Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

about Seibon Carbon fiber hood?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 01:52 PM
super_fla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation about Seibon Carbon fiber hood?

for all those who got'em or knows someone do, i'm wondering does the seibon carbon hood resist heat, since i live in a hot country , and when i say hot i mean the temp. may goes up to 115 f. does lean to yellowish or brown ? does the waves effected by the high heat?

one more Quistion : some people had some fitment issue with those hood , is this is an old issue and Seibon already get it fixed? or it just depends on your luck?

thanks for the help
Old 09-07-2005, 02:00 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by super_fla
for all those who got'em or knows someone do, i'm wondering does the seibon carbon hood resist heat, since i live in a hot country , and when i say hot i mean the temp. may goes up to 115 f. does lean to yellowish or brown ? does the waves effected by the high heat?

one more Quistion : some people had some fitment issue with those hood , is this is an old issue and Seibon already get it fixed? or it just depends on your luck?

thanks for the help
My hood is painted, so I cannot comment on discoloring of the resin in the hood, but I have the Turbonetics S/T which sits right under the hood and that sucker gets HOT....no problems yet with the hood.

As for the fitment issue...Mine fits like a champ...I actually put it on myself with no issues other than the usual alignment tasks.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:28 PM
JMZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the seibon VS hood, and had a hard time getting it to latch. I actually had to take off the latch and grind out the holes to raise it. It also helps to tighten the bar over the engine.