Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The August Car and Driver Issue Scans

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 01:23 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to show my support for "Z-BOLA Virus" for having the best screen name known to man.

That's funny stuff right there.

Ethan
Old 06-27-2002, 02:53 AM
Tman_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The math

Why don't we ask rocketscientist to do the math for us just to be safe! How about it rocket?

Sorry, just had to try to interject a bit of humor into this thread.

Tman_Z
Old 06-27-2002, 03:06 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tman_Z

Sick minds work alike....You beat me to the punch....line!

No offence meant

I AM GOING TO SEE 153 IN MY Z
Old 06-27-2002, 03:19 AM
nizl

Originally posted by JmanZ
If anyone is curious, yes, my loyality is to a multi-million dollar car company with powerful lawyers. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do this math.
No, that's far too well-reasoned!

You're obviously a puppet of THE MAN!

Admit it... you're Deep Throat, aren't you! And your real name is Rob Simmons!!!!!

Old 06-27-2002, 03:58 AM
Boomer

Default E-mail

I just e-mailed C&D editorial staff for an explanation how this faux paux could have happened. I am a looooog-time subscriber to them and R&T, too. I made no threats, but I made it clear that leaking info to a few is unacceptable to the 6200 pre-order Zealots and other subscribers.

I also told them the straight truth. I pre-ordered my Z on 2/10/02 and paid a $1000 deposit without knowing whether or not I would fit. I'm 6'5" and 290 lbs. I requested the explanation in 24 hours or less and made it clear, as a subscriber, I feel I deserve a prompt reply(within 24 hours).

Zman, you are doing a great job and do not deserve any blame at all in this fiasco. By subcribing to this site as I have, with the info I have seen, I think I will fit very well. My $1000 is safe.

Also, my opinion is that obsession with 10ths of a second is counter productive, the Z is a SPORTS CAR, not a Top Fuel Dragster. Maybe they would be happier at a Hot rod site.

Last edited by Boomer; 06-27-2002 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:25 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by no_jalopy

If you don't like what your getting, (or not getting) here then move on or start your own forum.
no_jalopy,

I totally agreed with your post, except the sentence I quoted above.

As I recalled, this site and Jay offer 100% money back guarantee to all members. If you don't like the product you paid for here, it is fully refundable. Take the money and shop next door at the other forums.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:38 AM
roberto350z

he he, i think its all too funny...and I think that its great that CandD leaked the info for a day or so, then pulled the plug for some reason! Its also kinda funny that the cover that is "too small to read" reveals the 0-60 time!!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 04:40 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by no_jalopy

So noted Touring6MT_Z. Then, I'll ammend what I said by saying...

If you don't like what your getting, (or not getting) here then (add) get your refund, move on or start your own forum
Sound good! I think we made our point.

Let's chat about something else that are more productive and informative.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:23 AM
Zman

I can understand JmanZ's position and am totally supporting what he is doing. This is by far the best site to get 350Z information...knowledgable, intelligent and civilized members... and we should all be greatful. So let's keep it civilized. I think if you follow the different threads on specs closely there are enough clues to give you the real numbers. Maybe some of us are hoping for better numbers and do not want to accept them.

From hearing from those who had seen and been in the car, I know that I will like my Z no matter what the numbers!

Thanks J for all your time and efforts.

Old 06-27-2002, 07:30 AM
brackethead

Default Jmanz

Jay, I have nothing but good things to say about the job you've done with this site.

I would just like to know why C&D published the issue before the end of the press embargo.

As for everyone giving you sh*t for teasing us, I just think it's jealousy of not being in the know like you are. We'll all have the same info eventually. It will be accurate and accessible, eventually. Some of us care, some of us whine, some of us just sit back and watch the fireworks!

As long as my 350Z continues to live up to what Nissan officially says it should do, I can filter out the hype.

Keep up the good work, bro!
Old 06-27-2002, 07:37 AM
MSOsr

I almost feel like we are being bombarded by the people who voted for the GTO in the USA Today poll and then lambasted all the Z people for buying a car that lost a poll to a GM bomb.

The real Z enthusiasts are free to post their disappointments with whatever shortfall they believe the article disclosed.....but the point is, Nissan has provided, even in the preproduction cars, everything it promised and more. Just wait for the real numbers!

If you are still disappointed after July 3, you didn't do your homework and can only blame yourself.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:24 AM
ZZtopp

The photos in the C & D article look like some of the best yet of the new Z. I don't suppose it would cause any problems if only the photos were posted a bit larger so we could see them, would it?
Old 06-27-2002, 10:22 AM
BrianZ

Jay,

Keep up the good work. It is a sign of good character to hold to principle.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:26 AM
cheap

Jay, you're not press, are ya?

I just hope someone from NISSAN is watching this, seeing what a RESPONSIBLE, mature webmaster and for the most part what great members we have here, and decides to give our site a little backing... especially once the Nismo parts roll out stateside.

Quick Reply: The August Car and Driver Issue Scans