Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So I got rear ended at the DRIVE THROUGH today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 07:44 AM
desiZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monstertaco
Yeah, thanks for the info guys. Anyone know any good body shops in the LA area to take this thing to? Should I just demand a new bumper even if the damage is very minor?

The thing is..the guy and I have the same insurance company.. so that's why I think they might have been pushing the preffered crap...well I still have to hear back from the insurance company to come check out the damage...probably tomorrow.. will keep you guys posted...

Watch out for those maniacs trying to get thier burgers.
which in n out ? i get freaked out at the torrance in n out... weird turns and annoying soccer moms in suv's 10 times the size of them..
Old 07-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Fletch69z

Damn man! That sucks, sorry to hear it. Someone backed into my car when it was parked and it's been over a month and it still isn't totally fixed. It sucks.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Z Grl

Originally Posted by monstertaco
So, I'm sitting there minding my own business in the In and Out drive through waiting to get to the window when... BAM!

I look in my rear view and see this older gentleman coughing up a storm. I get out of my car, and take a little peak at where my bumper use to be but..oh look! Half of a Jeep is buried inside!

I ask the man, "Are you okay sir?" and he says he's fine. So I'm sitting there outside his window like an idiot for a couple seconds waiting for him to say something or at least dislodge himself from my Z...Nothing happens. So I say.."Do you want to exchange information?" He says.."Why?" Then I point... he gets out and realizes that 350Z's don't come with an optional Jeep bumper attachment. HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE HIT ME!

So we pull over and exchange information...his name doesn't match the name on the insurance. The damage wasn't as bad once we pulled apart..the bumper popped a good amount out. When I was getting his information he said..."oh, this is nothing you could pop that out for $100." (Giggles started to form in my head) I say I'll have to get an estimate, and that if he wants to do it outside of insurance I can give him a call with the quote. (He really liked that idea.)

So to sum it up, when I got home I realized that if I reported this, it wasn't going to increase my premium since it was 100% his fault. Being a little pissed as well, I called up my insurance and reported it. Someone is going to be contacting me in a day or two to assess the damage. Basically two decent size dents and scratches, all on the lower bumper piece.

Think I did the right thing to just report it? All I wanted was a burger...
yea you done the right thing,, i mean its not your fault anyways......lol..should have said your neck hurts....
Old 07-05-2005, 09:21 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Should have got a police report... Get it fixed at dealer..New bumper..
Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 PM
monstertaco

UPDATE: So the insurance guy called me today and I gave my statement. Basically he kept pushing me to take it to thier preferred body shop as it will be "Easier" and "quicker" for me to get my car back. I told them I hadn't decided where to take it.

I guess I'll call the dealership near work to see if they do this type of replacement.

By the way it was the in and out in glendale, ca.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah man just stick to the dealership.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
monstertaco

Well I called the Santa Monica Nissan right now.. and they reffered me to Anthony's Body Shop. Are these dealer reffered places any good, or should I just go to someplace else? Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
ricks350z

If you have an accident at a privately own business or any business location, then it's nobody's fault..nobody will get the ticket....