Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Cerritos Nissan Tried to Sell us a damaged 350Z!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Qbrozen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jocam - i understand what you are saying, but, again, there is no way of knowing what the circumstances are of the damage. Maybe the "lot boy" did it when parking it and kept it a secret. Mr. Salesman goes out, jumps in, and drives it to you, without noticing what someone else did to the car. That's just one possible scenario.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:11 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like jocam23, I would have been POed. If nothing else it shows the dealer doesn't pay attention to his own product.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:26 AM
KingOfV6

Originally Posted by Qbrozen
jocam - i understand what you are saying, but, again, there is no way of knowing what the circumstances are of the damage. Maybe the "lot boy" did it when parking it and kept it a secret. Mr. Salesman goes out, jumps in, and drives it to you, without noticing what someone else did to the car. That's just one possible scenario.
if it was the lot boys fault and he kept it a secret thats still as bad as the salesmen keeping it secret, after all we are customers and you do what we want...or else
Old 07-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by KingOfV6
if it was the lot boys fault and he kept it a secret thats still as bad as the salesmen keeping it secret, after all we are customers and you do what we want...or else
So you can go kick the but of the 17-year-old kid for wasting your time. Will that make you feel better?

"or else" ... ummmm... you'll go elsewhere?

It's POSSIBLE, that this salesperson learned from this experience and will at least glance over a car before bringing it up to show to a customer.

Honestly, though, I don't think some of you would even care about that. And it also strikes me that you are the type of customer(s) who, even if the salesperson came back and said "oh, ya know, I'm sorry folks, but that car is damaged," you would have flipped out for them not checking it before even telling you it was there, etc. So there really was no winning for the salesperson in this instance.

Last edited by Qbrozen; 07-18-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:42 PM
anotheraznguy

Hey i have another cerritos nissan sale..
i picked up my 350z... from there.. and was missing one of the 2 master keys. They said its fine.. you can get it done at a local dealership and they will pay for it..
Now when i am trying to get the key done, they are saying you can't do that and no one will return my calls at all.. this is very vexing... I am unpleased by the what they have done.. also.. when i received the car.. the driver side door had a ding and was used with touch up paint.. then when i mentioned this issue to them they blatantly said sorry nothing we can do ie.. "go F yerself".. What a great dealership.. NOT REALLY
Old 07-18-2005, 01:10 PM
arejohn

Default Did you accept the car.

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
Hey i have another cerritos nissan sale..
i picked up my 350z... from there.. and was missing one of the 2 master keys. They said its fine.. you can get it done at a local dealership and they will pay for it..
Now when i am trying to get the key done, they are saying you can't do that and no one will return my calls at all.. this is very vexing... I am unpleased by the what they have done.. also.. when i received the car.. the driver side door had a ding and was used with touch up paint.. then when i mentioned this issue to them they blatantly said sorry nothing we can do ie.. "go F yerself".. What a great dealership.. NOT REALLY
Sounds like you purchased it at another dealer and picked it up at Cerritos.
The selling dealer is responsible for the second master key. If you did not like the door ding and did not feel it could be refixed to your liking, walk away.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:12 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think he noticed it after the sale was done. This happens all the time, its what dealers do. I literaly spent 1 whole hour scoping out my new z head to toe to make sure none of that bs was on my car. Happened to me when i bought my cobra and never again
Old 07-19-2005, 02:06 AM
armt350z

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Thats a big reason why i went to mossy nissan. they had a 24hr or 75mi. no questions asked return policy had i not been satisfied with the car. plus the customer service was really good.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:07 PM
lightforce18

Fields Infiniti Glenview is where I got my G. The first one he brang out they started washing it. Hes like just take it home today and bring it back tom and well isntall the spoiler. Well good thing I didnt take it home quick like he said. Upon inspection after they washed the car I noticed the front of the car was chipped in like 5 places, and next to the chips was a dent. Obviously this car was hit. I told him this cars been hit I dont want it. He said wow your right, and he luckily had another one in stock. So they went and got the next one for me the next day and all was well. But I wonder what would have happend if I took it home that night then noticed it the next day. Would the dealer have given me a new car or say sorry you probably did that not us. Oh well
Old 07-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Sensation350Z

Nissan isn`t exactly a highend company. If you want real costumer service, buy a BMW, Porshe, or a Lexus. The dealership`s main goal is to sell cars, they don`t care who`s feelings get hurt. It`s a dirty business.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:00 PM
bogey

Originally Posted by KingOfV6

but the lot boy doesn't have his name attaced to a customer satisfaction survey that determines whether he keeps his job
Old 07-19-2005, 03:46 PM
jocam23

Well, some of you guys may think I am overreacting a bit. Like I said before If the salesperson apologized for the damage up front rather than hoping we didn't notice I would have reacted differently...Maybe its just the line of work that I am in...I work in quality assurance and make sure the products I release out to my clients is 100% high quality with no errors. I may see things more differently than the average consumer...thanks for the support though...I may go to Duarte Nissan for their business instead
Old 07-19-2005, 03:53 PM
anotheraznguy

well i bought it from cerritos..
i am just more upset about the lack of a key and now how they won't even return a call of mine to get it fixed.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:57 PM
samurai1

Default Best Buying experience at Performance Nissan

I was a little hesitant to buy my Z at a dealership, especially since I had a bad sales experience at Foothill Nissan. I decided to go to Performance Nissan as a reference from the service manager. All the sales guys at Performance Nissan are incredible, also including all the guys in the parts dept. including Jeff, Jason and Tony. The sales guys made my experience just what I wanted. They were relaxed, they took their time explaining our credit and financing. They also offered snacks and drinks. I saw the Z I wanted as they were rolling it off the delivery truck with 1.5 miles on it. Give Performance Nissan a try in Duarte. Go see David Hudson, he's the sales guy I bought my Z from. You won't regret it.
Happy hunting!
Glenn
Old 07-19-2005, 06:23 PM
zYouLater

Should they inspect them every hour? It could have happened during the thirty minutes that you were waiting to see the car. All you had to do was relax, count to ten, insist on seeing the Manager. Make your feelings known and ask for a car that has no damage, You actualy had a great oppertunity to test drive the car since you were already there and had an easy out. You could have drove the car with the window down, cooled off enough to realize that it was much to do about nothing.

I think you might have some preconceaved ideas about Car Dealerships and their Salesmen. This is very commen and you might have reacted as a result of your former dealings or bad experience with Car Dealers in general.

Good Luck with your Honda!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:06 AM
arejohn

It's often the case that the coverup becomes a bigger issue than the actual event. There is no substitute for honesty.