Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i hate tailgaters...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 07:46 PM
ssc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate tailgaters...

what is the deal?....seems like ppl always tailgate me when i'm in my Z. i get especially angry when these inconsiderate f'ers ride my *** when im going uphill....i almost hit some bastard in a s2000 today cuz he was right on my tail on a uphill stop light and i rolled back a bit as i was putting my car in gear. thank goodness i was on point with my shifting. btw, would it have been my fault if there was such a collision? i consider myself to be a pretty considerate driver and try not to offend others....i dont know why some ppl get so damn inconsiderate as soon as they get behind the wheels. maybe they feel inadequate and feel they need to prove something...i just wish they would stay away from me.
i just needed to vent
Old 07-10-2005, 07:48 PM
iheartZ

theyd get the ticket for following too closely... yea i hate bastard like that...
Old 07-10-2005, 09:27 PM
FormulaRX

I saw a stupid ricer Civic edged up right behind a big rig on an uphill freeway exit. When the light turned green, the truck did a little rollback and crushed the Civic's hood like it was a soda can ... serves him right. BTW I don't think it would be your fault if you did a rollback and hit the guy behind you. It's his fault for not keeping a safe distance.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:01 PM
asianrascal16

i've heard from someone that it would be your fault because you are suppose to have control of your car at all times. Please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
Old 07-10-2005, 10:14 PM
achen

Yea, I've always been curious as to who's fault it would be if that happened.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Edison_Chen

I'm kinda caught in the middle..

Are you officially allowed to roll back?

on the other side, he probably at fault as well.. because he literally tailgated you..
Old 07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Aloha350z

My guess would be that it would be your fault if you roll back (since you're the one that's moving).

Solution: Maybe you need to get out of your car and advise them of your roll-back. If they don't want you to hit their car, they'll move back.

This is why I try to avoid uphill stop lights like the plague. And if need to, I start rolling back as a car approaches so that they know I'm driving an MT.

Just adding my .02
Old 07-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Edison_Chen

I do that sometimes too.. Roll back a little to let them know you may be rolling back
Old 07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
05 NISMO

well... I would also look behind me everytime I am at a stop, helps to know if some assho*e is too close.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only thing i hate more than tailgaters is sunday drivers, ie, people who drive slow in the fast lane.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:01 PM
FormulaRX

that's why sometimes I use the parking break to prevent rollback on a hill...it's elementary I know but better safe than sorry, plus it preserves my clutch a little bit...but yeah you gotta love the system in this country...if a robber can sue you and win because he got injured in your house while robbing you, I wouldn't be surprised that it would be your fault even if the guy was riding your bumper.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:14 PM
BigBud

allways use the parking brake if you're launching uphill...it's elementary...it would be your fault if you hit him...it's some of the basics here in Belgium...if you can't drive like that you can never obtain your drivers license...
Old 07-10-2005, 11:23 PM
cloudy

It all depends on your state really.. Like here in Arizona if you rear end someone, no matter what it is your fault. And iam pretty sure if you would of rolled back and hit him, it would have been his fault because he was 2 close. There is a 2second rule in AZ. Have to be exactly 2seconds behind him. And if he was close enough that you barely roll back and hit him then it would be his fault.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:24 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by FormulaRX
that's why sometimes I use the parking break to prevent rollback on a hill...it's elementary I know but better safe than sorry, plus it preserves my clutch a little bit...but yeah you gotta love the system in this country...if a robber can sue you and win because he got injured in your house while robbing you, I wouldn't be surprised that it would be your fault even if the guy was riding your bumper.
Oh and the robber law is, you can shoot him if he is outside your house, but once he gets in you are not allowed to shoot. Lol so make sure you shoot him before he gets in.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:21 AM
ssc

yes, it would be very interesting to know for sure what the law here would have to say about a situation like that....i dont know of anyone who has had this happened to them, thank goodness...and i dont plan on finding out the hard way what would happen. i guess i'll try using the hand brake from now on, sigh...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:40 AM
s3fddiZ

I don't mind tailgaters as much as i hate those bastards who use their windshield washers on the damn freeway . I swear i'm behind someone as soon as i wash my car. I wish car manufacturers would stop putting these windshield washers on cars. If your f'in windshield is dirty, pull over to a gas station and clean it.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:50 AM
zpeed350

I agree that is is the fault of the driver behind you for following to close.

I just learned in driver retraining class (ooops) what the textbook distance is that you should leave between you and the car in front of you when you are at a stop.

You should always leave enough space so you can see the rear tires of the car infront of you touching the ground when at a stop.

Now none of us ever do this. But the reason is that in case the car infront of you stalls or something, you have enough space to get around. Any closer and your stuck.

So technically, that is how much space you are supposed to leave.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Aloha350z

This is why I try to avoid uphill stop lights like the plague. And if need to, I start rolling back as a car approaches so that they know I'm driving an MT.

Just adding my .02
Learn to drive your car I see a lot of you in here worrying about hitting people on your a$$ on a hill, or havin got use your e-brake-didnt you people learn to drive a MT properly? Even on a crazy hill, you shouldnt roll back more than an inch, two tops. Im sure people are close to you, but I have never seen anybody stop withing 1" of somebody else....
Old 07-11-2005, 09:14 AM
rxtrom

Originally Posted by s3fddiZ
I don't mind tailgaters as much as i hate those bastards who use their windshield washers on the damn freeway . I swear i'm behind someone as soon as i wash my car. I wish car manufacturers would stop putting these windshield washers on cars. If your f'in windshield is dirty, pull over to a gas station and clean it.

Thats what I use when people are tailgating me!! I hit them with my overspray till they back off. I am thinking of modding the rear one to shoot right at them.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Vertex350

Tailgaters suck.

Quick Reply: i hate tailgaters...