Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lust then LOVE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:03 PM
ASTIG_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lust then LOVE!!!

Whats up all, I just wanted to know the stories behind you guys getting your rides. Like what other cars you were considering and what ultimately made you choose the "Z" or whatever car you picked up.

Here's mine:

I was sooo hooked on the G35C, but never test drove it. So my homegirl got the G35 coupe Auto, and test drove it. Its a hella nice ride, but i wanted to try the 6MT. Went to the dealer and test drove a 6MT and it was really smooth shifting and response is what i would've expected from a luxury car.

For some reason, I wanted to test drive the "Z" before I purchase the G35. That was the best mistake for me and bad for Infiniti. OMFG the torque, speed, responsiveness, profile of the car and the cockpit feel just sold me.

I went home to cool off from the "Z" experience but i was tossing and turning all night lusting after the car, "LUST THEN LOVE" is the motto of the "Z" car right? My girl was about to freaking kick me out of bed.

So the next morning on mother's day mind you, i took the moms to olive garden and picked up the '05 SB Enthusiast at the dealer. Never looked back at the decision. I like the "G" but love the "Z".

I just installed the popcharger, and it sounds mean as hell. Lust then LOVE!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen, brother!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Jcolman

Lust sounds pretty tame. If you ask my wife, she'd say it's more like an obsession. I had decided to buy an S2000 at first. That was, until I drove one. I then looked at the Z and once I took one for a spin it was game over.

I just spent over two weeks looking for the right car, test driving several Z's until I found the car for me at a very good price. My wife was about to kick me out of the house because all I did was research this car once I made my mind up to buy one. I finally found it yesterday and the owner accepted my offer today. He delivers the car tomorrow. It's gonna be Christmas in September!!

I'm looking forward to the whole Z experience.

Last edited by Jcolman; 09-05-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:44 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default God I love a good love story...

I parked at Home Depot. After coming outside, a noticed a blue car in the distance: it was a 350Z Daytona Blue. The effect was similar to seeing my fist Jaguar Type E decades ago. I was smitten. A short time later, I went to a family Christmas get-together. The dinner conversation was about Uncles at Aunts who had recently died. Many were my age. The next day I bought a new 350Z.

"Life. There' no dress rehearsal."
Old 09-05-2005, 12:49 PM
ASTIG_Z

Yeah, ask my girl, it was and is an OBSESSION!

Last edited by ASTIG_Z; 09-05-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:03 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by davidv
I parked at Home Depot. After coming outside, a noticed a blue car in the distance: it was a 350Z Daytona Blue. The effect was similar to seeing my fist Jaguar Type E decades ago. I was smitten. A short time later, I went to a family Christmas get-together. The dinner conversation was about Uncles at Aunts who had recently died. Many were my age. The next day I bought a new 350Z.

"Life. There' no dress rehearsal."
Yeah, live life to the fullest and have no regrets!
Old 09-05-2005, 01:21 PM
md1400cs

My wife asked me if I ever had an affair (we were playing around) I said, "yes, with my car, I almost love it more than you sweetheart"
MJD
Old 09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
ASTIG_Z

Having the "Z" is crazy, all the people who just stop you at the supermarket or video store to see how much I like it, how it drives, and etc. Its an attention getter and its a stock car.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Fletch69z

Yeah, same for me. I've wanted one for years and when I finally got mine my girlfriend was jealous and no one can believe I own such a freakin' beautiful car.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:08 PM
35oZephyR

+1 for another G35c detractor.

I was pretty set on getting a G35c since the first day I saw the concept pics on freshalloy.com. It was a beautiful ride and there was no doubt in my mind that this was my next car. Like the general and conservative sentiment, I didn't like the radical lines of the Z. It looked nothing like the 300zx or the 280z's that I loved.

That all went to hell when I finally saw the 350z moving on the road. It's a car you have to see IN PERSON, and see it moving. It looked so primal and and in it's element when the thing is tearing up the road!

That was it!
Don't get me wrong, the G35c was a beautiful car, sitting still and parked, but it never quite invoked that passion I had for the Z. The car makes ignore any need for praticality and creature comforts. It just makes you want to drive it and take on the road.

I've never looked back.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Scorpius

As for me..............it was seating in a movie theater before watching a movie and seeing "THE RUN". My jaw dropped! I was like a kid watching **** for the first time. To put it this way, I was watching the movie but thinking about the Z through out the whole thing. I don't think any car has ever had the same effect the Z had on me from just the first glimpse.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:17 PM
oren

i was on my way to pick up a g35c then i saw the Z test drove it and was sold, i didnt even terst drive the G. what can u do shes just that much better looking
Old 09-05-2005, 10:17 PM
The Mike

[QUOTE=ocdavid]
I went home to cool off from the "Z" experience but i was tossing and turning all night lusting after the car, "LUST THEN LOVE" is the motto of the "Z" car right? My girl was about to freaking kick me out of bed.
[QUOTE]

You sure your girl won't mind you having a new mistress?
Old 09-05-2005, 10:37 PM
ASTIG_Z

I dropped the girl, kept the "Z"!!!! LMAO
Old 09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Saw one on the freeway when they first came out. At that moment, I knew I had to have one.

Waited 2 more years, though, before I got it. And right before the purchase, I realized that if I could have bought any other car, I would always be wondering why I didn't get the Z.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was about to throw some money into my old 2000 Maxima for some fun stuff / goodies, rims and BBK, coilovers, sways, etc.

Then I said screw it, I don't really need a 4-door car anymore. Plus the Maxima was FWD and 4AT. I thought maybe I should test drive the Z and if I like it, I'll buy it.

Well, I was sold at the test drive, all that was left to do was find the best price. Which I got through costcoauto.com . Within 30 seconds of submitting a request on the costco auto website, a dealership called me and we finalized the deal over the next couple of days.

So basically it was either put more money into the Maxima, or, get the Z. Obvious choice!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Cars I considered: Celica GT-S (Underpowered @ 180 HP, ridiculously long shifter, and Toyota nickles and dimes you for everything = $25,000 + , so why pay MORE for LESS...HP that is!)

S2000 Super tight interior, trunk space too tiny, "Because we're Honda we can sell at MSRP" attitude....and again...less HP. I'd bet that even with 240HP, MORE people will buy the new 170 HP Mazda MX-5 or the new 177 HP Pontiac Solstice...WHY, cuz they can't save about $10K.

Mitsu Eclipse GT Convert. My GF would NEVER let me get this car, cuz she had the GT coupe and was f*cking miserable cuz she got a bad deal on it from Mitsu from the Cherry Hill Triplex in Cherry Hill, NJ ...If you live in South Jersey, DON'T BUY A CAR FROM THEM!...They will f*ck you over so they can make a sale

Finally, the MX-5 and Toyota MR2 Sypder - Once again, NOT enough HP on either...Though I did give some thought to the Mazdaspeed Turbo Charged Miata...dats a bad MF right there!

Bottom Line: The Z gives you excellent bang for the buck, great looks, and reliability!

Last edited by Racer Z; 09-05-2005 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM
ASTIG_Z

Even when I bought the "Z", i never knew the culture and fanbase that the Z car had. Driving my Z around town is like driving into history, I see the 240Z-300ZX's everywhere I drive. Thats when it was set in stone that i've bought fan-enthused car.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ocdavid
Even when I bought the "Z", i never knew the culture and fanbase that the Z car had. Driving my Z around town is like driving into history, I see the 240Z-300ZX's everywhere I drive. Thats when it was set in stone that i've bought fan-enthused car.
That reminds me, my mom supposedly (according to her) drove the first 240Z on American soil, she was the assistant to a race car driver. The name of the driver totally escapes me...

She drove the car from the shipping crate or whatever to his office.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:32 PM
LIdrew

I bought my 03 Touring Used in 04 with 10k miles on it. I was considering trading my "99 Sentra 2.0 Se" for a WRX sedan. I test drove it, but having never had a turbo car, the WRX felt too much Lag, so I continued my search. I don't think the STi was even out yet. Anyway, I took my Sentra in to Nissan for an oil change and while it was being serviced, I was looking at the Zs on the lot. Salesman let me take a test drive and I never even saw my Sentra again!! I drove the 03 SB 6MT home a few hours later. It was a total impulse buy...and an expensive one for me since I put VERY little money down...BUT....I'm driving a F'N Z! Not some Pu$$y sentra.(actually I really liked my Sentra SE...5 spd, lowered, short shifter, good gas mileage)

Quick Reply: Lust then LOVE!!!