Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

should I part my car out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:47 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B-Unit
Looking at how much $$ youve invested into the Z, this is quite an oxymoron. What are you at?? like around 20k in mods?
well, i meant to have the Z w/ mods AND another 50K car + mods tied up is what I meant....

Everyone is telling me to not sell it either. I don't know. I just bought a bunch of stuff I haven't installed yet either, but the M really is a step above and it has a back seat, (a small one) but still! I know alot of 350Z owners that switched to the M3 as well and they are very happy they did so. I DUNNO! I DUNNO!

I do know that I will definitely part it out if I decide to go through with the sell.

lol,
m3
porsch turbo
f430
so we are still close to thinking alike though. i don't know how far i will get into that car list though, that M3 is definitely a reach up there. I have already found an M3 that I want, but I don't know how long it will be around as I still haven't decided what I am going to do with the Z, and if I do decie to sell it I would have to take off the mods then you know so...

I
Old 07-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Booo! Sorry to see that you are deciding to possibly sell. Atleast you are upgrading if you do You would be a great member to lose....I mean come on, who else is going to flash us for free on the web

Last edited by Rickdogg; 07-05-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
DBZCat

:/
Old 07-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Superhung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My g/f has an '04 M3 and I was sold immediately =) The only problems I see in the long run, so far with the M3, is the maintenance costs.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:50 PM
350G

Now is not the time to purchase an M3 . . . once the new version comes out, the obsolete ones will depreciate at a higher level. Plus, you'll probably want the new one anyways

As for what to do with the Z . . . been there, done that. I had about $20K in mods and managed to get approx $31K for an 03 Performance with 18800mi. If I had to do it all over again, I would have "asked" for around $35K since EVERYONE tries to low ball you. Being a fair person, I simply said I want $31K. Figuring someone would jump on it, I didn't consider the hundreds of emails / phone calls from people saying:

1) I'll give you $29K
2) I'll give you X amount and a used Y
3) (Then of course, they up the ante)

On eBay, my car had over 11000 hits and 70 watchers for the auction. Not a single bid--I'm 99% sure its my fault for pricing it reasonably and having a no reserve auction. Sure, I received tons of phone calls the following day asking when I would relist, which I didn't have to, but the headache was a pain! No matter what you do, people will talk you down and you won't get but a fraction of your mod total.

Oh well, M35 here I come!

G
Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 PM
DBZCat

QUESTION! so.... when I put the car back to completely stock which is what I intend on doing... I had the ecu patch harness with my vortech so there is no evidence of wire splicing, the only thing is the oil tap... how do i go about selling the car, saying that it previously had a supercharger on it? or what? once I put everything back to stock does warranty now cover it again??? I just don't want someone calling me who bought the car pissed off cause it doesn't have any warranty..?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:52 PM
350G

If you can remove the Vortech rather inexpensively, I would do that . . . most people are leary of purchasing a FI 350Z since they have no clue how the owner treated it or if its been tuned correctly.

G
Old 07-05-2005, 07:56 PM
350G

Originally Posted by cat2102
QUESTION! so.... when I put the car back to completely stock which is what I intend on doing... I had the ecu patch harness with my vortech so there is no evidence of wire splicing, the only thing is the oil tap... how do i go about selling the car, saying that it previously had a supercharger on it? or what? once I put everything back to stock does warranty now cover it again??? I just don't want someone calling me who bought the car pissed off cause it doesn't have any warranty..?
Unless the dealer has "tagged" it in their system as being "out of warranty," then I think you're ok. Assuming it is ok and the vehicle seems to be fine working order, I'm not sure I would even mention that it had a SC with low miles. I wouldn't lie, but I'm sure it probably wouldn't be a selling point

Try to find a stock oil pan . . . someone with a greddy kit is bound to have one.

I never bothered to remove the TT because it would have been a nightmare. Parts relocated, pieces to find, blah, blah, blah . . . that's why it sold as is.

G

Last edited by 350G; 07-05-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:57 PM
DBZCat

edit: question answered above...
Old 07-05-2005, 08:03 PM
MADooit

I NEED YOUR WHEELS!!

I am tired of waiting for my ordered ones. I have seen you buy, sell and now maybe sell again and I’m still waiting!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:46 AM
nicolaycastro

I love the M3 too, but I would probably wait for the new one 2007 (?)
Old 07-06-2005, 07:15 AM
DBZCat

Originally Posted by nicolaycastro
I love the M3 too, but I would probably wait for the new one 2007 (?)
MADOOID (sent ya PM)

well, I know the new one is coming out, but I don't buy first year cars, plus it will be slightly more expensive since a V8 will be introduced and the M3 is already expensive, lol....

honestly though, from the pics I have seen of what the E90 is going to look like, I don't like it.....
Old 07-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Speedracer

don't get me wrong guys, I love the car. I just have never had a car longer than a year, it is some wierd cycle with me that I have gone through ever since I started driving.... and i got the car 1st of June 04. I'm having a hard time deciding to actually do it since I just did all that stuff and have a bunch of stuff sitting here that I haven't even installed yet....

at first I was just going to keep the Z, and have the M for a daily driver, but I thought it out and just don't want that much money tied up in depreciating assets right now...:/

I've always liked the M3. and yes, I know the Z is faster than the M but it wouldn't have to be that way forever.

I'm so torn. I love the Z, but I want the M!!

1. You must have A LOT of money

2. M3 engine is virtually impossible to tune for more power. You think FI is problematic on the Z? Wait til you try and supercharge the M3. You'll spend two days in the shop for every one on the road. Now....M3 is a killer ride, but it is car you really don't need to and shouldn't mod. It is so perfect from the factory.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:57 AM
DBZCat

Originally Posted by Speedracer
1. You must have A LOT of money

2. M3 engine is virtually impossible to tune for more power. You think FI is problematic on the Z? Wait til you try and supercharge the M3. You'll spend two days in the shop for every one on the road. Now....M3 is a killer ride, but it is car you really don't need to and shouldn't mod. It is so perfect from the factory.
Hence I am not planning on going FI or modding it to a performance extent. I love my Z and all, but I just don't driv it like I have power... I don't race it, don't track it. nothing, I drive it pretty passive except a few times, litterally less than 5!!! so... yeah... I agree, M3 is so perfect and it is enough HP for me for how I drive considering I only drive it to work and back. and try to always get out of driving it whenever possible....
Old 07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Fletch69z

Hence I am not planning on going FI or modding it to a performance extent. I love my Z and all, but I just don't driv it like I have power... I don't race it, don't track it. nothing, I drive it pretty passive except a few times, litterally less than 5!!! so... yeah... I agree, M3 is so perfect and it is enough HP for me for how I drive considering I only drive it to work and back. and try to always get out of driving it whenever possible....
You want an F430 though too? You want to marry me? I need more money to mod my Z. Tell you what: I'll sell my Z, take yours and you can get an F430 (as long as I can drive it every once in a while, ). I don't think my fiance would appreciate that though, haha.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
03znj
Know it all

If you do sell? how much for the vortech?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:48 PM
nicolaycastro

I dont know they seem like they have been changing the 3 series a lot. If I am not mistaken from 2001 front looks kind like the one on the current M3, on 2003-2004 it had a face lift and the M3 did not change, on 2005 current another facelift and the M3 did not change either.

Hopefuly it would look good, defenetly the only problem like you mentioned would be the price since it would be a V8.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:57 PM
ClaytonC01

i say part it out and give me first dibs!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
DBZCat

guys, I'm parting her out, i will make a thread in the for sale section shortly.