Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Yall aint gonna believe this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 10:01 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

sounds like a snooty bish. Kinda like those ladies in nice Mercedes that give you the, "I'm better than you look." It's kinda funny how people will judge other, just by what you drive. I get a totally different stare when I drive my daily driver(1997 eclipse) vs. my Z. The Z is slammed with 19 inch HRE's, beautiful sounding system, and in-dash TV(not trying to brag, just give a visual). The stare goes from, "Why are you looking at me? I'm better than you.".... to a ...." What an a$$hole, he thinks he's all that."... or... "Hi, my name is --- wink..wink."
Old 07-05-2005, 10:15 AM
boma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL man. I'm from Houston too and I know what you mean. When I'm driving my mom's Civic (1999 Black EX Coupe) I feel like no one cares and I feel invisible.

But when I'm in the Z I feel like they're saying I'm a spoiled kid or something.

Once I got a random honk, and I was like "what the!" I turned around and it was this guy and his gf looking at me. The guy gave me a big smile and a thumbs up! I returned the gesture and turned hehe. His gf had this bewildered look at her face. hehe.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:16 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I apologize for a fellow G driver. If I didn't want 4 seats I'd have been looking into the Z too.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:44 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theonetheonly
Wait all Infinitis are Nissans, next thing you are going to tell me is that all Lexus are Toyota....

some people are just so stupid...that is why marketing works
and Acuras and Hondas...
Old 07-05-2005, 10:47 AM
davidgaddy

I took a G35 out for a test run last week and to me I felt like I was wasting my time. The Z is a much better car,because of the raw power!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:39 AM
BRZ3303

Ignorant and stupid! F that biatch!
Old 07-05-2005, 12:02 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davidgaddy
I took a G35 out for a test run last week and to me I felt like I was wasting my time. The Z is a much better car,because of the raw power!
Sarcasm, or smoking the wacky tabbacy?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:22 PM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Anyone that thinks they are better than you because of the type, brand, or cost of the vehicle they are driving, is an idiot.

I know plenty of very wealthy people who prefer to drive inconspicuous or simple types of vehicles. Heck, look at what Sam Walton drove.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:33 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
Yeah, the same thing happened to me and my buddy when we were cruising up north on the PCH in my Supra. We pulled up next to this guy with his girlfriend in this black Ferrari and we told him that he had a nice car. He looked over at us really snobbish and told us it was Ferrari and we couldn't afford one and started revving his engine. At that time we knew it was on and my buddy looked over at me and said smoke em ....

LOL!!!

It's a FERRAHHHREE!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM
jinsei888

Originally Posted by nicolaycastro
yep, but then sadly he got shot
then batman came in and killed them all with his batarangs!!! WOO HOO!!! BOOBIES!!! MO NAKED HOES!!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by Paul350Z

I guess at age 45 I should be driving the G and leave the Z's to the younger guys huh?

(heck no! )
Hell no! I'll always be driving something sporty! I hope I'm like Carol Shelby and doing donuts when I'm 80, . The way I see it is that as I get older I should be able to afford something faster, haha. LOve the 35th Aniv. by the way!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Aggro_Al

Originally Posted by jinsei888
then batman came in and killed them all with his batarangs!!! WOO HOO!!! BOOBIES!!! MO NAKED HOES!!
Nope, he really did get shot. My friend and I had to chase the shooters down in the Supra and in The Beast. They were shooting at us with automatic weapons the whole time but in the end we really put the hurt on them.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:39 PM
csdstudio

Originally Posted by tware
You'd have to be pretty dense not to know you were driving a rebadged Nissan. Its not like it doesnt say Nissan everywhere but the badges.
LMAO. Don't have to look very hard either. Open the door, and right there on the door sill says "Manufactured by Nissan Motor" on a big white sticker.

Next time you can tell him/her to open the door and look. People are just stupid. Half the drivers out there don't even know what brand they drive, let alone know what a sister car is.

By the way, I think this is my first post here, been hanging around g35driver and didn't know this forum was here. So my hello to all.

Last edited by csdstudio; 07-05-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:25 PM
engiNERD350Z

Originally Posted by jcn30127
Anyone that thinks they are better than you because of the type, brand, or cost of the vehicle they are driving, is an idiot.

I know plenty of very wealthy people who prefer to drive inconspicuous or simple types of vehicles. Heck, look at what Sam Walton drove.
Exactly. The CEO of the company I work for drives an F-150. He's a billionaire.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:30 PM
lunartick13

I too had a similar thing happen to me a while back, I was coming to a stop light. I was on the right lane and on the left lane there was this chic on a Z Roadster. I felt like I should say something nice about her car. I said "nice car" SilverStone was my second choice...She turned and looked at me with this snoby look on her face and said "LeMans was my last choice"...Ok even if it was her last choice, it was just the way she said it and the tone of voice she used...My responce was " have a nice day!

Last edited by lunartick13; 07-05-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Aggro_Al

Most Z and G owners aren't like that. Just take it as an isolated incident. Be friendly and it will come back around.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 AM
35oZephyR

Stupid breezy!

It's one thing to be ignorant, it's another thing to be completely arrogant and rude to fellow motorist when he's trying to give you a compliment.

On a side note,
I find it equally annoying when people are on a crusade to educate you about your own car.

I encountered a pretty cool guy in an early-model domestic muscle car at a stoplight. He was polite and so was I, but I couldn't help but be sarcastic that day since I'm sort of tired of the whole G and Z comparison.

Guy: "Beautiful car, how do you like it???"
Me: "It can use a few more horses but I love it to death"
Guy: "Did you test drive the G35 too?"
Me: *acting with blank face* "Um...no...should I?"
Guy: "Yeah man they're both practically the same car...Nissan makes Infiniti"
Me: "No f*cking way!! I didn't know that!"
Guy: "Are you kidding me?? They have the same engine!!"
Me: "Had I known the G35 had the same engine, I would have bought the G35! wow...that's amazing...have a nice day"

I know I know...I'm an arsehole.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:21 AM
jinsei888

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
Nope, he really did get shot. My friend and I had to chase the shooters down in the Supra and in The Beast. They were shooting at us with automatic weapons the whole time but in the end we really put the hurt on them.
don't forget about the part where you guys had to race through a train track, just barely passing paths with the train and getting it all done in slow motion!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:26 AM
King Tut

Originally Posted by lucidazn
Wow ignorace is bliss...
Game Over.

</THREAD>

Old 07-06-2005, 06:18 AM
mpowers

Their is the G35 for people who like a "Grand Touring" sport cars. Hence thats why they are called 350GT in Japan and the like.
And then their is the "Z" for the Ture sports car Enthusiast.

On a side note: Nissan decided that the "G35" was not sporty enough to put Brembo brakes on it any more for 05 and up.

Quick Reply: Yall aint gonna believe this...