Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How often do you get the finger???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 03:48 PM
tlewis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How often do you get the finger???

It seems like lately, everyone is flipping me off in my Z... I've been flipped off 4 times in the past 2 days. Today it was by a family in a minvan (of all things)

Needless to say, I haven't been showboating, or driving reckless in any way... The minivan incindent happened today as follows:

I was stuck on a two-lane road behind a 75 yr old man in a beatup old pickup doing about 30-35 in a 45 zone, swerving back and forth across the lane. It was 5 o'clock traffic piling up behind me... Out of my rear-view mirror, I see this minivan barrelling down the center line (double-yellow) and passed two cars. Meanwhile oncoming traffic is extremely heavy, and both lanes are hugging the shoulder. We are approching a bridge (two-lane), so I swerve out just over the double line so they can't get around me and kill someone on the bridge.

The woman driving immediatly lays down on the horn. I think to myself, "I probably just saved your life you dumb b!tch" (heavy traffic in both lanes, as I mentioned earlier). Anyway, we are both stuck behind this probably drunk, slow driving, swerving, elderly A-hole across the 1.5 mile bridge.

Once we cross the bridge, and it becomes 4 lanes, she goes by flipping me off!!! Shortly down the road we pull up to a red light, where I stop far short, just next to her and roll my window down. The whole time she procedes to flip me off and cuss me (lol). About that time, I see her husband sitting in the back next to the childseat. He's flipping me off too! The light turns green as they drive off flipping me off....

Yesterday, it was someone on a cell-phone that cut me off, ran me completely off the road, and then flipped me off. And other simliar events, recently.

This only happens when I'm in my Z, and not in my Explorer... Is this just a recent streak of road rage drivers, or does this happen to anyone else in their Z?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Sizz813

I was driving on the 8 freeway in San Diego during rush hour, everyone was going around 50ish, as I SIGNAL to go into the next lane, a guy on a harley type motorcycle was barreling thru traffic swerving in between cars going probably 80-90 behind me. Well he makes this crazy a$$ lane change directly into the lane I'm going into, while BTW going in between two cars. Well I had to do a quick swerve to avoid sideswipping him, totally his fault btw for driving so crazy in traffic. Well he proceeds to flip me off and rev his motor at me and mouthing all these cuss words. Now that really really really pissed me off, if I hadn't swerved I probably would have killed him, and that would have been his own fault for driving inbetween all these cars so crazily. He takes off. Now I have my girl in the car with me and she was all scared cause I swerved so quick and the fact that there was this crazy **** flipping us off and reving and $hit. So I downshift into 3rd and go after him. He driving real crazy so I had to get the Z up to speed to catch up with him. In rush hour I got the Z up to 139 driving in the most left lane (Emergency lane?) shifting like mad and catch up to him SUPER quick and pretend I'm going to sideswipe him by switching two lanes to my right really fast next to him. He swerves super fast and brakes REAL hard causing everyone to brake behind him and proceeds to pull off the freeway onto the side of the road. HAHA dumb punk, don't mess with a guy in a car when your riding your bike.

P.S. This story is completely fictional based on a video game......
Old 08-16-2005, 05:22 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was first at a light on a 4 way intersection. The cross traffic had just finished their crossing and it was now for our direction of traffic to do thir turn. So I waited for the turning lane to do their business. their turning light turns red and i get the green light to proceed. I started to go when I see this frikin Echo of all cars barreling through the intersection trying to make the turn even though her turning light has totalling turn red and I had the green light. I slammed on the brake and looked as she was passing by me, The frikin b|tch washing flipping me the finger!!!!

WTF!?!?!? I didn't even honk at her or give her the finger. She totally ran a red light and was flipping me the finger while she was at it. She didn't even wait for me to honk.

Anyhoo, that is my only finger experience with the 350Z. As for me giving the finger. I never give the finger. When someone does something stupid like cut me off. I just put my arm out and give them the thumbs up like I'm saying "Good one, winner".

That ususally makes them feel worse then getting the finger.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The families that flip off together, stay together:-D
Old 08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
FLZ_Boy

It's hard to save the world sometimes.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 PM
tlewis

Originally Posted by ZlleH
When someone does something stupid like cut me off. I just put my arm out and give them the thumbs up like I'm saying "Good one, winner".

ROFL... I agree, that's the way I look at it, I hardly ever give the finger. It's much better to insult them with a thumbs up, or shrug, like "wtf, you idiot"...
Old 08-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Fletch69z

People just drive like idiots. I generally try to exercise a little bit of civic duty and stop people from doing stupid things but only if it's not at all dangerous and can be done without being an obvious ******* (widening out into the left lane as it's merging to keep idiots from flying around everyone, etc.). Most of the time though, if someone is doing something stupid, as unfortunate as this situation is now a days, I just stay out of the way and try to keep my distance from accidents waiting to happen. It sucks that some as shole is probably going to kill someone but I'd rather be farther away when it happens. Me doing something usually makes things worse. Since I got my first speeding ticket a few days ago too I've learned a lot more patience, .
Old 08-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Sensation350Z

I got the finger from some b!tch behind me when I was leaving a shopping center trying to make a right turn into traffic. Apparently there was about 3 feet of room for me to go, and a 1/100 chance I would have made it through. She felt that was my fault. I pulled down my windows and blasted "Hoe" by Ludacris.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
I got the finger from some b!tch behind me when I was leaving a shopping center trying to make a right turn into traffic. Apparently there was about 3 feet of room for me to go, and a 1/100 chance I would have made it through. She felt that was my fault. I pulled down my windows and blasted "Hoe" by Ludacris.
See, now that's a non-violent, non-confrontational (somewhat) answer to the problem, haha.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:04 PM
ROME

In the military you get "it" when you hit 35.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:21 PM
The Mike

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
People just drive like idiots. I generally try to exercise a little bit of civic duty and stop people from doing stupid things but only if it's not at all dangerous and can be done without being an obvious ******* (widening out into the left lane as it's merging to keep idiots from flying around everyone, etc.). Most of the time though, if someone is doing something stupid, as unfortunate as this situation is now a days, I just stay out of the way and try to keep my distance from accidents waiting to happen. It sucks that some as shole is probably going to kill someone but I'd rather be farther away when it happens. Me doing something usually makes things worse. Since I got my first speeding ticket a few days ago too I've learned a lot more patience, .
Speeder's anticipate the slower driver's actions which is usually to keep the same slower speed and direction. If you take it upon yourself to slow them down or swerve into a widening path from your regular path of travel... you might actually increase the liklyhood of an accident. You're cause is just, but the results may be the opposite of what you intend.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:25 AM
zipgun

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
LOL I use my sounds in the same way, subs work much better than a horn. nothing better than ignoring the crap outta some buttmunch
Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

Have you ever noticed it's mostly females who are most likely to flip you the bird?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:35 AM
H.C.I.C.

Usually when anybody flicks me off or honks, I start clapping and smiling. That usually gets them even more PO'd HAHA! Don't let people get the best of you.

My motto......You don't like it, then go kill yourself!
Old 08-17-2005, 06:04 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I was first at a light on a 4 way intersection. The cross traffic had just finished their crossing and it was now for our direction of traffic to do thir turn. So I waited for the turning lane to do their business. their turning light turns red and i get the green light to proceed. I started to go when I see this frikin Echo of all cars barreling through the intersection trying to make the turn even though her turning light has totalling turn red and I had the green light. I slammed on the brake and looked as she was passing by me, The frikin b|tch washing flipping me the finger!!!!

WTF!?!?!? I didn't even honk at her or give her the finger. She totally ran a red light and was flipping me the finger while she was at it. She didn't even wait for me to honk.

Anyhoo, that is my only finger experience with the 350Z. As for me giving the finger. I never give the finger. When someone does something stupid like cut me off. I just put my arm out and give them the thumbs up like I'm saying "Good one, winner".

I don't know now. I get the thums up all the time. I wonder if they were doing what you do.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:13 AM
CervanteZ

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
Old 08-17-2005, 07:54 AM
paco3131

dumbasses
Old 08-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Spideynw

Originally Posted by tlewis
Once we cross the bridge, and it becomes 4 lanes, she goes by flipping me off!!! Shortly down the road we pull up to a red light, where I stop far short, just next to her and roll my window down. The whole time she procedes to flip me off and cuss me (lol). About that time, I see her husband sitting in the back next to the childseat. He's flipping me off too! The light turns green as they drive off flipping me off....
Old 08-17-2005, 04:05 PM
350Mark

I usually flip someone off when they don't give the "thank you wave" after letting them go ahead of you. Bastards!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 05:37 PM
ZlleH

Dude, that's a bit much! O.o

Originally Posted by 350Mark
I usually flip someone off when they don't give the "thank you wave" after letting them go ahead of you. Bastards!!!

Quick Reply: How often do you get the finger???