Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Zphone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Women Can't drive stick? depend what kind of stick you mean
Old 08-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Jetpilot718

I tought my ex how to drive the Kia.. but no way in hell was I lettin her touch the Z until the Kia was learned perfectly. Turns out we broke up before she got good on the Kia, but her ex lets her drive his STi and she says it was easier to drive.

-Steve (Thinks he must be pretty desperate to let a girl he's TRYING to bang drive his STi, when I wouldn't let a girl I was ALREADY laying like concrete near the Z. haha)
Old 08-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Clapton9286

Well played Jetpilot, well played!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:22 PM
KingOfV6

the easiet manual cars to drive are hondas and volkeswagons.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Juno

Ok, time to stick up for all the women!

I married a guy who loved automatic american muscle cars. When we first got married, I wanted a Miata, and he talked me into an auto. I agreed, since we lived in an area with a lot of traffic. Later, I agreed to an automatic Jeep, and then RSX. After that I had had enough. For my next car, another Miata, I insisted on a 5 speed. On the first few empty parking lot attempts at teaching him to drive it, huge fights broke out and the car never moved. One night he was able to get it to go around the lot a few times and after that he always wanted to try driving. In order to save my Miata, we bought him a used Prelude, which turned out to be a great learning car for him.

Now I'm happy to say that we have 2 350Zs, and they're both 6MTs!
Old 08-21-2005, 06:08 PM
boma

Originally Posted by KingOfV6
the easiet manual cars to drive are hondas and volkswagons.

Very True! I used to own a VW GTI and that thing was so EASY! It was my first stick car.

I let my GF learn to drive stick on my 2003 DB 6 speed 350z Touring. We've tried it twice, and she hasn't scratched yet! She has only stalled; I get her to take off repeatly from first gear and reverse.

Where are some good places to teach her? Last time, I took her to some empty streets where houses were being built, and a cop on an ATV pulls up to us and ordered us to leave!
Old 08-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by nick120580
I try to teach my wife to drive a stick everytime we have to rent a car for something. But she is to scared to try. Rentals are awesome learner cars.
Who do you rent from that has manuals?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Dream350Z

My friend is manager of an Enterprise rent-a-car and they have like 4 or 5 manual cars for ppl to rent.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:18 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Dream350Z
My friend is manager of an Enterprise rent-a-car and they have like 4 or 5 manual cars for ppl to rent.
Wow, none of the major car rental places have manuals in the SF Bay Area... and I want my g/f to learn manual, just not in my Z. I've found that the Hondas and Acuras that I learned in are easier to drive and learn in than the Z, IMO.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Clapton9286

Funny story- buddy's brother bought a 91 or 92 Geo Metro for 1200 to learn stick on. No insurance, I don't even think it was registered. So for a week he's doing ok on it (a bit behind IMHO), but then suddenly while driving on a backroad, he downshifted, lost control somehow and hit a tree. What happened? He merely walked away with the plates.

Now im not sure how much of that is accurate. My buddy fantasizes about anime quite often, so let's say 90% of his life is hypothetical. Either way, its a pretty cool story.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
MikeW

I taught my girlfriend how to drive a manual transmission car on my TR4 and 35 years later she had no trouble driving the Z, only this time she's the wife.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Serious

Originally Posted by md1400cs
When I bought my Z and specified a 6sp, the salesman sort of laughed. "what's funny?", I asked. "Married?", he asked. "Yes", I replied.
"So, you don't want your wife to drive it, right?, I see this all the time, guys coming in asking for non auto Z's".
PS: He was right. Though I have been driving manuals for a long time.
PS 2: I tried to teach my wife in my Supra, almost caused a divorce haha.
MJD

same thing happened to me well kinda, me and my girlfriend went to used car dealership and was just lookign around and noticed that all their performance cars were autos.

so i walked over to check out a red Z figuring no way could this be a slushbox and of course it was. i lightly made a comment that all their cars were automatics. Some salesman walking buy said oh you should get an automatic so she (my girlfriend) can drive it too.

So i looked him straight in the face and told him she actually drives a 6 speed m roadster thats faster then any of the POS on this lot, and i bet she could outdrive you. (seriously she could, shes very good at autoX).

pretty much told him to F off and im not buying any car from some sexist d*ckhead that is going to insult my girlfriend and left.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
matt sherman

my ex watned to learn stick when I had my 3000gt. She was bothering me about letting her learn. So I said "fine, next weekend, i'll drive out to school, and i'll teach you stick" She got really excited, until i pulled up in my beater mazda 626 5sp.

I still taught her, but she was mad that I "lied to her" somehow...

she just wanted to drive my car

Matt
Old 08-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 984 Likes on 747 Posts

same thing happened to me well kinda, me and my girlfriend went to used car dealership and was just lookign around and noticed that all their performance cars were autos.

so i walked over to check out a red Z figuring no way could this be a slushbox and of course it was. i lightly made a comment that all their cars were automatics. Some salesman walking buy said oh you should get an automatic so she (my girlfriend) can drive it too.

So i looked him straight in the face and told him she actually drives a 6 speed m roadster thats faster then any of the POS on this lot, and i bet she could outdrive you. (seriously she could, shes very good at autoX).

pretty much told him to F off and im not buying any car from some sexist d*ckhead that is going to insult my girlfriend and left.
he was trying to help, sorta

IF She can drive it, then shes more likley gonna let ya buy it.

capische?
Old 08-25-2005, 05:56 PM
350z bra

My gf hates my Z. She likes my 91 accord better just because it has backseats...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:02 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I basically taught my wife how to drive stick on a Chevy Sprint, her dad had tried to teach her on an old Mazda and gave up.

Our first vehicle together was the 5mt Sprint, then a 5mt Nissan Hardbody, then SHE chose a 5mt Dodge Daytona (that had been race-prepped), then we finally got a few autos. She has an auto Pathfinder (2001) and I have the Z -- and i let her drive the Z when she wants (I'm such a nice guy!).

I've never been rev'ed on, but she has. She just turned and laughed at the guy.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:38 PM
z_drifto

Your name's Dylan too? So this is what it feels like.... when doves cry.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:33 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Love makes guys do all sorts of stupid stuff.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 PM
350z bra

Originally Posted by davidv
Love makes guys do all sorts of stupid stuff.
amen brotha
Old 08-26-2005, 07:07 AM
Juno

Originally Posted by Serious

Good for you! I hate car salesmen...

Quick Reply: So I let my girlfriend drive the Z..