Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Nissan Torrance Can Bite My A$$!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:01 PM
wanna_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Power Nissan Torrance Can Bite My A$$!!!

i got back from there and i'm fuming. I went in for a test drive and the salesperson (Robert, who is new) asked me for my information. As we were sitting there, to make small talk, I asked if the 06 Z's were in yet. And that Performance Nissan had them in on Friday. He said how did you know? So I was like, a friend of a friend. So anyways he said hold on, and disappeared to his manager's office. He came back telling me that he couldn't let me drive it based on my conversation with him and that if I wanted a test drive that I'll have to go to Performance Nissan. I was shocked! I asked what the reason was and he said that if you are going to buy a car at Performance Nissan, then we don't want you putting any miles on our car! He then said, sorry I'm new here, it was what my manager told me. So I asked to speak to the a$$hole of a manager, the *****'s name was Aly Sewani. He came out and I asked he was still walking over, "Do we have a problem here?" He said, very rudely, that because I told him I was going to buy from Performance Nissan that he wasn't going to let me drive any of the cars. So I told him sternly that he wasn't here when we had the conversation. And that I did not say I was going to buy an 06 from Performance Nissan (although I am very much considering it, but i did not say that to anyone's face when I was there). That all I simply asked was that if the 06 Z's were in yet and that another nissan dealership had them in already. I've never been treated with so much disrespect and I was so turned off. He looked surprised and asked if I still wanted to buy from them. And I said, if you gave me a good price, but no way am I going to buy from you guys anymore. And he said, fine! And I walked out. This is of course after I grabbed all the information they wrote down about me and the photocopy of my drivers license. I want everybody to know how rude the manager is there, and how stingy they are with their Z's. Stay away from them if you are looking to be treated with somewhat respect. I mean, he accused me of something I did not do and I feel very wronged.
Hey Jason, think you can hook me up with a deal there?

Last edited by wanna_Z; 09-19-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:26 PM
samy2000

what an ******* of a manager...I wonder if there is a place where you can complain about him to fire his ***
Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power Nissan shmower Nissan.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
wanna_Z

Originally Posted by samy2000
what an ******* of a manager...I wonder if there is a place where you can complain about him to fire his ***
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm starting by warning all of you guys on here. I don't wish the treatment for anybody. Especially when all you wanted was a test drive!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:35 PM
FairLady32

u sound like an old grandma complaining that some youngster was driving too fast on her street!!! id tell u to buzz off too if i thought u were gonna buy somewhere else...and just wanted to drive my car!! and im sure uve played the telephone game...u say something to the sales rep..he sais something else to the manager..the manager sais something else to u!!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Maxfrost

Originally Posted by FairLady32
u sound like an old grandma complaining that some youngster was driving too fast on her street!!! id tell u to buzz off too if i thought u were gonna buy somewhere else...and just wanted to drive my car!! and im sure uve played the telephone game...u say something to the sales rep..he sais something else to the manager..the manager sais something else to u!!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:52 PM
zedated

Try this... get on the phone to Nissan America corporate office and ask for name and phone number of the Regional Sales Director for your area. Talk to the RSD and tell him your story. Be very polite and professional to the RSD. Tell him you just want him to know about your experience at Power Nissan. Be sure to give him your name and phone number. I bet within 48 hours, azzhole will call and apologize and try to get you to come back (not that you should)!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
KenWH

That's some crazy stuff.

I wouldn't so much as buy a used lug nut from those a-holes.
It's the salesmen and managers job to convince you to buy a car from them, even IF you told them that your buying a Z somewhere else they should've worked their *** off to change your mind so you'd buy from them instead.

It's not like you said your buying some other brand car and your just wanting to drive a Z for the hell of it.

It must be Nissan's lack of oversight that let's managers get away with crap like this. I bought my Z used so I dealt with the used car manager @ the nissan dealer I bought mine from and he was ok.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:03 PM
mhip

You can all so go to the Better Business Bureau
Old 09-19-2005, 03:19 PM
zedated

I bought my 350Z back in January. I first called the dealer down the street to inquire (never just waltz in there, you'll prolly get the run-around).

As it happened, the Sales Manager took the call. I asked for the Fleet Manager because they are typically paid on salary and are more interested in moving cars, not squeezing out commissions. Nevertheless, I got the Sales Manager. Anyway, the guy was quite rude at first. I asked about Track models, and he said he didn't have any in stock. He asked what I wanted to pay and I told him "around $32K." He said, "Nice talking to you..."

At that point, I was tempted to hang up, but I chose simply to ignore his stupidity and calmly asked him what he had in the $32K range. It turns out he had a very nice Touring with 18" rims and other extras like kick plates, splash guards, tint, etc. In fact, it was exactly the car I wanted, right color, no navi, etc. I told him I'd be by the next day to drive it. I went in, drove it and bought it that day at the invoice price.

So I've learned that sometimes it's better just to work around people's stupid sh|t.

(fwiw)
Old 09-19-2005, 03:30 PM
hfm

Originally Posted by wanna_Z
I asked if the 06 Z's were in yet. And that Performance Nissan had them in on Friday.

I did not say I was going to buy an 06 from Performance Nissan (although I am very much considering it, but i did not say that to anyone's face when I was there).
You go for a test drive and are ticked off because the manager was smart enough to recognize that you didn't intend to purchase from that dealership?

That manager decided not to let you put on miles that another customer wouldn't appreciate. He protected his dealership from a non-sale and the real buyer from you putting on unwanted miles.

I think if I were to buy another Z from Power Torrance Nissan, I'd ask for that manager, I know he wouldn't sell me an abused test-driven Z.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

if theyre gonna treat you like that, go elsewhere.

i put 300 mi on a z in two days, and didnt buy it. it had 49k miles at that point, they wanted 24k for the 03 used base in jan/05. it was a blatent ripoff. when i brought it back and said no to their AWESOME DEAL they were stunned. needless to say i bought a 03 touring with 17k miles for 25k 2 months later from the dealership 1/5th a mile down the street. bastads!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:41 PM
wanna_Z

Originally Posted by hfm
You go for a test drive and are ticked off because the manager was smart enough to recognize that you didn't intend to purchase from that dealership?

That manager decided not to let you put on miles that another customer wouldn't appreciate. He protected his dealership from a non-sale and the real buyer from you putting on unwanted miles.

I think if I were to buy another Z from Power Torrance Nissan, I'd ask for that manager, I know he wouldn't sell me an abused test-driven Z.
I'm not ticked off because the manager was too "smart". I'm ticked off because this dealership was the one I was considering since I live 2 miles away from here and they misunderstood me and treated me like I was just going to drive and leave without intending to buy from them at all, like you said. I actually had Power Torrance as one of the top of my list, and I even took the time to sit down with the salesperson and told him which trim level and color i was looking for. I didn't give him any, no just let me drive the car BS.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:52 PM
hfm

Look man, I don't want to give you grief. But, your intention is very clear by your own admission:

"I did not say I was going to buy an 06 from Performance Nissan (although I am very much considering it, but i did not say that to anyone's face when I was there)."

What I do have a problem with is your bashing the dealership, a salesperson and a manager for essentially doing their job. You're upset because they didn't let you drive the car. That's it. I mean really, what harm did you suffer? Go to Performance and test drive one of their cars. Buy it from Performance. Whatever floats your boat. If you're upset with Torrance, that will be better payback than complaining about your failed test drive here.

However it turns out for you, good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

hey wanna z, not everyone on this forum is an *******......

get the z you want, where you want, for the price you want, and definitely choose to be treated with respect.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
KenWH

Originally Posted by hfm
Look man, I don't want to give you grief. But, your intention is very clear by your own admission:

"I did not say I was going to buy an 06 from Performance Nissan (although I am very much considering it, but i did not say that to anyone's face when I was there)."

What I do have a problem with is your bashing the dealership, a salesperson and a manager for essentially doing their job. You're upset because they didn't let you drive the car. That's it. I mean really, what harm did you suffer? Go to Performance and test drive one of their cars. Buy it from Performance. Whatever floats your boat. If you're upset with Torrance, that will be better payback than complaining about your failed test drive here.

However it turns out for you, good luck.

How are you guys condoning the managers actions...?

From reading wanna z's original post...he asked the salesmen WHEN are you gettng the 06's and that Perf. Nissan was getting/got them Friday. He said nothing about any inpending purchase at Perf. nissan.

If anything that should fuel these guys fire to "help" you into one of their cars instead of blowing you off and sending you else where to buy same car.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:02 PM
FairladyZX

I shopped 5 different dealership b4 I got my Zed. I own these sales ppl. Just tell 'em you are goin to buy it within 1 month or sooner if the deal works out. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
hfm

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
hey wanna z, not everyone on this forum is an *******......

get the z you want, where you want, for the price you want, and definitely choose to be treated with respect.
Originally Posted by CUxtopher
i put 300 mi on a z in two days, and didnt buy it.
[sarcasm=on]Yeah, a customer like you deserves a whole lot of respect.[/sarcasm]

Originally Posted by KenWH
How are you guys condoning the managers actions...?

From reading wanna z's original post...he asked the salesmen WHEN are you gettng the 06's and that Perf. Nissan was getting/got them Friday. He said nothing about any inpending purchase at Perf. nissan.
Ken, you're correct, all wanna did was ask for a timeline. And, yes, he may very well have ended up buying at Torrance. We will never know with certainty. I can safely say he wont now.

What we do know is that the manager was astute enough to recognize a sophisticated customer who has done their research, knows the activities of other dealerships and probably was not intending to buy from their dealership. In fact, wanna's statement confirmed this. Sure, it may have been handled differently but if you ask me, I think that manager has been around a long time and knows a lookie loo from a real buyer. Lookie loos do no good for any seller and I'm comfortable defending the managers actions. He's the type of guy I'd hire if I were selling something.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:59 PM
KenWH

Originally Posted by hfm
[sarcasm=on]Yeah, a customer like you deserves a whole lot of respect.[/sarcasm]

Ken, you're correct, all wanna did was ask for a timeline. And, yes, he may very well have ended up buying at Torrance. We will never know with certainty. I can safely say he wont now.

What we do know is that the manager was astute enough to recognize a sophisticated customer who has done their research, knows the activities of other dealerships and probably was not intending to buy from their dealership. In fact, wanna's statement confirmed this. Sure, it may have been handled differently but if you ask me, I think that manager has been around a long time and knows a lookie loo from a real buyer. Lookie loos do no good for any seller and I'm comfortable defending the managers actions. He's the type of guy I'd hire if I were selling something.
I'm not saying dealers should just through keys to everyone who walks through the door. I just think a better way to handle this from the manager's stand point would have been to come out on the floor and talk to wanna as a potential client...not approach him with a "do we have a problem" attitude. Having not even talked to wanna...how can he truely judge him and his potential to buy? I could understand if the manager was the one wanna had the conversation with but he didn't. The manager only knew what the new salesman told him.

I would hope anyone running the sales floor at new car dealership would have the salesmenship to at least take 5 minutes and talk to a potential customer regardless of what a salesmen says. Times are tuff for new car sales these days...you have to treat everyone who walks into the showroom as a potential client right till the end. Again...even if wanna walked into the showroom and screamed "I"m buying a Z a perf. nissan" the sales staff there should still approach him and say "ok, but what can we do to change your mind and make you our customer instead?"

They should at least try to make the sale for crying out loud...it's their job for cripes sake.

How many times have any of you gone to a dealership and told the salesmen..."just looking" only to have him minutes later go get the keys, and eventually end up taking test drive, but left without buying the car. I bet most of us have test drove more cars' than we've bought. If all dealership managers were like the guy wanna ran into...we'd only get to drive the car after signing on the bottom line to prove to the sales manager were serious.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:18 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You type like a 13 year old girl.

Quick Reply: Power Nissan Torrance Can Bite My A$$!!!