hint of incompetency when i spoke with him. Anyway, 2 days after i mounted my wheels, i decide, hey i never really got a good look at those TOYO tires...i think i'll go check them out on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Here’s what I found:
Front: 18 inch on 40 by 245 YOKOHOMA tires
Back: 18 inch on 35 by 275 YOKOHOMA tires

I called them immediately on Monday. "AL, what the hell? Why did i get Yokohoma tires...i never ordered these.... and WHY DID YOU CHARGE ME FOR TOYO PRICES... there's a big difference in cost here...And why is my back tires a 35 sidewall height , I wanted 40!!!"
AL :did you drive on the wheels?
ME: Yes
Al: Then you can't return them
ME: THen I'll call my bank and you can deal with their attorney's
AL: Please don't do that. Let me make this right...let me speak with my manager, this is 110% our fault..I'm sooo sorry.

Again, he remains nice throughout my first phone call. He comes back and proposed like 3 different proposals. I laughed at all of them. But my favorite is when he wanted me to sell off their wheels/tire package on Ebay and make me buy another wheel/tire package from them..

so after fighting with him for like 30 min. we reached a deal. They sent me 4 new tires (Faulken) so i could at least have matching side wall heights. THey said also to fax the copy of the bill for the remount on the wheels and tires for a reimbursement. The new tire/wheel package finally came in after another 2 weeks, and they were not even packaged up!!! Yes, they just shipped them without any boxes. But get this, their CS dept specifically told me that when I returned their Yoko's that I should need to wrap the very carefully, and gave me specific instructions on how to do that. INcredible I thought. I got on the phone again, this is now like the 50th time I have to called them, and I say this is BS, I'm not wrapping your tires back since you didn’t bother to either...why should I., he's, like whatever....that's fine...

January '06 comes and I call them back...
Me:"Did you get the Yoko's back?"
A: Yes
Me: Then where's my refund on the 1) Mounting and balance, 2) the difference in cost b/t the yoko's and toyo's...(approx. $350) and 3) the shipping to have your mistake sent back to you
Al: Ok we can’t give you back 100% refund as we promised b/c there’s to much wear and tear on the tires
ME: BS my Z is not a daily driver, and it was your fault for delaying the Faulken to beign with, and I drove less than 100 miles on those tires. (This was true, BTW)
AL: let me transfer you to CS
Me: ok
CS: Sir your refund will be refunded in a week
ME : Thank you.

Feb '06:
Me: Where's my refund?
CS: sorry we've been moving, our system is down, you;ll get it
Me: ty

March '06: same thing

April '06:
Me: WHERE'S my refund
CS: We gave you new tires. What the fucK are you talking about
Me: WHATdo you mean... that was part of the deal for the mistake you guys made in the first place...i PAID TO HAVE YOUR YOKOS SHIPPED BACK which were WRONG to begin with. YOu guys owe me $350.
CS: you'll have to speak to our manager

I never got a hold of their manager Diego for an enitre month....he was conveniently never there when I called.

but finally in May,

ME: Where's my refund, this is ridiculous!!! I've been waiting since Jan!!
Diego: Sir there's no need to use that kind of tone
Me: WHat tone!! I demand an explanation. I was told up until a couple of months ago that i was getting a refund. now after stalling me for months,... you guys have completely changed your minds on this...I kept my part of the deal.
Diego: ok well let me investigate this with my account maganer
ME: WHY!!! Go talk with AL he know’s exactly what's going on.
Diego: sure
ME: This is the last time i will call. next time you will be hearing from an attorney.

My motivation to sue was based off principles, not so much the monetary compensation -- they didn't make good on their word. Needless to say, I never heard back from the Diego, the manager, so i consulted with a consumer lawyer in Florida...when i realized it was more trouble than it was worth, i just decided to write off my loses. plus i was in my second year of grad school and my life was already hectic with that.

Realize, the version of this story that i told you is the short version. There are many headached inducing, ball-busting, frustating, phone conversations that I had with AL, and CS before I even spoke with Diego….I ripped Al a new anus on our last conversation as I told him something like you’re a “fucking liar and u knew this whole time I wasn’t getting my money.” I could have eaily just kept their Yoko’s and sold those on the street. But being honest in this situation got me nowhere.

AS time went on I realized too late wheelmax is a SCAM. If you go on ripoff report.com, it’s no surprise you’ll find similar stories like mine…here’s the link:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff67788.htm

And now, this is icing on the cake…the clear coat on their wheels are starting to flake. PERFECT!

BUT THE MAIN REASON I WOULD NEVER BUY WHEELS FROM WHEEL MAX is due to their safety. Their wheels are not safe and they fucking know it.

Last edited by DDS_RACER; 12-12-2007 at 11:52 PM.