Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Beware Of Idiots Parking Next To You!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Z350Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Beware Of Idiots Parking Next To You!

Hello Guys,

Sad news for me... got a dint on my driver side front fender because of of an idiot rear seat passenger of the car park next to me last night.... I think he/she just opened the door without any care at all to fit his/her huge butt into the car in front of the restaurant... just don't get it why are those people so careless about other people's cars... this guy/gal even left his/her brown camry paint on my car as well.... DAMN....

Just want to warn you guys need to be careful where you park and better select a larger parking spot next time too due to our wider bodies...

Does anyone know how to remove the dint without costing too much??? the paint did not drop off at all, neither my clear coat.. but just dented in...

Any suggestion will be welcomed!

cheers mate and safe motoring!

richie
Old 10-25-2003, 10:56 PM
ypwpat

hi rich, Well usually i try my best to find a carpark next to exotic cars :P such as BMW, Merc, or some Expensive cars ($50K plus) That i least i would feel safe, but still you never know. But any i'm sorry to hear about your dent and i don't know what solution to fix the dent.

At the moment for me is to worry the stone chip i had in the Bumper

Cheers
Old 10-25-2003, 11:27 PM
zuff

I've got a pretty good memory and tend to remember the plates when i park in spots that are iffy.

It would have been nice if you had the plate to go and file a police report.....hehehehe... wouldn't he have the *****.

Sorry to hear about the ding, it won't be cheap imho. I have a small scratch on the front bumper that i got quoted for 350 bucks.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:10 AM
ray_7

I just had the same thing happened to me.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:13 AM
apsilon

Sorry to hear that. I'd try one of the paintless dent removal places first. They're usually fairly cheap and they come to you.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Z350Lover

Thanks aps....

I have found one already... yet to contact them... will do that first thing tomorrow morning!

Here is the dent anyway...

cheers,

richie
Old 10-26-2003, 02:28 AM
apsilon

They should be able to get that out no problem. I was thinking it was down lower near the lip which could be difficult.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:33 PM
MELB350Z

Sorry to hear about the dent, some people have no idea/respect for other people's property.

Those dent removal people should be able to get that out, doesn't look too bad from that pic. If it was actually on the crease of the fender then you'd be struggling. Anyway, all the best hope it gets fixed and doesn't cost you too much.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:08 PM
harryw

Fuggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Richie, sorry to hear of your drama. I feel your pain. I always park where I am least likely to get hit, but, no matter where you park some **** will find you out and do that to your car without even giving it a second thought.

If I may, a little parking story.

My wife (who is very **** about parking) works part time in a shopping centre and she always parks away from anyone else, parks next to a pole and so on. This one day she parks in her normal park and some old fart mistakes the accelarator for the brakes and slams into her car and does a few grand damage.

You can never be too careful.

As always

H
Old 10-27-2003, 05:37 AM
KY350

That sux Richie. I will try and parallel park where ever possible to avoid opening doors. When I park beside another car, I always choose a spot next to a wide pillon and park as close to the pillon as possible, therby making it impossible for the drivers side to be hit while maximising the distance between my passangers side and the car beside. I never park between 2 cars as this is asking for a dent. Also, as Zuffy sugested, I look to park next to another nice car as I figure the driver may respect my car as much as I respect theirs.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:18 PM
CAR2

The other day I parked at a clients and FAR away from any other cars. When I get out there is this old fool 8" away from my car in an old Kombi (only about 1000 bays empty around him. I just stop him from damaging my car as he was trying to squeeze out. I really got miffed and I asked him "how far away do I have to park to avoid idiots like you?" He says he just trying to get some of my shade.....

Sigh....

Maybe the 20 cent solution is applicable. (cost of a bullet)
Old 10-27-2003, 08:50 PM
frosty

Default PARKING IDIOTS

I very rarely use the bays for the obvious reasons, but
iff forced to do so I park well away and only if there's plenty of
free bays, and then

I PARK OVER THE LINE and effectively use two bays.

Reckon I paid my luxury tax and therefore am entitled to a
few privilidges ! Fark'em. !

Take care even when parallel parking - towbars mess up
plastic airdams !

FROSTY (resurrected)
Old 10-27-2003, 09:36 PM
apsilon

I very rarely park in car parks. If I know I'm going to need to I take the ute or the old Landy. Seen too many idiots to risk it.

So how goes the repair Richie?
Old 10-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Z350Lover

aps:

the repair turns out to be PERFECT..... spotless once again! will cost me 110 dollars though... >.< ....

I will just need to select an appropriate parking spot later on.... and thanks for all the inputs guys!

cheers,

richie
Old 12-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Dissident

DANMIT! I just got one last night. I come out, and there's a damn civic next to me, but I didn't see the ding int he dark lot.. Today I look, and sure enough, there it is. Well, it mighta been from somewhere else, but it wasn't there this weekend, and nobody ever parks on that side of me at work, which is the only other place I've been... So, ~$100 is the going rate to get rid of door dings, huh? Grr.. Right before Xmas, too
Old 12-10-2003, 11:46 PM
sundog

My wife is yet to drive my car, after 6 months of ownership. She tried take it too the mall once but by the time I went through where she could/could not park, how she had to watch the front dam on kerbs, watch out for speed bumps and how a door ding was grounds for divorce she decided for some reason that it wasn't worth it (works every time....).

Jim
Old 12-11-2003, 12:52 AM
zuff

^^^ lol
Old 12-11-2003, 03:12 AM
lionking

Originally posted by sundog
how she had to watch the front dam on kerbs
Yeah, I found out he hard way about the front on the kerbs. Be careful if pulling up to those big concrete kerb parking stopper things. I pulled too far over one and when went to reverse the nose hooked on and it ripped one side of the front cap loose - actually creased the plastic (or whatever it's made of) and tore the bolt holes in the guard where it attaches. Now I'm VERY careful not to pull up to those things too far.

Got a massive ding the other day too. Not your normal "oops" sort of ding. This one would have taken a bit of effort!!! Would love to ding the head of the person who did it - Big Chris Lock Stock style.

Keep tellin' myself - it's just a car..... yeah right.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:23 AM
sundog

Yep, its just a car......ayuh...yup,yup,yup.....just a car..

Jim

p.s. (she still ain't gonna drive the sucker)