Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Yall aint gonna believe this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 06:47 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

of all the Z and Gs I saw this weekend not a one even waved, flashed their lights or anything...Ive decided most G and Z owners are dicks anyway I keep flashing my lights and waving anyway.....
Old 07-06-2005, 07:08 AM
foochdawg

I got more comments from people in other cars than people in Zs and Gs. I have only gotten like 2 Zs to respond to my thumbs up lol. One was a guy about my age(early 20s) in a white Z cruising robinson town center. I gave the thumbs up and he threw his fist in the air haha and honked as he passed me later. Then I saw a great condition 280Z and I starred and stuck my thumb out the window and and he threw his hand in the air with his thumb up like he has known me for years, thats about it lol. Gs seem to hate me.

I get a lot of complements and honks, that I return, from STIs.

The best one was on 279 heading to I-79. I was just cruising and I see a new '05 vette coming up on my left(LOVE the new styling and just the car in general). I didn't want to look like an idiot so I just looked out of the corner of my eye waiting for the vette to pass...he didn't. I look over and he is keeping pace with me.

Him:"Hey, I noticed your car from about a mile back. BEAUTIFUL car man...it's done RIGHT, love the wheels, perfect"
Me:"Thanks, same to you. How do you like the new vette."
Him:"Better than the old one, love it"
Me:"I agree, congrats"
Him:"Thanks, congrats yourself"

and he pulls away.

These guys were in there late 20s early 30s I would say. I expected a "My car is faster" and then he punches it kinda response but it was really cool. LOVE this car.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by foochdawg
I got more comments from people in other cars than people in Zs and Gs. I have only gotten like 2 Zs to respond to my thumbs up lol. One was a guy about my age(early 20s) in a white Z cruising robinson town center. I gave the thumbs up and he threw his fist in the air haha and honked as he passed me later. Then I saw a great condition 280Z and I starred and stuck my thumb out the window and and he threw his hand in the air with his thumb up like he has known me for years, thats about it lol. Gs seem to hate me.

I get a lot of complements and honks, that I return, from STIs.

The best one was on 279 heading to I-79. I was just cruising and I see a new '05 vette coming up on my left(LOVE the new styling and just the car in general). I didn't want to look like an idiot so I just looked out of the corner of my eye waiting for the vette to pass...he didn't. I look over and he is keeping pace with me.

Him:"Hey, I noticed your car from about a mile back. BEAUTIFUL car man...it's done RIGHT, love the wheels, perfect"
Me:"Thanks, same to you. How do you like the new vette."
Him:"Better than the old one, love it"
Me:"I agree, congrats"
Him:"Thanks, congrats yourself"

and he pulls away.

These guys were in there late 20s early 30s I would say. I expected a "My car is faster" and then he punches it kinda response but it was really cool. LOVE this car.
Yeah, I've seen the same things pretty much. Had a 20 something guy give me a nod from a 300zx and a 20 something guy from a 350z give me a nod and then we both kind of paced each other for a while. It was awesome, but most G owners I've seen (Present company excluded I'm sure, ) have given me a look like (damn kids and there cheap rip off's of my car). Haha, I just laugh and rev the engine and punch it. I'll show them damn kids when they're staring at my tail lights!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
UCLAzzz

I choose the Z over the G, I test drove both, and could afford either one, but choose the base model Z because I wanted to start modding right away. I would have felt like I was throwing too much money away if I would have purchased a new G or higher end Z! In the end I think I should have bought a used Z, so I could justify to myself getting rid of used parts easier then my brand spanking new parts on my 05 base Z. Oh well, I saved tons of money getting the base model, which I use as justificatoion to start modding right away....! To each their own!! I love the car BTW, get compliments and envious stares all the time....
Old 07-06-2005, 10:44 PM
itburns

Originally Posted by OUphidelt
I was under the impression that the A4 was more along the lines of the Passat? The A3 being closer to the jetta/golf platform?
There's an A3? Must be Euro market only, huh?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:55 PM
itburns

Originally Posted by lunartick13
I too had a similar thing happen to me a while back, I was coming to a stop light. I was on the right lane and on the left lane there was this chic on a Z Roadster. I felt like I should say something nice about her car. I said "nice car" SilverStone was my second choice...She turned and looked at me with this snoby look on her face and said "LeMans was my last choice"...Ok even if it was her last choice, it was just the way she said it and the tone of voice she used...My responce was " have a nice day!
Try to put yourself in her carseat for a second. She prolly thought that you were cutting her choice of color, so she reacted defensively. I can see that happening, although it would have been very short-sighted of her to not recognize a compliment and instead choose to hear an insult. She is prolly an eternal pessimist.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:07 PM
sokudo9l6

Originally Posted by itburns
Try to put yourself in her carseat for a second. She prolly thought that you were cutting her choice of color, so she reacted defensively. I can see that happening, although it would have been very short-sighted of her to not recognize a compliment and instead choose to hear an insult. She is prolly an eternal pessimist.
i agree...i was going to say the same.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:38 AM
lunartick13

Originally Posted by sokudo9l6
i agree...i was going to say the same.
Yeah! I hear you...I have to work on my compliments..
Old 07-07-2005, 10:46 AM
OUphidelt

The A3 has been recently released in the US market. Kind of a neat little car. Kinda looks like a Mazda3 Hatchback.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:14 PM
silverspeedz

i cant stand g 35 drivers they all think they are so much better than we are just because of a stupid lable all that does is say im a snob and spent twice as much as you did for the same dam car. The z is faster anyway i would have smoked her got in front of her and tested out those brimbos
Old 07-07-2005, 01:18 PM
pimp1911

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
Yeah, the same thing happened to me and my buddy when we were cruising up north on the PCH in my Supra. We pulled up next to this guy with his girlfriend in this black Ferrari and we told him that he had a nice car. He looked over at us really snobbish and told us it was Ferrari and we couldn't afford one and started revving his engine. At that time we knew it was on and my buddy looked over at me and said smoke em ....

Hmm deja vu. I could of sworn I have heard that before.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverspeedz
i cant stand g 35 drivers they all think they are so much better than we are just because of a stupid lable all that does is say im a snob and spent twice as much as you did for the same dam car. The z is faster anyway i would have smoked her got in front of her and tested out those brimbos
I don't believe that's the whole consensus. There is some ego-tripping on BOTH sides of the Z-G debate but in the end we all know it shares the same platform and brand-make.

The only snobs are the ones that know jack about either cars or don't even know that the Z and G are built on the same platform. And you might want to check your price figures, a premium optioned Z costs as much as a G35c. It comes down to preference with many folks on these boards.

Damn...this reminds me of the mid-nineties debates between the n/a Supra and the Lexus SC300.

You look back and you have to wonder:
"What f*ck was all the fuss about? They're both two different styled cars,sharing similar parts, BUT for two different types of people."

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 07-07-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
night350z

Default she is wack

that girl is wack yo. dont trip off her.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:33 PM
RBlover69

the funny thing with this situation with Gs and Zs i had a similar expeirence with a G owner (not to stereo type) but this guy was on some old, "you cant beat this man its a skyline in japan". I was like and, nice car, ...he reved and i was like are you serious,.......im like dude nice car , hes like puzzy. !! so thats when im like f this , we go after 2nd i pull and 3rd i pull and 4th i pull, ..and i slowed down and was like, ....aint that a *****. lol. Z33s skylines , i dont care man, it doesnt pay to be a azz, and then get spanked. lol
Old 07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by RBlover69
the funny thing with this situation with Gs and Zs i had a similar expeirence with a G owner (not to stereo type) but this guy was on some old, "you cant beat this man its a skyline in japan". I was like and, nice car, ...he reved and i was like are you serious,.......im like dude nice car , hes like puzzy. !! so thats when im like f this , we go after 2nd i pull and 3rd i pull and 4th i pull, ..and i slowed down and was like, ....aint that a *****. lol. Z33s skylines , i dont care man, it doesnt pay to be a azz, and then get spanked. lol
Yeah what people don't get is the "Skyline" namebadge is a run off the mill Nissan passenger car in Japan. With all sub-variants to the Skyline name, they're pretty damn common over there.

It's a nice car but not a performance beast.

It's the "GTR" that is of the potent status.

"you cant beat this man its a skyline in japan"
What a tool.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:43 PM
zrdude

That's crazy--all I get is compliments around here in SJ on my ZR... I had the exact opposite experience at a stop light not too long ago. A drop dead gorgeous girl driving an Audi TT convertible pulls up next to me at the light and we've both got our tops down. She looks over at me and says "Great car," I say, "thanks, you too," she says "thanks, but I like yours better" and drives off as the light turns green....and I'm thinking "****--why does this only happen once you're already married!" heh heh

From the sounds of it, I bet you that lady driving the Infiniti would sell it if she knew it was really just a Nissan!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Mr_Q

She threw up a thumbs down, and commented that I in no way could afford her car, that it was an Infiniti, and in no way comparable to a Nissan. .
I would have gotten out of my car and dropped a huge fresh one on her shiny waxed hood and watched it slide down her superior, unaffordable, paint and finish.

Then shouted with a huge shi--y grin, "I wanna cut off your head and play with your blood!"
Old 07-10-2005, 10:31 PM
FormulaRX

I was under the impression that the A4 was more along the lines of the Passat? The A3 being closer to the jetta/golf platform?
You sir are correct. Being a LONG time VW/Audi enthusiast and knowing these cars pretty much inside out, I always get Audi guys mad at me when I tell them that their A4's are nothing but Passats with leather LOL

Prior to 1998, the Passat (B4 chassis) had very little in common with the Audi A4, but rather more in common with the Jetta. When the B5 chassis was introduced as the Audi A4 in 1997, it came with the V6 first before the 1.8T and was followed by the B5 Passat which was an identical car except for a few options, body shape, and the VW emblem. The VR6 engine was no longer offered in the Passat but rather the 2.8L V6 of the Audi to further confirm the two car's similarities. If you open the hood of an Audi and Passat regardless of whether they have the V6 or the 1.8T engine, you will notice that even though the car is front wheel drive (for the ones that weren't equipped with Quattro) the engines are still mounted north-south or longitudinal unlike most front wheel drive cars with the engine mounted east-west or transverse, for example in the Golf and Jetta, which is why the Audi TT shares the same platform as the Golf because it's engine is mounted transverse. And to the question above, yes the Audi A3 is their small hatchback that is based on the Golf that was sold in Europe. I think the US only got the A3 wagon or something like that.

Anyway, enough of this VW/Audi stuff...this is a Z forum but I just wanted to clarify since the topic came up.

But yes I do agree that there are too many dumbass people who don't deserve the cars they buy. Imagine if they knew the truth when they find out that in Japan their "upscale" Lexus SC is sold as a Toyota Soarer, IS300 as a Toyota Altezza, and Acura TSX as the Honda Accord. People here in the US are blinded by name brand which is why Japanese automakers can sell them cars at a higher price than they're worth simply by making them think that they bought something better. A majority of the NSX guys (maybe almost all of them) really know that their cars are Hondas, although I cannot say that for 100% of them cuz I'm sure there's always some fool who is clueless but just has the money to buy it.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by FormulaRX
You sir are correct. Being a LONG time VW/Audi enthusiast and knowing these cars pretty much inside out, I always get Audi guys mad at me when I tell them that their A4's are nothing but Passats with leather LOL
Great post FormulaRX, very informative on the VW chasis/ motor configurations.

I have a buddy with a B6 A4 and he was in the show scene. He's really cynical about the whole Passat relationship but he's an enthusiast who's come to terms with it and exercises self-mockery.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 PM
FormulaRX

yeah for the front drive Audi and Passats, they figured they would keep the same longitudinal engine config so that they would save cost when offering it with the Audi Quattro AWD or VW 4-motion system, that way they don't have to make 2 seperate engine layout just to offer two different types of drive train. But in a way it benefits the front drive cars because the tranny is mounted inline with the car like a rear drive car instead of on the side of the engine like front drive and hence both drive shafts are equal length which minimizes the car pulling to either the left or right upon accerlation as it would in a front drive car with unequal length drive shafts. This is even more important when you start modding the car and upping the turbo boost like so many of the 1.8T guys do.