Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Performance Nissan or Garden Grove Nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 06:02 PM
LakeFanKB8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Nissan or Garden Grove Nissan?

Hi all. New to the forum. I'm about to buy a 350z from either Performance Nissan or Garden Grove Nissan tomorrow. I know from reading some posts that there are some members of this forum that belong to Performance, and I've read nothing but good things about them.

Any here dealt with Garden Grove? Experiences?

And a newb question: I've already been quoted a very good internet price by both dealerships, with Garden Grove being cheaper than Performance by $300. However, neither dealership would give me a total, OTD price over email despite numerous requests. My question is, do any of you guys who have purchased from either GG or Performance know if the only thing they add to the quoted price is Tax, title and License, or do either of them also charge fees such as dealer prep, paperwork costs, etc...Both dealerships have been very good at returning my emails and such, but even after repeated requests neither has given me my total OTD price. I'm thinking now it's because they want to get me there first, and then try to tie me up with those other fees. Thoughts? Comments would be welcome. Thanks a lot!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm curious what their reason was for not giving you the otd price. sounds shadey.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:18 PM
LakeFanKB8

Yeah....they've both given my great quotes. Performance gave $26,801 before fees and Garden Grove is $26,513. This is on an Enthusiast, 5AT (sorry guys, i live in stop and go territory). Anyways, David from Performance was a really nice guy...let me know last night that they just got a $1000 rebate from Nissan, so they would take off from their original quote. I got the same deal from GG.

But from reading previous posts, it seems as if Performance is very straightforward, no BS, and takes care of you well. I haven't heard a thing about Garden Grove. The fleet guy I talked to from GG is a guy named Kal Pouncey, who seems like a nice guy but seems very busy.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Z BOY

tell perf to match gg's price, and they'll have your business.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:31 PM
LakeFanKB8

I did...i sent David an email this morning saying that I would be finalizing the deal tomorrow regardless, and to contact me before 10PM tonight if he could beat that deal. No response as of yet.

Another thing I'm thinking about is the sales tax. Duarte is 8.25% while Garden Grove is only 7.75%. That means to match Garden Grove, Duarte would have to beat their price by approx. $200.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:46 PM
lovetoclown

I would go with Performance if the difference was a few hundred more. You just won't be able to beat there service and honesty. They will take care of you BIG time. I beleive you can go through Jason at Performance. He is on this forum.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will match your price...

PM me your full name and phone number... I will have my fleet manager give you a call... Sounds like you were talking with the "Internet Auto Sales" guys...

Reguardless where you purchase your 350Z... Bring it to us for all of your service, warranty if needed...
Old 08-18-2005, 07:21 PM
LakeFanKB8

Hey Jason...just sent you a PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:26 PM
___DJK___

Garden grove nissan is a bunch of crooks. Go to Performance.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:30 PM
ppw350Zunit

Originally Posted by LakeFanKB8
This is on an Enthusiast, 5AT (sorry guys, i live in stop and go territory).
not a good enough excuse bro. get a manual, you won't regret it.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
DBZ

I bought my 05 enthusiast 6spd from GG back in Nov of 04. Seemed like a trouble free experience, but I also used a VPP plan. I spoke to Kal who is always busy it seems. Sales tax is determined by your residency not where you buy your car. So if you live in L.A. then you are going to be paying 8.25% on sales tax. Sales is sales. You will find good and bad sales folks everywhere. GG service dept however is really responsive. You should probably buy from a dealer that is near you so that when you go back for warranty claims they will be more responsive. There is quid pro quo for purchasing your vehicle and getting it serviced at the same dealer.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Z4ME2

Originally Posted by ppw350Zunit
>Originally Posted by LakeFanKB8
>This is on an Enthusiast, 5AT (sorry guys, i live in stop and go territory).

not a good enough excuse bro. get a manual, you won't regret it.
+1

I drive in the same traffic as you. Don't be a wuss. Manual all the way. If I had a sedan, I'd be tempted to go automatic, but not the Z.

I test drove at GG Nissan last year when shopping for my Z. I almost had to beg the salesman for a test drive. Seems like he just didn't want to bother with me. When we finally hit the road, the test drive route he wanted me to drive was extremely short. When he told me to turn left into the lot I feigned that I couldn't get over in time. He totally freaked out so I made a u-turn right away, drove into the lot, parked, and left. Perhaps they are good to deal with, but I was so turned off by the salesman I never went back.

I ended up buying at Performance through Jason, Ken and Dave because they gave me the best (and no-nonese) price and had a great reputation. No regrets.

- John
Old 08-19-2005, 01:16 PM
heezyo2o

Whenever I get internet quotes, it's usually, the price + fees.

Don't buy at performance just because they have a good rep....just purchase the car wherever you get the best price.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
heezyo2o

The Z was purchased at performance, but I don't think their sales department is that much better than anyone else.

All the salespeople I've come across are pretty much one in the same IMO.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
lovetoclown

Why go through the sales department when you can go through Jason? Performance takes GREAT care of there customers. Why give a crapy dealer the profit instead a good service dealer. I live in Reno and drive 8 hours each way to get my warranty work done be Performance as well as hard to do mods. If fact, I will be going down in a couple of weeks. Go Performance..