Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

first person to crash a Z.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Stillen350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhh..i dont really apprecriate what you said there. Yeah i agree i was stupid for doing what i did, and i will never do anything like that again, but where do you get off saying something like "I highly doubt you are well educated so I doubt you could ever pay it off." first off, I im enrolled in college. Secondly if you read my profile it says that my Dad owns 9 car dealerships, so i believe I could pay off whatever it is i had done. I really dont appreciate youre tone, so thanks for being a smart ***.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:34 PM
MikeyDNY

Originally posted by Stillen350z
uhh..i dont really apprecriate what you said there. Yeah i agree i was stupid for doing what i did, and i will never do anything like that again, but where do you get off saying something like "I highly doubt you are well educated so I doubt you could ever pay it off." first off, I im enrolled in college. Secondly if you read my profile it says that my Dad owns 9 car dealerships, so i believe I could pay off whatever it is i had done.
You mean your dad (and his extensive insurance policy) could pay it off. You shouldn't confuse his success with yours.

You have zero basis for being upset. I am not the one who pratically bragged on a public forum that I did 80 in a residential area and crashed my car. What, are we supposed to be impressed that you didn't wait for preschool to let out and gunned the car across a school zone???

I hope that you don't have the car anymore because if you do, your parents are setting you up to be a failure in life. Far be it for me to tell any father what to do, but you should have been made to pay all the costs associated w/ the accident and not received another car unless you buy it yourself. Not to mention that you shouldn't even have a license for a long time anyway.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Stillen350z

PorscheKliier I couldn't thank you and agree with you enough right now.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:34 PM
donoharm

Default Re: Re: Re: first person to crash a Z.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by porscheKliier
Your comment about his educational background is so childish it almost puts your background in question!

Well said, PorscheKiller!
Old 12-17-2002, 06:51 PM
Ohio350z

If you would have spun your car sideways and hit the trees trying to swerve or if you would have impacted one of those trees in the center of the bumper, you would have been the first memeber of www.my350z.com to make the Darwin Awards list for 2002. You were lucky.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:20 PM
CZredZ

Default Fact or Fiction

I think it was Shakespeare that wrote “Methinks thou dost protest too much.”

1. You brag about doing several stupid things:
A. Ragging out a new car
B. Driving too fast in a neighborhood
C. Driving too fast on a unknown street

2. You admit to being stupid “Looking back now i cant believe how stupid i was”

3. Then you whine when someone questions your mental abilities…

But I don’t think this, stupid/not stupid, is the real issue. Your breath-taking adventure doesn’t ring true to me.

1. You are so enthusiastic about the crash, yet you wait a couple of months to post.
2. Your repair cost seems a little low based on the damage you describe and what others have posted.
3. Your story is too neat, all wrapped up in a nice little package. You start out as a big mouth show off, then you are all repentant and then you blow it all off as one of life’s little lessons.

All this in what should have been a few paragraphs?

4. No Pix? Based on your attitude I would bet you would have taken pix. Other, more humble owners have pix (even the guy who made up a story and then posted pix of someone else’s (Jeremy’s) car.

Perhaps I am overly cynical because we are on the internet and few of us really known by those who post here.

So, am I wrong, do you have paperwork you can post? A picture of “dead mans curve” with your black Z sitting at the scene of the crime?

Your VIN?

Maybe I am too harsh, I am not usually this cynical, but I just have a feeling about your story and I want to know if my instincts have failed me.

If so, I apologize. And I will be truly happy if you learned your lesson.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:33 PM
CZredZ

Default Lesson learned?

Yeah I raced an S200 the other day with a Veilside body kit and aftermarket exhaust but thats all i could tell he had done. He came up beside me when i was in the left lane in a 3 lane road and his middle lane had cars coming up and mine was free so he dropped down to accelerate and i dropped into 2nd right after him and totally blew him off the road. I watched him come slam on his breaks so as not to hit the car infront of him. He went into my lane and gunned it but i was already in 4th gear and way ahead of him.
==========================================
Above is a quote from stillen350z posted here on 12/9/02. Note he is bragging about racing in an unsafe situation. Is he dangerous or just a Stephen King wannabe ?
Old 12-18-2002, 03:35 PM
CZredZ

Default Good reply porscheKliier

On the surface you seem right about stillen350Z, your comments seem to be what would happen. However, when I look at what people really do post in this situations, it is very different.

What do you expect?? You expect someone to be sooo happy when the brand new car crashes that you go on post stories all over with PRIDE, right away??

No, that is not what I expect, but that is what happens. I know you read a lot of what's posted here. A majority of this type of posts are along the lines of "Guess what just happened to me" "Look what happened last night" this message board is very now, not "this is what happened 10 weeks ago".

As you see, stillen350Z's family is heavily in car business, so it's pretty obvious they can manage to get good deals on anything auto related.

If this was the family price I'd like to here from Stillen350Z what the actual damages were, and what about the property damage he caused? (he said he damaged some trees by someone's driveway)

That's exactly how it happened, didn't it??

That is what I am asking Stillen350Z, neither you are I know what happened, unless you are the friend. Do you really believe all the stuff that is posted here?

What do you expect? someone to get excited about the crash and take a lot of pictures like it's Christmas??

Again, maybe not what I expect, but most others do post pix. We got pictures of dings, dents, scratches, vandalism, totals, burnouts, snow. We got pix of where it happened, the next day, in the shop, on the rack. And the one guy who seems so proud of his misadventure got no pix.

Yeah, anyone can write up a story like this, it's possible, but again, what's the point?

What is the point? Again a good question, one implied in my post. If this did happen, and I am truly open to that possibility, he didn't post this to show he learned from his bad experience (see the follow up post regarding his racing the s2k on a crowed street). This should take us back to the stupid/not stupid (stillen350z's word for what he is) of the earlier post by others.

Thanks for your concern.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Stillen350z

alright first off to clarify about the S2000 i never said it was a crowded street. there was 2 cars ahead of us on a 3 lane road and my lane was wide open for miles and i only pushed enough to get ahead of him and the race was over, it lasted like 30 seconds, anyways. I guess its up to you to believe the wreck or not, it is the internet and usually people are skeptical about things but i know i am not lying, i have no reason to. Also i never " bragged " about crashing the Z. If you noticed this is a Z car forum, where people post messages about Z's. Thats exactly what i did. I never said "Hey wow guess what i crashed my car this is amazing!" One reason i waited so long was because i was not as involved on my350z.com until i got my car back. To clarify about the property damage situation, I think alot of people have this image of me racing through a packed suburban neighborhood. It was not like that at all, the straight away I was on I only passed 3 or 4 houses, and when the road turned and i went straight i did not shoot into a house. I probably should have taken a picture here because it is hard to explain, but the road turns left and theres a bank of trees in front, then about 10 yards after the road turns left there is a right turn for a small dirt road that has a couple of houses on it, and the house whos driveway i nearly went into was the first house on that road. It was probably 30 yards from where i landed to the edge of the original road i was racing on. Also i said i was stupid and im never gonna do that again yeah, because what i did, racing at night through un unfamiliar neighborhood is stupid and for the last time I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT. However, I fail to see the simliar risk taking from racing an S2000 on a major road when its not rush hour and at about 1 in the afternoon. Im sorry but to me theres not much risk there other then getting caught by a cop. Im sorry but i just dont see how any part of my original post could be derived as "bragging." I really dont see what gets you guys in such shape, did i crash youre car or do anything to you? no, the majority of the people that read this just take it like it is, a story of a one persons tragedy and case of idiocracy. Im sure you youreself have done some pretty stupid things before and regreted it, and im sure you told youre friends that story. Thats exactly what i did. Geeze, just relax people.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:23 PM
CZredZ

Default I guess its how we read things

Guess its how we "read" things:

When someone starts off telling a story with the phrase that they are "the first person in America" to do something, my BS meter goes off instantly.

Regarding me misreading you waiting a long time to post your story-
I see that you were not active on this board until December, (no posts), however, you were registered in Sept. so I wondered why you did not post sooner, maybe while your car was in the shop.

From you racing post I must have, again, not understood what you were trying to say. When you stated that "I watched him come slam on his breaks so as not to hit the car infront of him." I read into this that the road was too crowded for racing. I think that any time someone has to slam on their brakes to avoid other (innocent) drivers that the road is too crowded. This also makes me think that there just might have been a larger risk than getting caught by the cops, like maybe the lives of innocent people.

"my friend assured me that the road kept going straight for atleast another half mile." I mis-read this part of your original post to believe that you had a long stretch of road (1/2 mile) to build up some speed, and you were some somehow caught off guard by a sudden turn in the road. Now I see from your reply that you misjudged a turn that was flanked by a wall of trees that was only a 3 or 4 houses away.

"I smashed through the trees and landed in someone's drive way." (Your original post)

"the house whos driveway i nearly went into" (Your reply)

Maybe we are both confused about this one.

From your reply-
"I think alot of people have this image of me racing through a packed suburban neighborhood."
What image were you trying to create?

"I really dont see what gets you guys in such shape..."
"Geeze, just relax people."
"did i crash youre car or do anything to you?"
What kind of shape do you think I am in, what makes you think I need to relax, and what part of my post did you misread to think that I was accusing you of doing something to me?

"Im sure you youreself have done some pretty stupid things before and regreted it". Even if we all have, it does not make it right, especially if it endangers the "innocent".

From my post, still unanswered:
"So, am I wrong, do you have paperwork you can post? A picture of “dead mans curve” with your black Z sitting at the scene of the crime? Your VIN?"

And finally:

In my original post, I stated that I had read your story and I was skeptical. I asked you to respond so I could check my instincts against tangible evidence.

You chose not to supply such evidence.

That is OK (I am not in some state nor do I need to calm down). I ask for evidence and I get none .

You ask for belief and acceptance without providing any evidence, and I give none.

I guess we are even.

Thanks again for your response.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:17 PM
Stillen350z

well frankly you can believe it or not, i dont see whats so mysterious about it. If you dont believe it for some reason thats fine, Its not my goal in life to convince people i crashed my car. As far as evidence no i dont have any other then if you saw my car now i still have scratches on the rims and the AC does not work as well as the air bag light is still going off, I dont think they reset it. I dont have any pictures, I didnt really think it was big deal to have evidence just to post something on a website. I am still kind of wondering where all this endangering the lives off innocent people stuff comes from. If you read all over this website their are posts about racing all over, theres an entire forum dedicated to it. I dont see how you can own a Z car and be totally against racing, anyways thats a new subject entirely. As far as youre perception of the road, you were more accurate in youre original assumption from what it seems like to me, I was just saying that it was not a neighborhood like in the suburbs. It was a small paved road that was only inhabited by three or four houses like i said. It was decently long, long enough to get to 80, but as i said my friend assured me there was no need to stop because it kept going, obviously this was not true and the road took a 90 degree turn left that i did not see until it was extremely to late. About the driveway thing NO my car was not entirely in the persons driveway just sitting there, my car broke through the 5 yard barrier of trees and came to rest with my front bumper resting on the edge of their driveway. I still think you may have an image that i was doing this in some city neighborhood but this is not true. There is no way i would ever do 80 through a traditional crowded neighborhood. The neighborhood i was in was very big but only inhabited by a few people, one of them being my friend. So most of the neighborhood was still trees. I dont really know why you want my VIN, i can give it to you if you want but i dont see what thats going to prove, so maybe you can elaborate on that.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:30 PM
Mr Fairlady

a few people have way to much time on their hands to go back and break down someones ****(story) like that!
WHo cares?
I'm sorry for your wreck,.I know how you feel.I did the same thing in my INtegra but--its all said and done and the Bill has been paid--read the STory and why would you even think someone would make it up?Maybe thier are people that Lie,.but about a wreck in a brand new car??Why would you want to?

Lets all Chill---eveyrthings cool--Did your INsurance go up or you probably won't be able to tell till you re-new it?
if you don't mind me askin how much was your insurance @ first?

Heres what I got out of wreckin my INtegra!!! SO I did take pic's of the process!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Stillen350z

dude, i honestly dont know about my insurance because i just use the companies insurance policy, so i dont know.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:38 PM
CZredZ

Default Nice reply Stillen350Z

I am not totally against racing, I am against racing in situations where someone has to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting an innocent driver.

As far as the VIN goes, there are resources out there where VIN's can be checked to see the history of a car. Usually they are checked when you buy a used car. I did not elaborate on this in my earlier post because I assumed that since you family owns 7 car dealerships you would have picked up on this. (Stillen350Z please don't worry about this now)

As far as needing to chill goes, I think Stillen350Z is cool (he did not resort to name calling or blow me off) and I certainly am not all worked up over this. Usually posting in all caps is a sign of being a little too excited, but thanks for your concern.

As far as why would someone make up a story like this? It's watercooler talk. Someone says something and someone has to top it. Happens millions of times a day. It is no big deal.

A story was told, I got the impression that it wan't (100%) true. I was just curious if my impression was correct and asked for some verification.

And finally, yes I did spend more time on this than I expected.

10/7