Which Z ? HELP ME CHOOSE ! =)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 03:59 PM
slay2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Z ? HELP ME CHOOSE ! =)

Hey everyone, me again.

I've talked to my local dealer and have been notified of the following:

The Performance Z I have requested in Blue (or White or Red) will have to be ordered and will probably arrive sometime in FEBRUARY!

I can't wait that long cause I'm going to be carless in a week or so. Therefore, the dealer has presented me with 2 other options.

1) He's going to have a Redline Touring Z coming in brand-new with the Aero package within 2 weeks or so, possibly slightly more... still a rather long wait, plus the price will be $34,000+ and taxes for a car that I don't think deserves such a pricetag. I don't want the leather "appointed" seats or the Bose stereo system for an extra $2000+ over the Performance model.

2) The OWNER of the dealership has a BLACK ON BLACK Track model with 4000 miles on it... that he could sell me with a $2000 discount off MSRP. That's about $33,500 + tax for a used black on black track model. This is tempting, and I would prolly buy it right away if it was almost any other color... but black is just... crappy for me... I never really liked it. Maybe I'm wrong ?

What would you guys choose if you were faced with such a decision ? I get to take it for a spin on monday.

-slay
Old 12-13-2002, 04:28 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my black touring, so that doesnt really help huh? thats a vote for black and touring. their about the same price I guess... tho the track should be 1000$ less right? but its used. I guess track is definitly the better deal, if you dont mind a used car. and I think black is pretty.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:52 PM
Stone Z

Exclamation

There's a DB Performance Z on the showroom floor of Nissan 112 in Medford, Long Island. I was just there about 1/2 hour ago....you might want to see if your dealer can do a swap?
Old 12-13-2002, 05:35 PM
BFG10

Default Re: Which Z ? HELP ME CHOOSE ! =)

Originally posted by slay2k

What would you guys choose if you were faced with such a decision ? I get to take it for a spin on monday.

-slay
I stay away from the 4000 mile tester. NG on that. Hold out for the car you want or you'll be sorry later. Rent a beater or take the bus till you get your car.

Not sure where in NJ you are, but Route 22 Nissan in Hillside has quite a few in stock. Ask for Tony Andres. He sold me mine...he's a good guy. Hope that helps.

Brian
Old 12-13-2002, 06:32 PM
slay2k

Default BFG....

BFG, I'm about 20-30 min away from Hillside and am probably gonna go visit it tomorrow (Saturday).

Which model did you get ? What about color ?

Also, the guy from Difeo Nissan has called me back 2 seconds after I filed a "CarsDirect.com" search... he said he's got 4 Performance models in stock, one of them in Blue and another in Silver =D The only problem is, this guy is trying to convince me that no dealer in the area will sell to me at MSRP !! He's probably gonna wanna rip me $500-$1500 over MSRP for the car.

I think that's ********. There are tons of dealers in the area, and some of them are bound to sell at MSRP. This guy tried to tell me otherwise.

Did you pay MSRP BFG ?

Thanks in advance,

-slay
Old 12-14-2002, 10:20 AM
BFG10

slay2k, sorry I didn't reply earlier, I lost track of the thread.

You can definitely get the Z at MSRP. I ordered mine at MSRP, but ended up getting one they had in stock before mine came in. Silverstone Touring 6MT. I leased it, but my cap. cost was below MSRP. I had originally ordered a Silverstone Performance, but loved the burnt orange leather, so I traded up.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:04 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Which Z ? HELP ME CHOOSE ! =)

Originally posted by slay2k
Hey everyone, me again.

I've talked to my local dealer and have been notified of the following:

The Performance Z I have requested in Blue (or White or Red) will have to be ordered and will probably arrive sometime in FEBRUARY!

I can't wait that long cause I'm going to be carless in a week or so. Therefore, the dealer has presented me with 2 other options.

1) He's going to have a Redline Touring Z coming in brand-new with the Aero package within 2 weeks or so, possibly slightly more... still a rather long wait, plus the price will be $34,000+ and taxes for a car that I don't think deserves such a pricetag. I don't want the leather "appointed" seats or the Bose stereo system for an extra $2000+ over the Performance model.

2) The OWNER of the dealership has a BLACK ON BLACK Track model with 4000 miles on it... that he could sell me with a $2000 discount off MSRP. That's about $33,500 + tax for a used black on black track model. This is tempting, and I would prolly buy it right away if it was almost any other color... but black is just... crappy for me... I never really liked it. Maybe I'm wrong ?

-slay
I have a Brickyard Touring and I really like all the amenites it brings, including the Bose, I play cds mostly, so the radio is still waiting for an amp. I think the Redline is a gorgeous color, but Black is nice also. Both colors will take some serious maintenance, especially the Black, but it is discounted. Personally I would take the redline because we already have a black car and yes, it is hard to keep it looking good.

In the end, you have to pick yourself, but it is the Redline for me and it was one of the colors you were considering and it will have the Bose fix already so you don't have to fool w/that.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Ludecrew

Def RED performance :P
Old 12-14-2002, 06:28 PM
zcar70

Default I prefer LeMans.......BUT

Black looks awesome, but is IMPOSSIBLE to keep right. Even the Super Blacks I see in showrooms show every imperfection. I had ONE black car (not a Z) and swirl marks are unavoidable, obvious and ugly. Made me get rid of it.

Redline is awesome. My second choice to the LeMans. Not for you if you like metallic paint though.

Daytona Blue is REAL nice. Can't go wrong.

Why would you buy a USED Z (that's what it is) when you can get a Z for under MSRP if you look a bit.

Oh well, my .02

Peace