Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Would the REAL 350Z Fans Please Stand Up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 03:08 AM
Flyingscot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dvlad
jeeeez....

I wake up this morning....
That's always a good thing Dvlad

12 hours later, the webpage is gone, and there are so many posts i can't keep up. .
We know!

Does anyone know if the person who shold us the CD article works for CD or maybe the publishing company? I can't believe he got the mag so fast.
I think we already flogged this one to death. From what I can tell, the answer is no, but, it does appear to be a genuine article.

Should we start a flame war over the soccer results?
Old 06-27-2002, 03:12 AM
nizl

Should we start a flame war over the soccer results?
Old 06-27-2002, 03:13 AM
Lee3Z

Default Would real 350Z fan please stand up

I did not primarly buy the Z car because of performance. The new Z car like the old breaks new ground with an affordable sports car which is in a segment all its own between the bargin basement sport cars and the over priced sports cars. This is exactly what Nissan promised when they decided to bring the Z back. Performance at and affordable price.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:15 AM
Flyingscot

Does this mean you are standing?

Ahh Haa, got you didn't I!
Old 06-27-2002, 03:37 AM
dvlad

hahahhaha..i like that Flyingscot

The soccer results?

yeah, brazil vs. germany will go into shot outs. With Germany winning.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:40 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by exsilio

I agreed with you right up until the Pledge of Allegiance part...the part they are referring to is in direct conflict with the constitution itself. "under god" is a statement that some people don't subscribe to, and I don't believe anyone should offer allegiance to something they don't believe in.

Plus, by making students or others utter those words, "under God", it is not in keeping with what the American forefathers deemed separation of church and state.

A quote from the Columbia University Press:
political doctrine that provides for the splitting of governmental functions into separate but equally important legislative, executive, and judicial areas. Largely modeled on the philosophy of Montesquieu, it aims to prevent tyranny and promote individual freedom by relying on a system of checks and balances. In the U.S., separation of powers is outlined in Articles I–III of the Constitution. The system has been somewhat weakened by the growing strength of the presidency.

But I do agree very much about everything have to be so sugar coated. It really is bad.
Ex:

I'm with you all the way on your choice in cars, but I think today's decision by the CA courts just shows that there's too many people in this country with too much free time.

If this decision stands, what's next? Hand in all your money for some new, sanitized money that doesn't have that offensive "In God We Trust" written on it? Maybe we should throw out "God Bless America" while we're at it.

People who lodge lawsuits like these ought to be given a one-way ticket out of this great nation.

Thus ends my rant...
Old 06-27-2002, 03:45 AM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by exsilio
I agreed with you right up until the Pledge of Allegiance part...the part they are referring to is in direct conflict with the constitution itself. "under god" is a statement that some people don't subscribe to, and I don't believe anyone should offer allegiance to something they don't believe in
This is completely off topic now. We really should drop this.

You are right, though, you don't have to live up to the Pledge of Allegiance. If people don't like it, then leave the country. Too many people start shouting "we have too few rights." I say, grow up.

Let's get back to talking about 350Z's!

Regards,
Todd
Old 06-27-2002, 03:47 AM
PistolPete

There do seem to be a lot of complaints about the 0-60 and quarter times. Anyone who has been in a sports car of this level realizes the times listed by C&D are very fast. Try to find another car at that level of performance. Anyone who races as an amateur or pro will tell you the driver makes more of a difference than the specs of the car.
The camaros and firebirds have blazing straight line speed, but are not much for cornering or fit and finish. It looks like we are getting 90% of the performance of a C5 for 75% of the price, which seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Comparing the features and weights of other front engine rear drive cars, a reasonable person would have to assume the C&D weight is off a bit. Checking other reviews from that mag show wide variations in weight specs, as much as 200+ lbs on some models from review to review.
I look forward to my Z's arrival. I had hoped it would beat the american made competion in accelleration, handling and looks. Two out of three is still decent, in my book.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:49 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by ToddLuc

Let's get back to talking about 350Z's!

Regards,
Todd
I hear that! How about this? Anyone planning to put an American flag on their antenna? Or would that offend someone? HAHAHAHA! Just kidding.

God Bless the 350Z and all her buyers. May we all find eternal happiness in her blistering performance.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:50 AM
ToddLuc

copat,

You crack me up!

I cannot wait for my Z. Okay, I can, but I don't want to wait!
Old 06-27-2002, 03:57 AM
jk5598224

Hey Guys how 'pre-production' is the vehicle, that was tested? I mean what could that really mean between pre and the G/A car?

Personally as long as I can freeway race and beat a Boxter S and perhaps a come close to a 911 depending on the driver I will be happy. Porsche is really the only comparison on looks/performance wise the car will have, no!
Old 06-27-2002, 04:07 AM
Mikey Likes It
Charter Member #44

Count me in with you, J.

I look at it this way. Me more people that jump ship, the more exclusive my Z will be. (At least for a short while, anyway).

Mike
Old 06-27-2002, 04:14 AM
silverstone_350z

i cant wait for my Z..
jmanz, i said it beofre, and i will say it again. you are doing an aweosme job with this site..keep it up
Old 06-27-2002, 04:49 AM
shoalhaven

Default Speed, Weight, Whatever---

I admit it, I enjoy the 'Green light Grand Prix'.

I would have liked to get a faster 0-60, but so what? I currently have a 99 Cobra with 320 HP, that does 0-60 in 5.4, the quarter in 13.9@102.4 and weighs in at a hefty 3,425 lbs.

I have had more than my share of kills, and look forward to several more before I take delivery of my Z in Sept.

The Z is competitive right now, and will take care of the average Mustang. It will get better mileage and looks a hell of a lot better.

I don't want to flame anybody, but a lot depends upon the skill of the driver.

Peace, and enjoy!
Old 06-27-2002, 05:16 AM
irishfan

I'm standing tall (well 5-11) and I'm happy. )

J- thanks for trying to bring a little sanity and lots of fun to our world.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:22 AM
Danimsta

this cars baddass

brazil vs germany- brazil winning 3-1 with Ronaldo scoring of course

nuff said
Old 06-27-2002, 05:27 AM
ZBarrister

Well exsilio, you asked and here I am.

The pledge and money issues are interesting ones. There are some interesting issues on both sides. The discussion is best suited off topic. I suspect a higher court will reverse the decision.

I will say that news is vastly misrepresenting the effect of the decision. Also I think that some of the attitudes on some posts are extremely un-American.

Now on to this issue of this thread:

I have spoken about my feelings on all this news on another thread I started earlier today and I will leave it at that.

And I don't think Jmanz was out of line out with anything he said. It is an accurate representation of what is happening. If someone takes offense at the truth so be it.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world." --Daniel Webster, 1851
Old 06-27-2002, 05:38 AM
Flyingscot

Very interesting ZBarrister and Exsilio! But do you think it will improve our 0-60 times?

Last edited by Flyingscot; 06-27-2002 at 06:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Would the REAL 350Z Fans Please Stand Up?