2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete electrical failure in a Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 04:10 AM
jmcmorante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete electrical failure in a Z?

Well, I dont know how to explain this but here it is. I need your advise. Today when I hit the pause button on my DVD screen of my Alpine Ivad-300 the movie paused but I was never able to get it to play again even though I pressed Play several times. it wouldnt eject the CD either. I changed it to the radio station and it did work. Everything worked, except the eption to change background. I park and restart the car CD was able to eject and play. HMMM I think. I go out tonight again and notice the DVD player is playing sicne you can hear audio but the screen doesnt show the video, everything else on the screen like volume level or anything else is there though. So i say not a screen failure its just not showing what is on the DVD in terms of image. I keep driving and realize the A/C is not on even though its supposed to. I turn and glanced at my Air/Fuel gauge by accident and sho no readings? Im like WTF? Mayday Mayday Mayday. Then the A/c comes on and the air fuel gauge comes back alife. Dont know what the heck is goign on. At least im noty having an engine issue but damn i want to be able to enjoy my Music Videos when i drive and now i can just hear them.

I do have that overrride switch so i can see images while i drive but it seems to be working sicne nothing would show at all if it was on. Please Help.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:26 PM
jmcmorante

Anyone?
Old 09-18-2005, 01:44 PM
funkdamonkman

seems like an install problem. Take it back to your installer.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:54 PM
ZinFla

yeah id take it back to your installer and see what they say. performance nissan is pretty good and i know theyve done your stuff b4 so id go back to them and see wuts up.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:35 PM
T_R_J

If you had it professionally installed then they probably hooked up the parking brake sensor. Legally you're not suppose to be able to watch DVDs and drive at the same time. So for the aftermarket DVD players to know you're not moving they wire to your parking break so when it's engaged it allows you to watch your DVDs. I have a Panasonic CQ-VD7500U and I had to rewire the brake sensor so it would play when the vehicle is moving. If you installed the deck yourself you know what wire I'm talking about.

Thats my guess. If you're not sure park the car and engage the e-brake and see if it works fine. If it does disengage the e-brake and see if it turns off. That will answer your question.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:46 PM
need Z

Couldn't hurt to check your fuses as well
Old 09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
CLETUS

Originally Posted by T_R_J
If you had it professionally installed then they probably hooked up the parking brake sensor. Legally you're not suppose to be able to watch DVDs and drive at the same time. So for the aftermarket DVD players to know you're not moving they wire to your parking break so when it's engaged it allows you to watch your DVDs. I have a Panasonic CQ-VD7500U and I had to rewire the brake sensor so it would play when the vehicle is moving. If you installed the deck yourself you know what wire I'm talking about.

Thats my guess. If you're not sure park the car and engage the e-brake and see if it works fine. If it does disengage the e-brake and see if it turns off. That will answer your question.

those switches ^^^^ ground out when the e brake is engaged....sounds like a bad ground problem to me........ look in the engine bay and if you can pull out the dvd player do it and look for a ground not connected all the way. if a fuse was blown it wouldn't work intermittantly. since it is intermitant it sounds like a loose connection, rubbed wire or a bad ground. if it is prof. installed i would take it back. something came loose or someone forgot a ground bolt and it just now lost contact. good luck!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
jmcmorante

LOL! My override switch wasnt on to see the image while driving. I reseted. Everything good. WoopS!!!!