Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

car scraped exiting parking lot.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 01:54 PM
bcheng4jc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car scraped exiting parking lot.....

i went to starbucks today. i went out a different entrance than the one i used to go into the parking lot. as i was driving out of the parking lot , i heard this super loud scraping sound! my car got stuck! it couldnt go forward anymore. my car was too low and it got stuck exiting the parking lot!!! everybody sitting outside starbucks stopped and looked over at me. that's how loud it was! had to back up and go out the other exit. so sad......can't tell if i damaged anything cause my car's too low to see anything. boo! i really need to buy a ramp! *sigh* and my mocha frapp sucked too, it was soooo freaking sweet! it's never that sweet. boo starbucks!!!!!

i'm always very cautious when entering and exiting parking lots and whatnot cause the Z is kinda low. so i always have to go diagonally. i didnt even think the starbucks lot was that bad and never did i ever thought it was low enough to get stuck. so sad......
Old 09-05-2005, 03:34 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Dude that blows!! I'm sorry! We have the same problem at a Starbucks here. I park across the street and walk up lol
Old 09-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its ok.. there is the rear cross brace... mine is completely thrashed...
Old 09-05-2005, 03:36 PM
bmxox

Chances are everything is fine. A lot of people with lowered cars scrape all the time. I can't wait to get coilovers to lower the Z even more. Im coming from a volkswagen gti that literally dragged on the ground if the crown of the road if it was high. Sounds stupid but it looked good and I loved seeing the faces of people in the car next to me when I passed them on the highway blowing sparks from my skidplate covering my oil pan. Philly/NJ roads are terrible, I'm surprised thats the first time you had a problem in your Z.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:45 PM
iheartZ

you can take that drink back to starbucks and tell them to remake it... my friend was a manager there and it was company policy that the customer is always right. so if your **** tastes a little off, tell em to remake it
Old 09-05-2005, 04:06 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God-bless that cross brace.
That thing acts like a speedbump shield.

I wonder how embarrassing it is for the Lambo guys to go in and out of driveways when they go on their weekly cruise-n-flaunt at their local coffee shop.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Hybrid90

Umm just how low is your car to be getting completely stuck.. that never happened to me before with all my lowered/slammed to the ground cars..
Old 09-05-2005, 06:12 PM
SimplyJ

i literally ripped the bumper off my old car exiting a dunken donuts... thankfully it was my "winter" bumper and I couldn't care less but it was definitely embarrassing since I had a coworker in the car w/ me. It was the only exit from the parking lot (one way in and one way out) so I literally had traffic stop for me while I backed out of the entrance.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Fletch69z

Yeah, I do that pretty frequesntly. Can't wait to lower mine too, haha.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:20 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
I wonder how embarrassing it is for the Lambo guys to go in and out of driveways when they go on their weekly cruise-n-flaunt at their local coffee shop.
New Lambos (read: Murci and Gallardo) have adjustable suspension that can be raised 2" to enter/exit lots. Car lowers again automatically when speed rises above 10mph IIRC.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:30 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by usmanasif
New Lambos (read: Murci and Gallardo) have adjustable suspension that can be raised 2" to enter/exit lots. Car lowers again automatically when speed rises above 10mph IIRC.
Ah...kinda like the SL Benz's and Enzo Ferrari's.

I bet 2" above their normal ride height would still put it at around a Z's stock height.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by usmanasif
This technology can be had for the Z as well, you do not need to own a $250k car to do this.

A good set of coilovers with EDFC will allow you to alter your ride height from in cabin!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:27 PM
The Mike

bcheng4jc do you not have an lsd? aka base model? On my old car "non Z" i had that problem sometimes when at a downward angle the drive wheel would get lifted off the ground and i'd be kinda screwed exiting some ramps in which case i'd let it slowly roll if i could. Uphill was a different story. Anyhow just trying to figure out it got stuck or at what point your car was resting on... such as the underbody completely instead of either of your rear tires.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:29 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
This technology can be had for the Z as well, you do not need to own a $250k car to do this.

A good set of coilovers with EDFC will allow you to alter your ride height from in cabin!
I thought EDFC only adjusted dampening?

However, I have seen pre-production stuff from Autoshows that are being developed by either Tein or Zeal (Endless) that have (non-airbag) height control via an EDFC-like system.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:29 PM
thrill350z

thats wat u get for goin to starbucks
Old 09-05-2005, 10:32 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7

EDFC doesn't raise your vehicle. It's for dampening I think.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:34 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
I thought EDFC only adjusted dampening?

However, I have seen pre-production stuff from Autoshows that are being developed by either Tein or Zeal (Endless) that have (non-airbag) height control via an EDFC-like system.
Damn, you beat me to it! Are you talking about the Tanabe's? I think they're coming out with something like EDFC, but I don't think its for height adjustments.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought for sure one of these systems allowed you to raise / lower the vehicle (in addition to damping force control)!! I guess I've been dreaming... or tripping, take your pick.

After all, the TEIN coilovers allow you to adjust height, so I thought the EDFC controller would do that for you.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 09-05-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:45 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Anyone try Air Ride Suspension yet? I keep seeing them on TV being tested on track cars. I know they use these on Hot Rods but I've heard that they are now developing track applications. Anyone know more on this?
Old 09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
Anyone try Air Ride Suspension yet? I keep seeing them on TV being tested on track cars. I know they use these on Hot Rods but I've heard that they are now developing track applications. Anyone know more on this?
You can try this:
http://www.canoverair.com/

I have no more info on it, but the site should help (just translate on google)

Quick Reply: car scraped exiting parking lot.....