Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[B]Please HELP. Im DOING THIS SOON[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 06:42 AM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bballmj99
sorry i didnt make this more clear. My absolute Max I could spend is 3,000 on this. So 1 thousand would be basically gone for the CF parts. Is 2Grand enough to paint the whole thing??
These people are crazy. You for sure can get a paint job for $2K. You can get a carshow quality paintjob for that price actually as long as you aren't changing colors. Changing colors will cost at least $4K. I have never seen a good fitting CF part ever. I wouldn't bother but if by chance, you found some good ones. I would just leave them CF.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:54 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TK2005
These people are crazy. You for sure can get a paint job for $2K. You can get a carshow quality paintjob for that price actually as long as you aren't changing colors. Changing colors will cost at least $4K. I have never seen a good fitting CF part ever. I wouldn't bother but if by chance, you found some good ones. I would just leave them CF.
Yep...good luck with that.

FWIW, my Seibon CF hood fit on my car perfectly with almost no adjustment.. The latch mates up so well that I'm not even using hood pins......So much for your theory.

I do agree with you though that unless it's a style change, there is no point in painting CF. The stock hood is very lightweight, so you won't gain anything there. You'd save some weight on the rear hatch though.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:44 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by kcobean
Yep...good luck with that.

FWIW, my Seibon CF hood fit on my car perfectly with almost no adjustment.. The latch mates up so well that I'm not even using hood pins......So much for your theory.

I do agree with you though that unless it's a style change, there is no point in painting CF. The stock hood is very lightweight, so you won't gain anything there. You'd save some weight on the rear hatch though.
Tell you what. I'll give you the number of someone here in Houston that paints show cars for $2000 dollars as long as there is no color change. His work has lifetime guarentee. You can PM me your phone number and I'll tell him to call you because I don't want to waste this guys time with everyone calling him to check prices for work they don't intend to have done.
What theory....CF parts don't fit for $hit. I am glad you are one of the lucky ones that got something that fits. Maybe this Seibon company is something to look at as I have never had any of their parts most CF parts from other companies don't fit at all and if you disagree then you just haven't seen enough CF parts. Every CF part has to be modified to fit.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

What theory....CF parts don't fit for $hit.
Spend some real dough, get some JDM CF parts, then talk. My C-West and EVERYONE who's bought that C-West CF full kit can tell you it fits better than factory parts. Stop hatin on kcobean. He's just trying to help. I'm not caring too much about your $2000 paintjob crap, but to say all CF don't fit for ****, you need to start opening your eyes and see that there are people who shell out a lot of money for perfect fitting CF parts, so yes they do exist.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:36 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by nitrouz
Spend some real dough, get some JDM CF parts, then talk. My C-West and EVERYONE who's bought that C-West CF full kit can tell you it fits better than factory parts. Stop hatin on kcobean. He's just trying to help. I'm not caring too much about your $2000 paintjob crap, but to say all CF don't fit for ****, you need to start opening your eyes and see that there are people who shell out a lot of money for perfect fitting CF parts, so yes they do exist.
You can rant and rave til you turn blue. I own a shop and these kids bring their stuff to me and everything needs to be modified. I don't sell the parts so I don't know what brand they are. I actually converted the body shop into a mechanic shop because of people buying shitty parts that I had to spend countless hours modifying and then the customer doesn't want to pay the extra cost. Great for you and your friends that bought high quality parts that fit great. I will almost guarantee the parts had to be modified to fit anyway. It's nice when a hater comes in here to tell me to quit hatin' on someone else. I only speak fact. If it is my opinion, I say it is my opinion. Why don't you spend some real dough and open your own body shop and see what is going on in the real world. I am not sure how many body kit installations you have been part of but I am willing to bet I have done more in a day than you will in your life. I never said the parts don't exist, just that I have never seen any. Ask your body man how much modification your parts needed to be put on your car. He may say very little, almost none, not that much, or something similar but he will definitely not say none at all.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

You can rant and rave til you turn blue. I own a shop and these kids bring their stuff to me and everything needs to be modified. I don't sell the parts so I don't know what brand they are. I actually converted the body shop into a mechanic shop because of people buying shitty parts that I had to spend countless hours modifying and then the customer doesn't want to pay the extra cost. Great for you and your friends that bought high quality parts that fit great. I will almost guarantee the parts had to be modified to fit anyway. It's nice when a hater comes in here to tell me to quit hatin' on someone else. I only speak fact. If it is my opinion, I say it is my opinion. Why don't you spend some real dough and open your own body shop and see what is going on in the real world. I am not sure how many body kit installations you have been part of but I am willing to bet I have done more in a day than you will in your life. I never said the parts don't exist, just that I have never seen any. Ask your body man how much modification your parts needed to be put on your car. He may say very little, almost none, not that much, or something similar but he will definitely not say none at all.
whoa u gotta stop being so cocky dude. I wasn't hatin, just stating the facts. You are willing to bet you have done more in a day than I will in my life? Sure you're on.

P.S. my body man = me.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:47 AM
kcobean

I mounted my hood myself, so I know if fit with no problem.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:57 AM
TK2005

whoa u gotta stop being so cocky dude. I wasn't hatin, just stating the facts. You are willing to bet you have done more in a day than I will in my life? Sure you're on.

P.S. my body man = me.

Body man or weekend enthusiast?

You'll find that cocky people generally know what they are talking about and that is why we're cocky.

Last edited by TK2005; 07-15-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

I'm a weekend enthusiast, but modding cars is a hobby to me. I'm not professional like you are or anything, probably not even close, but if someone like me can make CF pieces fit like a glove on my car and my friends cars, then these pieces do exist. Just don't go around saying that "all cf parts don't fit" or something like that. It makes you sound ignorant, because those parts that fit actually do exist. I'm sure you are right too that there are more parts that dont fit than those that fit perfectly, but don't generalize. Chill dude.

PS. Wow...you have an excuse/reason to be cocky? Nuff said. Grow up dude.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 AM
TK2005

I'm a weekend enthusiast, but modding cars is a hobby to me. I'm not professional like you are or anything, probably not even close, but if someone like me can make CF pieces fit like a glove on my car and my friends cars, then these pieces do exist. Just don't go around saying that "all cf parts don't fit" or something like that. It makes you sound ignorant, because those parts that fit actually do exist. I'm sure you are right too that there are more parts that dont fit than those that fit perfectly, but don't generalize. Chill dude.

PS. Wow...you have an excuse/reason to be cocky? Nuff said. Grow up dude.
I won't argue with you anymore because I can see why saying "all" CF parts don't fit bothers you and I am not here to bother members. From my experience 99% of CF parts don't fit without modding. I actually like the kit on your car and am glad to hear that it was such an easy install. Do they make it in Urethane? I don't believe I sounded ignorant because of all my experience but I guess maybe your lack of experience is what made me sound ignorant to you. Either way, I have always been cocky, I'll probably always be cocky, but I will do my best not to offend you......Internet friends?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

I won't argue with you anymore because I can see why saying "all" CF parts don't fit bothers you and I am not here to bother members. From my experience 99% of CF parts don't fit without modding. I actually like the kit on your car and am glad to hear that it was such an easy install. Do they make it in Urethane? I don't believe I sounded ignorant because of all my experience but I guess maybe your lack of experience is what made me sound ignorant to you. Either way, I have always been cocky, I'll probably always be cocky, but I will do my best not to offend you......Internet friends?
haha cool dude. I would have to agree I most likely lack experience compared to you, but honestly my parts fit well. I was once cocky like you too...until I got woken up when a cap busted my chest 2cm away from my heart. I was still cocky after that lol...but just kinda grew out of it. Anyways we're all just here to help eachother man. you gave your opinion, and I gave mine, that's all. Just don't insult me, and I won't either. Peace.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:06 AM
TK2005

haha cool dude. I would have to agree I most likely lack experience compared to you, but honestly my parts fit well. I was once cocky like you too...until I got woken up when a cap busted my chest 2cm away from my heart. I was still cocky after that lol...but just kinda grew out of it. Anyways we're all just here to help eachother man. you gave your opinion, and I gave mine, that's all. Just don't insult me, and I won't either. Peace.
Good enough for me......does that kit come in urethane?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Good enough for me......does that kit come in urethane?
No it doesnt. Either CF or fiberglass I believe.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:25 AM
TK2005

No it doesnt. Either CF or fiberglass I believe.
Well, it breaks my heart to paint over CF so I guess I have to keep looking for another kit.