Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Yall aint gonna believe this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:55 PM
OUphidelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yall aint gonna believe this...

Ok, I was on my way home from church today, top down, enjoying the weather. As I pulled up to an intersection, I noticed a REALLY clean black G35 with the brembos etc, Looked like it had just been waxed. It was NICE. The woman driving had her windows down and noticed me looking (read drooling) over her car. I gave her the thumbs up and said "Nice car, I would have gotten one of those except I wanted a roadster." She threw up a thumbs down, and commented that I in no way could afford her car, that it was an Infiniti, and in no way comparable to a Nissan. I must have had a wierd look on my face, but I asked her if she knew that the G35 and the Z were 'sister' cars with the same motors etc. To which she replied "Ya right, Infiniti is a completely different brand of car, dumba**".

THEN SHE TRIED TO RACE ME. Tried being the operative word. First of all, if you are gonna race a stick, know how to drive it. Secondly, WHAT A BlTCH.

And am I on glue or does a ZR sticker for MORE than a 6spd G?

I really wanted to hit her. bad. grrr.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:19 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I priced a fully loaded 6 Spd G with Nav and it was the exact same price as a fully loaded Touring Roadster.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:34 PM
chingwithbling

Ignorant fool....
Old 07-03-2005, 09:45 PM
medic165

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that doesn't surprise me at all. Too many ignorant people out there don't even know what they drive, and yes, there's 350z drivers included and this fool with her G35.
You should have smoked her ***.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:53 PM
tekk

there are Z drivers that say that the G is not a real sports car (compared to the Z), or that the Z is an absolutely 'better' car.

in general though people arent like this. i have a black G and would have given you the thumbs up in return if it were me. i appreciate cars of all kinds but i esp like nissans and infinitis..the closer to home the better. do not let yourself believe that one individual represents a majority...
Old 07-03-2005, 09:58 PM
lucidazn

Wow ignorace is bliss...
Old 07-03-2005, 10:00 PM
kvn8

i had an experience somewut like urs.. except it was completely different.. loll

a friend of a friend had a white g35c and i was in the Z.. we stopped at a gas station n we were talkin about each others car and i said i wouldnt mind trading in the Z for a g35c bcuz at that time i wanted more pass. seats.. and he said he'd trade in his g35 anyday for a Z and i jsut smiled
Old 07-03-2005, 10:03 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my coworkwers asked if my '05 G35 6MT Sedan was a hyundai.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
nicolaycastro

Originally Posted by QuadCam
One of my coworkwers asked if my '05 G35 6MT Sedan was a hyundai.
he was probably jealous...
Old 07-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Sensation350Z

wow what a b!tch. I got the same thing from a girl in her Mustang. I just laughed and drove off.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:03 AM
michae1jr6

she needs be spanked by my beast
Old 07-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Aggro_Al

Yeah, the same thing happened to me and my buddy when we were cruising up north on the PCH in my Supra. We pulled up next to this guy with his girlfriend in this black Ferrari and we told him that he had a nice car. He looked over at us really snobbish and told us it was Ferrari and we couldn't afford one and started revving his engine. At that time we knew it was on and my buddy looked over at me and said smoke em ....
Old 07-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Roger V

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
Yeah, the same thing happened to me and my buddy when we were cruising up north on the PCH in my Supra. We pulled up next to this guy with his girlfriend in this black Ferrari and we told him that he had a nice car. He looked over at us really snobbish and told us it was Ferrari and we couldn't afford one and started revving his engine. At that time we knew it was on and my buddy looked over at me and said smoke em ....
Old 07-04-2005, 12:42 AM
zipgun

Originally Posted by nicolaycastro
he was probably jealous...
Or he actually is that stupid
Old 07-04-2005, 12:51 AM
ZinFla

wow someone watches the fast and the furious a little too much. haha thats the scene with vin diesel and paul walker after just finishing the supra. go wearing the glasses was a dick and in the widepan shot you can see he drives up like a few seconds later. lol very nice try buddy. ;-)
Old 07-04-2005, 02:03 AM
tonio

should've told her to read the sticker between the driver side door on her "completely different brand" infiniti
Old 07-04-2005, 02:23 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

NO, it's...

"Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?"

"More than you can afford pal, Ferrari."

And to the thread author, it's obvious that she doesn't know much about anything pertaining to cars. You should've let her know that during your little exchange
Old 07-04-2005, 07:06 AM
EM-EFER

Hey this sounds familiar.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:07 AM
theonetheonly

Wait all Infinitis are Nissans, next thing you are going to tell me is that all Lexus are Toyota....

some people are just so stupid...that is why marketing works
Old 07-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theonetheonly
Wait all Infinitis are Nissans, next thing you are going to tell me is that all Lexus are Toyota....

some people are just so stupid...that is why marketing works
Exactly.

One of the executives at work drives a G35 and noticed that I've got the 35th 350Z. He said that the Z was the poor man's G ... until I pointed out my Z was a few thousand more than his sedan even if he had got the premium package that he didn't get. I test drove the G and the Z and liked the handling of the Z better. I actually bought the sports car for the sporty drive - not the looks or the name!

I guess at age 45 I should be driving the G and leave the Z's to the younger guys huh?

(heck no! )

Quick Reply: Yall aint gonna believe this...