Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
T Bird.

Duck & cover!!
You're joking right?!!?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:38 PM
spacemn_spiff

It was S2000, STI or Z for me. STI was out because of 4 door. S2000 convertible, not a big fan, if they had coupe, I would have given it much more serious consideration. And I dont like how Honda tries to play mind games with horspower numbers, I dont see any impressive torque numbers.

But Z all along was my favorite, the 300ZX was my fav sports during college. I loved the new Nissan line up. So continuing my love for Z I had to buy a Z. I liked Z in everyway, the looks, exhaust note, performance, rear wheel drive, pure 2 seater, standard strut braces. There was no other complete sports car for the price.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:49 PM
maximapowr

I didn't really look at much. As a matter of fact, I never test drove anything. I was just browsing through ebay one day, pissed off that everyone in the world was driving a new car except for me. I've been driving a 1993 Nissan Maxima since 1995. It's been a great car for the last ten years, but It's not gonna live forever. Anyways, back to the ebay story, I saw a used 2002 M3 for a good deal, but after doing the math, it was outside of my price range. Then I did a search for a Z and came across this LS that I thought was too good to be true. The only way I was gonna buy a Z was if it was a 6MT Track, which this one was. It was a 2003 with 282 miles on it for a 26,295 Buy It Now. That weekend went to the new car auto show and looked at:

STi: I loved it and have always wanted one, but my brother has a WRX and I was tired of having a four door

Evo: Liked it alot too, but could not get passed the interior styling. By the way, Mitsubishi, the interiors of all your cars suck. Get somebody on fixing it asap...

RX-8: Turned my head several times on the road, just didn't like the fact that its doors were Saturnesque and the horsepower output was weak sauce.

This left me at the Z. Always loved it since it first came out since I am already a Nissan fan. I put my deposit down on ebay, had carchex inspect the car because it was in Chicago and I am in Houston, and took care of the financing and down payment all within two weeks. Had them ship the car on an enclosed carrier and have been in love ever since...
Old 07-12-2005, 12:54 PM
maximapowr

Oh, by the way, has anybody seen The Run. After that thing, I was sold. Coolest marketing idea ever (in Comic Book Guy's voice)
Old 07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
dashboard

i also waiting and excited for the next mazda rx7, but just get dissappointed when they brought out rx8, so fugly to me.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:37 PM
JRinTXrog

I did a lot of research on the boards. I looked and test drove a Audi TT. I loved the way the turbo felt when it kicked in. I talked to my buddy that was a used car salesman. He told me a Audi was a glorified VW and he would not have one. I started to do some research and foud out they have a lot of electrical problems, dash problems and cluster problems, I looked ath the S2000, It looked too small. I looked at the RX8, I heard nightmares of stories about how tempremental they were. I really wants a G35, just did not want to spend the extra $5000.00 and I thought the Z looked more aggressive. I could not afford a Vette. In my opion the Z was the perfect car and looked the best of them all.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:50 PM
JoeyFyed

I dont have my Z yet, but im only 17 and once i get my 3,000 down payment its mine. Few months to go.

STi - Great performance, but an ugly car IMO.
BMW Z4 2.5 - Brother already has a 2004 325Ci, the power is good enough, hes paying around 450 a month and i really dont wanna spend around that much for a car with those mediocre numbers.
G35 - Prefer the Z. Lol
Mini Copper S - FWD, that completely ruined it for me.
VW R32 - Beautiful car, but they stopped production on those, the new R36 will be out and be a great car, but it will have there new styling and, well.. its hideous.

So its the 350z, ive loved the car since 3 years ago when i first saw one, a few of my friends have them and there goregeous. A 2004 Enth. in SS AUTO, and a SB BASE 2003. The Z is "Zexy" =]
Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 PM
KingOfV6

Default rivals

my story is short at sweet. i bought an s2000(i was a hondaboy)...my bro totalled it...insurance covered it, and i didnt even think of getting another s2K when i saw the damage... then i buy the rival sports car 350z....i always knew it was the better sports car and i always liked the Z, and i knew it was a little faster on the top end..... so my love for sports cars just made me pick the best one.....the Z,,, in the end everything does work out....

Last edited by KingOfV6; 07-12-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:19 AM
newto350z

first wanted to import a Renault Clio V6 (little hatchback) great looking and mega power for a little car. but the exchange rate euro - dollar made this too expensive.next was the STI, I was totally set on that. But the dealer didn't want to let me drive it??? I will never buy a car without testing it. Looked at boxters and TT, but wasn't really happy. Thought about tuning my Jetta 1.8T... Than I saw the Z... the more I read the better I like it. I am thinking about a track model in blue or yellow. or maybe this awesome deep purple I saw somewhere. Not sure about the mods, NISMO S parts and I want Sparco Fighter seats and maybe a momo steering wheel. I don't care for the music system as the engine is my music in this car. It seems to me the weight is the only real down point to the Z. Should I go with suspension from NISMO and the wheels? Or are others better. I don't want 19" wheels, I think 18" looks more normal on this car. A Turbo sounds great but I think I will wait a little with that. And nice aerodynamics body kit might be in the future.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:45 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by newto350z
first wanted to import a Renault Clio V6 (little hatchback) great looking and mega power for a little car. but the exchange rate euro - dollar made this too expensive.next was the STI, I was totally set on that. But the dealer didn't want to let me drive it??? I will never buy a car without testing it. Looked at boxters and TT, but wasn't really happy. Thought about tuning my Jetta 1.8T... Than I saw the Z... the more I read the better I like it. I am thinking about a track model in blue or yellow. or maybe this awesome deep purple I saw somewhere. Not sure about the mods, NISMO S parts and I want Sparco Fighter seats and maybe a momo steering wheel. I don't care for the music system as the engine is my music in this car. It seems to me the weight is the only real down point to the Z. Should I go with suspension from NISMO and the wheels? Or are others better. I don't want 19" wheels, I think 18" looks more normal on this car. A Turbo sounds great but I think I will wait a little with that. And nice aerodynamics body kit might be in the future.
I love the nismo suspension. If you want a true race suspension, I'd go with something else. But for a car that's tuned more for street performance, I think the suspension with the sways is top-notch. And while I don't have the Nismo rims, I do have wheels that are the same sizes and approx. the same weight and they are great also.

The s-tune stuff is pretty pricey, but if you have a dealership that will work with you, you might be able to get the stuff at a discount if you buy them with the car like I did.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:00 AM
NTRIGUE

94-95 Acura NSX (would have to rebuild/replace motor before Comptech S/C)

04-05 Infiniti G35 (had to see some track time before I settled down)

93-95 Mazda RX-7 (didn't have the patience to a) search for factory stock unmodded b) rebuild the motor

04-05 Acura TL (see Infiniti G35 - would have been a car I owned for at least 6 years)

02-03 Honda S2000 (overpriced in my zip - would have spent too much on mods)
Old 07-13-2005, 01:36 AM
heezyo2o

Picked up a Z recently, and though it's a fun car and a great value for your dollar, I'd easily swap for a M3 or a boxster given a choice.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:25 AM
Stuff

I was 100% set on getting an Evo. I toyed with the idea for 2 years, before finally deciding to buy one. I go down to a dealer, and it takes them all of 30 minutes to anger me so much that I don't want to buy from them or anyone else. Great car though.

So, I'm driving around a few days later and I see a Daytona Blue roadster drive by and I thought casually "I should get a roadster".

Then something in my mind broke. I heard a little crack inside my head.

A few days later, I drove one. A few days after that, I bought one.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by heezyo2o
Picked up a Z recently, and though it's a fun car and a great value for your dollar, I'd easily swap for a M3 or a boxster given a choice.
If that's really what floats yer boat, you could have easily gotten a lightly used Boxster for the price of a Z. I looked at a whole bunch, but when i finally went to test drive it, found I didn't fit. Oh well.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Swap for M3, fine.

Swap for 911, fine.

Swap for Boxster? WTF?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Fletch69z

RX8, STI, went with the Z because I loved my Spec V before it. The RX8 has no power and while it is fun to drive and is a good looking car I just couldn't put up with no get up and go. The STI is awesome but at the time they were price gouging them and I could get a used 03 Z for about as much as a new Altima, .
Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 AM
NTRIGUE

Originally Posted by Z2000Maximaguy
Swap for Boxster? WTF?
LMAO ... then ... AGREE
Old 07-13-2005, 02:33 PM
heezyo2o

Originally Posted by Qbrozen
If that's really what floats yer boat, you could have easily gotten a lightly used Boxster for the price of a Z. I looked at a whole bunch, but when i finally went to test drive it, found I didn't fit. Oh well.
yeah, it's a tight fit. Just need a little more clearance for my knees and it'd be great.

If I ended up choosing a track or 35 anny, I'd consider a used boxster a bit more, but ended up with a base. That's about a $8k difference right there so my choice was made.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
FairladyZi

I was looking at the M3, S4, Evo MR, also G35 which I love but did not feel too good in [im 6’2]… and I ended up getting Z.
My choice was affected by my trade-in, another Nissan
Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM
LugZ

1995 240SX and dump the cash I save into an RB25det swap.
IS300
WRX sti
GS400
540i

Quick Reply: Before you bought your Z...