Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z crashes at a reported 100 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:03 PM
The Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

s**t happens. There's no guarantee you'll live to see tomorrow so enjoy today. Blame racing? nah, he just pulled the short stick and lost.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Scotsguy

I'm sorry that guy lost his life and more so for his family and friends left thinking 'why?' but I also think that the availability of this car to relatively young, inexperienced drivers plays a big part in this. I know in the UK that the average age of a Z owner is well into the 30's and those in their early twenties owning one is very rare. I have noticed many posts on this site from very young drivers with a Z, and even those in their late teens. This must play a big part in this surely? Could another thing be that the average US driver has very little experience of the true handling of the car due to the famously straight roads that you drive. I know this is very controversial and I apologise but there is really no offence meant. It all comes down to experience again.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:15 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...he just pulled the short stick and lost."

Maybe, but with some thought you can dramatically reduce the odds of grabbing the short stick.

I get up over 100 MPH on a weekly basis but it is on back country roads with no driveways and clear visability for long distances. And no other cars in sight.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by cloudy
Who cares about $$ when a life is envolved?
Me...

Originally Posted by nicolaycastro
Man someone just died in an accident and all you do is think about insurance
No, actually I thought that 20 year olds should not be driving 30K sports cars.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by The Mike
s**t happens. There's no guarantee you'll live to see tomorrow so enjoy today. Blame racing? nah, he just pulled the short stick and lost.
Dido...
Finally, someone with a realistic mindset.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Ztalker

Speed alone doesn't kill....it's the sudden impact that kills.

" In a 'mad' world.......only the 'mad' will be sane."
A.Kurosawa
Old 09-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Clapton9286

Originally Posted by Tattude
Me...

No, actually I thought that 20 year olds should not be driving 30K sports cars.
You don't think thats a bit sweeping, generalizing, and prejudice?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:59 AM
...z33...

See what happens?! Too many Fast-N-Furious wannabe's... keep it at the track. BUT... no one here can deny that they have had one or two street encounters alright?! We were just fortunate enough to stop racing before something went seriously wrong, or think twice about what we were doing and slow down, or whatever the case maybe... this incident can happen to anyone. So if you get a little heavy on the pedal, just remember what happent to this Z driver.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Titan0385

Originally Posted by J.Diddy.Yo
How sad. Just goes to show that not all 20 year old drivers are mature enough to be driving...
That is not true. I am 20 years old and a very safe driver. I may drive a little fast for some peoples liking but I do my racing on the track or up to the speed limit when NOBODY is around..
Old 10-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
You don't think thats a bit sweeping, generalizing, and prejudice?
Generalizing, maybe???
Experience comes with time invested. Right now we're talking about driving. So, yes 99.99% of 20 year old drivers are NOT as good as a 25 or 30 year old drivers. The only way this would be false is if the 20 year old started racing at 5-10 years old. I put my step son in it (racing modified carts) when he was 9 years old. He knows how to handle a car better then most 20 year olds; but he's been driving for 6 years, not only driving but driving in conditions that actually amplify ones expertise. Not many people take the cars to there limit…

In a nut shell, the more experience one has the better driver they are.
Well, until age etc... come into play.

Last edited by Tattude; 10-03-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Kanyon71

Generalizing, maybe???
Experience comes with time invested. Right now we're talking about driving. So, yes 99.99% of 20 year old drivers are NOT as good as a 25 or 30 year old drivers. The only way this would be false is if the 20 year old started racing at 5-10 years old. I put my step son in it (racing modified carts) when he was 9 years old. He knows how to handle a car better then most 20 year olds; but he's been driving for 6 years, not only driving but driving in conditions that actually amplify ones expertise. Not many people take the cars to there limit…

I would agree and say it's not so much the age but rather the training and experience driving in high speed conditions. Most people fail to realize that things you can just get away with at somewhat normal speeds are highly amplified at higher speeds and will get you into some serious trouble. Then once that trouble starts they make further decisions based on lower speed driving actions and it snowballs from there. I say all sports car capable of the type of figures the Z can put up should come with a trip to a high speed driving school to learn how to drive them.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Tattude

I concur…
Old 10-03-2005, 06:43 PM
nissan350zfan

Well, when all the philosophizing is done ... for every action there is a reaction. Race on a public street at speeds too great for conditions and you take the consequences - in this case death. It is fortunate that no innocent bystanders or drivers were killed.

Darwiniansim prevails. The foolish and reckless die young. We can only hope that he did not have the opportunity to successfully "sow his oats" as it were, and that his genes died with him.

Cheers,
Nissan350zFan
(putting on the flame retardent suit now!)
Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 PM
FairladyZ34

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant even make out a Z in that hunk of metal im suprised he didnt die instantly. thats outrageous wonder what the guy in the beemer was thinkin. that kinda makes me sick i just got my Z i dont wanna think about wrecking
Old 10-03-2005, 08:16 PM
nicolaycastro

Generalizing, maybe???

You are totally right, but this also means that a 40 year old with no racing exparience in a bad situation (not necesarily racing) could have the same consequesnce.

In mi opinon it doesnt matter if he was racing or not, experience and knowlede of the car was the most important and deciding factor in this case. I heard this before on a discosioun about speed limit; some one mention speed limit was much higher in Europe and accidents werent higher than here in the US, because they had to past a series of courses and tests before getting a license (I dont know if this is true or not, juyst what I heard).

It is a good idea, not only Z buyers should be required to do and pass a class like this, but every one who wants to be a driver. Maybe a little Utopic but it sure will decrease accidents and deaths exponentially.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Redmax

I truly agree that it is more of a case where the driver needs to know the limitations of his car and not try and push it pass its limitations or the limitations of himself as the driver. The only problem with the scenario is that these types of mistakes can be fatal to himself or others.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Lerxst

In addition to knowing your limitations and those of your car, knowing the road conditions and the ability and predictability of other drivers is critical. Hence, the rare occaisions that I push the car on the street and even rarer when there are other drivers and just keep that stuff on the track.

Last edited by Lerxst; 10-04-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:08 AM
MacRayZ

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
There goes our insurances!
Not cool man. Have some respect for the dead. Especially a fellow Z brother.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
MacRayZ

[/QUOTE]
No, actually I thought that 20 year olds should not be driving 30K sports cars.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got your car on a midlife crisis.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:01 AM
jwolf7722

Anyone staying within reason of the speed limit will be safe. I dont think age matters when you are going 100+mph.

Quick Reply: 350z crashes at a reported 100 MPH