Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What is the deal with this car and road rage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005 | 06:09 AM
southern_info

One day I was on my way to the nissan dealer to get my oil change and had to be there at 445pm. I get off of work at 4, I change my clothes and had a 20 minute drive in front of me. Well me and my boy in his maxima was cruising up there at 75mph in a 55mph zone right. As I was approaching this Jag Type S. My HID's are on and I'm coming on this dude pretty quick. What you know this fool would not speed up and pass this car to his right for like ever. His speed at one time was 64 then the car beside him slowed down and what you know. This freaking idiot slowed down with him all the way to 51mph in a 55 zone. I was **** as hell because I was on a tight time limit and then I started flicking my high beams for like 15 secs straight I think. This fool took his sweetest time passing this other car which was like 2-3 miles later. As soon as I had enough room to slide my car over into the right lane I did. I gunned it and pull right beside this fool. I see these 2 idiots in there laughing and stuff. Me having my 5% tint on my windows he can't see me right. So I rolled down my window and when the window got all the way down. They seen my middle finger and I pull close enough to where my hand could almost touch their window. They both look like they were star struck looking like some dumb founded mules. Ewwww I was heated. Now that I think about it I was I would've jammed my middle finger against their window and took off. That probably would've made my day. So after that I had to do some catching up for the time I lost. Me and my boy was talking about that at the nissan dealer and he was saying man you should've found something to throw at them. I told him I had nothing to throw because I clean my car out the day before. Whats up with these peeps thinking they run the road? Peoples now adays are just plain rude and not courtesy to other drivers.
Old 08-10-2005 | 07:46 PM
thrill350z

tru, i always stare at the beautiful z when im in my hoopty
Old 08-11-2005 | 01:01 AM
typhaon

Originally Posted by apharmdb
+2! Lol to the quote above.... To the other post, flashing a gun is pretty much the same deal as everything else. It was mentioned that for $13.00 you can get someone's address and deal with them there, but the same is true for you. Folks are getting more and more psycho these days, where people are leaving the scene then coming back to finish the confrontation without the other parties knowledge. Just take that poor dude who was shot in the back of the head while holding his 10 month old kid. He had no idea it was coming as the incident happened way earlier. So my thing is why even bother taking the chance over something you won't even care about 1/2 an hour later?
I believe the poor dude that was shot in the back of the head had been involved in a traffic dispute earlier and had reportedly told the person who killed him that he had his license plate number and would find out where he lived... so maybe being a tough guy about a traffic incident isn't all that smart, regardless... it's basically a lose/lose situation.
Old 08-11-2005 | 10:02 AM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by lebby-pooh
this one fool wouldn't get off my tail so i threw a cheesecake at him out the window. it bounched all over his hood.

i have never seen anyone so mad. he tried to chase me down but his pathfinder tops out at 99.

Throwing a cheesecake at someone, now that's funny.
Old 08-11-2005 | 12:07 PM
Spideynw

I think the original question was asking why people with the 350Z have more road rage then most, not the other way around, since the original person who posted said he got out of the car to approach someone.

I have to say that I don't feel I have anymore road rage then with any of my other cars.

And, of course if you are getting out of your car and approaching someone else, then you have the road rage issue, not them.
Old 08-11-2005 | 12:09 PM
ZZ33bOI

its COo homie.. CHILL, ANd POP A PILL, So you dont KILL.........
Old 08-11-2005 | 12:40 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by Wolverineut
I think the original question was asking why people with the 350Z have more road rage then most, not the other way around, since the original person who posted said he got out of the car to approach someone.

I have to say that I don't feel I have anymore road rage then with any of my other cars.

And, of course if you are getting out of your car and approaching someone else, then you have the road rage issue, not them.

No, people always rage on me. The guy blocked my car at a light, I just got out to solve the problem he started when he raged on me!
Old 08-21-2005 | 08:39 PM
ZValkyrie

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Damn man. I'm never getting on your bad side, .
+1

But I have to agree with the original poster. It seems that people go out of their way to be a ***** when I'm in the Z. Mostly trucks, and SUVs. I think it's self-righteous envy. They've has their kid screaming and kicking the back of the seat for the last 200 miles, and then they see the sexy little sports car, and they just need to show you that you're not that great. You just got to let it go, and be thankful that your life is obviously way more exciting then thiers.

Old 08-21-2005 | 10:16 PM
Bigmikeny21

I noticed a lot of SUV haters too...I dunno what it is but everyone gets all amped up when they see a nice car and I can't go a single day without having some loser try and race me or impress me...we all need less haters pulling along side of us and more 25 year old women...
Old 08-21-2005 | 11:06 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic
Premier Member

People seem generally nice when I'm driving the Z, and I think it's because the car looks happy. My last car looked mean, and I was always having trouble with people cutting me off, and not letting me into traffic.
Old 08-21-2005 | 11:07 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic
Premier Member

>> I noticed a lot of SUV haters too...

Oh, that's probably because SUVs are stupid.
Old 08-21-2005 | 11:14 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic
Premier Member

>> I think the original question was asking why people with the 350Z have more road rage then most, not the other way around, since the original person who posted said he got out of the car to approach someone.

That's surprising, because in almost three years, I've passed many hundreds Z's on the road, and yet I've only been passed by one. Not only do Z drivers seem calm, but almost asleep. I don't mean that in a bad way, because I've barely seen any of them driving in a less than intelligent way. And I'm pretty impressed considering that the average driver around here is obviously incompetent.