Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Torn between 350Z & G35

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
arancini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torn between 350Z & G35

I am looking at the 350z Touring and the G35 coupe. It is driving me crazy! HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
ANXIOUZ

Will you ever need to use the backseat?

Yes. G35.
No. Z.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:57 AM
arancini

Its all down to the back seat? Thats it
Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 AM
350ZREDLINE

in reality. Thats not the only difference..

If you want more of a Sports car and dont need back seats. 350z. If you want more of a luxury sports coupe then G35coupe. Really i find the G35coupe to be a better value. (better interior. back seats. only real reason its slower is cause of the added weight of the extra stuff it has.) But. reason i bought the 350 is i liked the exterior looks so much more.... :P
Old 07-18-2005, 10:05 AM
elms350Z

Have you test driven them both? That'll usually seal the deal.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:09 AM
ZBoater

They are two different cars. Aside from price differences (with the G being more expensive), if you like a nice plush ride, with luxury, and can afford it, then the G hands down. If they had made the G convertible, I would be driving that instead of my Z Roadster, since being convertible was my requisite. The back seat in the G is also a convenience, if even to carry grocery bags.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i test drive the G35 and the torque is not the same as Z. G interior is SUPER compare to Z. If you need to feel the power, get the Z. Actually, you will get more head turn with Z.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:11 AM
KingOfV6

if your still young get the Z you will have a lot of fun, the G35 is a great value indeed, its more of a crowd pleaser than a serious spors car. both cars are very similar though dont get me wrong, except the G35 is like 3-8k more depending on type, so you can use that money for mods on the Z
Old 07-18-2005, 10:50 AM
B-Unit

Z has problems. G is for girly men.

Make your choice.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:54 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

"Z has problems. G is for girly men."

Arnold, I didn't know you drove a Zzzzzzz!

LOL!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 AM
ZlleH

I test drove both.

G35coupe:
1. I didn't feel as much torque in the G35coupe.
2. The interior of the G35coupe was like an old's man car. I would have been embarressed to let a girl ride in it.
3. I only test drove the G35coupe because I for some reason would rather drive the G35coupe in the winter then a 350Z.

350Z:
1. This car gets so much frikin attention (specially the lemans sunset paint)
2. The interior is more young and sexy.
3. I didn't want to have a "sports car" with back seats.

In the end. I got the 350Z and kept my 2000 jetta as a winter car.

PS: It is gonna be very sucky when I have to switch to the jetta in the winter >_<;;

Last edited by ZlleH; 07-18-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Its sex appeal verses luxury/convenience

Both are fine cars.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:27 PM
TK2005

I thought you were trying to stay under $35K. You can't get the G in that price range. I think if you were never going to do a single mod to either one, I would get the G. It is better looking out of the box and the power is the same even though the seat-of-the-pants ride isn't. The Z can be made to look better and doesn't need a stupid adapter for every part. You get more warranty with the G also. I am definitely a big fan of the G but after I got my 05 G35 I started noticing the rattling noises and vibrations and the rough ride with the 19" wheels and figured what's the point of the luxury items if they all disappeared to be a sports car. I took it back a couple days later and they offered to fix it but I don't want an 05 car I just shelled $40K out for to be fixed. They offered me another car and we took it out for a ride and it was making the same rattling noises. We just scratched the whole deal. I drove over to Nissan and drove the Z for a couple days. I am getting a Z when I find the right one. That damn G was a hell of a good looking car though. It was weird. The Z looks amazing but parked next to a G....it looked kind of silly. I figure with a nice body kit (I like the Nismo kit) it will look better than the G. It defintely looks meaner. The G wins the Pimp vote though. The backseat was usless and they made a sad excuse for a trunk back there to make that back seat.

Desire to be cruise the streets pimp-like = G35 (not 05 model)
Desire to be tear up the streets = 350Z
Old 07-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Dream

Originally Posted by arancini
I am looking at the 350z Touring and the G35 coupe. It is driving me crazy! HELP!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the same position, except I'm looking at a Z Enthusiast. I test drove both cars (AT on both). The G35 just didn't feel as speedy during acceleration as the Z, although it accelerated well. The braking was about the same for both. I'm not sure about the handling, as I didn't take any curves during my test drives.

The G35 has better interior features than the Z, although for what you pay it just didn't seem worth it. I test drove an 06 BMW 330i, and the interior looked better/had better features than the G35 IMO. The Z interior is very basic, but it doesn't feel $10k econobox cheap. The G35 interior has more features than the Z, but it gave off a "wannabe luxury" feel where it had some expensive features, but they didn't look/feel like they were worth what you pay for the car.

The big difference between the Z and the G35 is the backseat, the trunk, the performance difference, the interior features and the exterior look of the car. If you need the backseat, an actual trunk and interior features, get a G35. If you want the best performance, go with a Z. If you don't really care about any of those, go with whichever car you think looks better.

Personally, I'd go with a Z. I don't care about interior features so much (except the stereo, and I'll just go aftermarket for that anyway ), and I don't need the backseat or trunk of the G35. I also thought the Z felt more fun to drive, and I like the way the Z looks.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:45 PM
mrhammer

I prefer the Z, but you get a better warranty and service with the G...and that includes a loner car if you have to take it in.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
arejohn

If you have to ask this question, you are to practical to be Z material.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Dream
I'm in the same position, except I'm looking at a Z Enthusiast. I test drove both cars (AT on both). The G35 just didn't feel as speedy during acceleration as the Z, although it accelerated well. The braking was about the same for both. I'm not sure about the handling, as I didn't take any curves during my test drives.

The G35 has better interior features than the Z, although for what you pay it just didn't seem worth it. I test drove an 06 BMW 330i, and the interior looked better/had better features than the G35 IMO. The Z interior is very basic, but it doesn't feel $10k econobox cheap. The G35 interior has more features than the Z, but it gave off a "wannabe luxury" feel where it had some expensive features, but they didn't look/feel like they were worth what you pay for the car.

The big difference between the Z and the G35 is the backseat, the trunk, the performance difference, the interior features and the exterior look of the car. If you need the backseat, an actual trunk and interior features, get a G35. If you want the best performance, go with a Z. If you don't really care about any of those, go with whichever car you think looks better.

Personally, I'd go with a Z. I don't care about interior features so much (except the stereo, and I'll just go aftermarket for that anyway ), and I don't need the backseat or trunk of the G35. I also thought the Z felt more fun to drive, and I like the way the Z looks.
How are you debating between a lower end Z and a G35. There is over $10K difference between the two. If $10K is a drop in the bucket for you then step it up another $10K and get the new M3 or C6.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:01 PM
iheartZ

Im sure many Z owners like myself had to face the same problem. but the only way to find an answer is to test drive them both. i was going to buy a G35 but when i test drove the Z i fell in love with it... i didnt care if it had backseats... i wasnt planning on giving people rides anyways. and the backseats in the G35 were so effing small i couldnt even fit back there....
Old 07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
KingOfV6

yea i know the backseats on the g35 are not made big enough
Old 07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
dR6

Another issue is if there was a difference in the insurance between the two cars. Has anyone researched into this? I'm afraid a two-seater is inherently considered more sporty and thus higher to insure.

Quick Reply: Torn between 350Z & G35