Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The August Car and Driver Issue Scans

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 12:26 PM
JamieH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue

Is it me, or is the blue in the C&D photos quite a bit darker than a lot of the other shots I have seen of the car?
Old 06-27-2002, 12:27 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by cheap
Jay, you're not press, are ya?

I just hope someone from NISSAN is watching this, seeing what a RESPONSIBLE, mature webmaster and for the most part what great members we have here, and decides to give our site a little backing... especially once the Nismo parts roll out stateside.
Nissan IS watching this site, my site and other sites. I remember sending an email over to J back before when they hadn't contacted him yet...I knew it would only be a matter of time and I'm sure they have by now. I'd consider it a compliment. And now I think JMAN is doing the right thing and looking toward the future...

You can burn bridges and make life hell for Nissan execs or you can play by their rules as close as you can without stepping over the line. The difference is that one yields instant benefits that last only a short while and the other can yield long-term benefits. Information is great...but some of it has to be kept to the privelaged. 95% of people I run across think it's dumb to hold off on info, but they have to draw the line somewhere. You guys have to remember that in a few months the car and every last shred of information will be out. There are years, if not DECADES, ahead of us with this car and any future Zs...remember that.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:11 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay, if you ever got busted doing something that Nissan didn't like, you could always just claim that the site "GOT HACKED"!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Boomer

Default Re: There will be no Turbo or Supercharged version

Originally posted by 3rdpower
Nismo warrantied products... it just makes since man.

1. You don't have to produce in mass quantity
2. You get the benefits of super high mark-up items
3. You caiter to the "I NEED MORE" crowd while not hurting your bottom line
4. Nismo inspired version of the Z will make its way to the market AFTER Nismo makes its name known in the US.

I can see a Nismo Z in 2005 maybe... I can see Nissan taking the Z and making it a Z N series . In the mean time - enjoy the after market, enjoy your Z, and I'm telling you... this thing is going to rule.

Yes it's a bit heavy but overall it's about driving experience and the Z certainly has a unique one. I was laughing about begging for a C5 at $35k. I wouldn't want a friggin' Vette... fiberglass middle-age mobile. No thanks man. I'll take "cool" with "heritage" any day over "bland" and "middle-aged"No pun to you over-the-hillers.

I just like my

cars cool...
Old 06-28-2002, 08:28 PM
drivebywire

I am confused.... if July 3rd is the "public" date, then why motorweek is showing daytona blue in their Sunday's show on PBS?
check this link out (show 2143)
http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/upcomingshows.shtml
Old 06-28-2002, 10:03 PM
drivebywire

That makes sense. Thanks Stayjan!