Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What is the deal with this car and road rage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005 | 04:33 PM
Hella

Originally Posted by iheartZ
get a permit to carry. when someone gives u sh*t, just give em a quick glance! thatll shut em the hell up! heheheh
Hmmmm.......felony for being a badass.
Old 08-08-2005 | 04:52 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

They routinely shoot and kill people here doing that sort of thing. I'm rather surprised that you don't have the handful or more of these killings a month in Texas of all places. We just had another shooting this last weekend and I think I heard 25 people killed in road rage incidents this year on the news.

When I drive my one of my weapons I find that I'm a much more relaxed and low strung driver.

Be careful out there.
Old 08-08-2005 | 04:54 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

Originally Posted by iheartZ
get a permit to carry. when someone gives u sh*t, just give em a quick glance! thatll shut em the hell up! heheheh
Any one with a CCW knows better. You never flash - technically it's called "brandishing a firearm" - you draw, aim, and fire repeatedly until the deadly threat is no longer a threat.
Old 08-08-2005 | 05:01 PM
CindysZ

I had the same thing happen to me on Christmas Eve. A guy thought he'd harrass me, staying on my tail even when I'd punch it to get away from his trampy truck & then I'd slow back down to the speed limit since I had my daughter in the car with me. He ended up completely stopped, blocking me in the road when I finally had slowed down to let him get in front of me so I could get his license plate & then he took pictures of me sitting there blowing my horn. Little did he realize that while he was shooting pictures of me in my car, I was talking to the 911 operator waiting on the police to get there. It's now August & he still hasn't seen the outside of his jail cell. So, keep your head when there's idiots around.
Old 08-08-2005 | 05:27 PM
sigsauer87

Man, I thought the road rage thing only happend to me.

Just the other day, I was traveling back from my girlfriends house, and this guy in a truck was infront of me doing about 49 in a 55. He then all of a sudden slams his breaks, and to my amazement, there is NO ONE infront of him. So I'm thinking to myself "WTF!". Then as we proceed down the lonely road...he keeps on slamming on his breaks, its starting to really irritate me, I was about to pass him up, but then I realized I am about to get onto the freeway soon, so I will just have some patience. Then as were merging onto the freeway, he slams on his breaks again, but this time, he parks his truck and gets out and says:

"You just dont F*cking get it do you..! Stop riding my a*s..!"

I'm sittin there thinking, WOW...i was leaving a good 2-3 second gap between me and his car, and he gets out in the 100+ degree weather, and starts yelling.

Man I was just sittin' there laughing at him because its soo hot outside and he gets out and his face is all red, and he's getting pissed of for no reason. haha...

-Mike
Old 08-08-2005 | 06:38 PM
violenza

I've had my 05 touring for a few months and haven't had any negative encounters whatsoever. Heck, the only positive comment I got was from a guy in the taco bell window.

I have only been challenged once. It was on a busy street and some decked out saleen pulls up next to me rev'ing like mad. I pretended not to hear him but since my window was down I obviously did

Maybe Super Black has a calming effect on rednecks
Old 08-08-2005 | 08:16 PM
xxlbeerZ

You know, I hardly ever get raged or rage someone in the evening, it's almost always in the morning or lunchtime. Maybe mother****ers are just grumpy.

I live close to my work, so I pretty much just hit a lane, ride a few miles, exit, and go to work. It's not like I'm all over the place, it's usually some other ***** driving all aggro in traffic that gets **** started.

The main one that gets me is when some idiot is in a lane going 10mph on the freeway and decides it's too slow. I'm in a lane going 40mph, and the dumbshit darts out in front of me b/c there's room for half a car there! Then the inevitable happens, our lane starts going 10mph, then the lane they were just in speeds up to 40mph, so they do it to someone else. It makes me want to choke the mother****er!

Going slow, or pulling in front of me in the hammer lane, then not going any faster than the cars in the lane that you were just in is a good way to **** me off too!

Do people not realize that weaving heavy traffic on the freeway and pissing everyone off is only going to save them like 10 seconds in drive time? I see these people weave all over and cut people off, miles down the road they're like 100ft. ahead of me, wow, it was so worth the 3 or 4 near accidents they caused! (Weaving city streets is different since you can catch lights, and people tend to drive under the speed limit a lot).

You know I actually try to relax and just stay in my lane and mind my own business, but people always have to **** with my Zen.

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 08-08-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2005 | 08:17 PM
zipgun

IMO Dont make a diff what your driving, an ahole is an ahole no matter what, hell i got more crap driving our mini van than anything else. f#$% em dont give em the time of day, you'll be safe and happy, they'll always be miserable and pissed off, point is dont live in their world...

Last edited by zipgun; 08-08-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2005 | 08:25 PM
Dildorado

Do a search for rabid welfare on this board if you want my road rage story, it's pretty bada$$

edit: here's the link https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=rabid
Old 08-09-2005 | 08:17 AM
iluv2flume

simple solution to this problem which i experience as well..all the evil stares and other good stuff (your car is slow, my car is faster, etc lol) all you need are pennies! i keep a few pennies in "stock" and when someone is riding my *** or cuts me off, i wing a penny at them...my friends love it lol
Old 08-09-2005 | 10:59 AM
Fletch69z

Is it impersonating though if he doesn't pull the people over? He's just showing them that he's a constable, . He's not trying to get them to pull over or anything, .
Old 08-09-2005 | 11:10 AM
WYZIWYG

Have you also noticed that most people won't move aside if you flash your headlights at them? The car in front was a Jag so I suppose he was "too important" to move out of the way...
Old 08-09-2005 | 12:42 PM
gstarr22

had a guy hit me up in the wal-mart parking lot last week in his "honda" RSX-Type S I mean supposedly type R. Sitting there revving his motor with his 100 stickers and a big wing. I just laughed and drove off. He followed me out and cut on his flashers, but I gave him no play. I hate idiots! I have only had my Z 2 months, bu tI have noticed for better or worse, it DOES get a lot of attention. Guess you gotta take the god with the bad...
Old 08-09-2005 | 01:30 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by iluv2flume
simple solution to this problem which i experience as well..all the evil stares and other good stuff (your car is slow, my car is faster, etc lol) all you need are pennies! i keep a few pennies in "stock" and when someone is riding my *** or cuts me off, i wing a penny at them...my friends love it lol

I had a passenger do the change throw move for me once. He threw a handful of change into an open window right into a guy's face while he was yelling at us at a light then I burnt off. It was very funny, but I wouldn't do it now as an adult (I think we were 16 or 17), plus my car wasn't that nice so I didn't car about rebounding change.
Old 08-09-2005 | 01:47 PM
BRZ3303

Haters I tell yah, there everywhere!
Old 08-09-2005 | 02:52 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by gstarr22
had a guy hit me up in the wal-mart parking lot last week in his "honda" RSX-Type S I mean supposedly type R. Sitting there revving his motor with his 100 stickers and a big wing.
Don't you just love deh WM gangta's!
Old 08-09-2005 | 03:38 PM
imntcrzy

my friend threw a full 32 oz cup of soda at some idiot revving and maddogging him. He is 6'4" 260lbs though.

I'm personally thinking of carring small rodents to toss into their window, if they deserve it of course.
Old 08-09-2005 | 08:00 PM
lebby-pooh

this one fool wouldn't get off my tail so i threw a cheesecake at him out the window. it bounched all over his hood.

i have never seen anyone so mad. he tried to chase me down but his pathfinder tops out at 99.
Old 08-09-2005 | 08:18 PM
schwank

DAmn some of you guys need to cool down! I got Roadraged in my old civic hatch by a Jeep grand cherokee... He sideswiped me and took off... I got his plate, and the cops said"if we catch him we'll call you" I had no witnesses, the guy got away with it no charges no nothing... thats why I have insurance, its not worth dying over, or killing someone
Old 08-10-2005 | 04:54 AM
donricouga

Originally Posted by lebby-pooh
this one fool wouldn't get off my tail so i threw a cheesecake at him out the window. it bounched all over his hood.

i have never seen anyone so mad. he tried to chase me down but his pathfinder tops out at 99.
That's the funniest thing i've heard. I will definitely watch out for that DB Z.

Quick Reply: What is the deal with this car and road rage?