Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2009 Z To Be More of A Drivers Car AND.....

Old 09-28-2005, 09:14 AM
350Zwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Z To Be More of A Drivers Car AND.....

It will compete with the Porsche Cayman S!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ click below

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthr...=7360#post7360

Last edited by 350Zwannabe; 09-28-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by 350Zwannabe
It will compete with the Porsche Cayman S!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ click below

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthr...=7360#post7360

Does that mean it's going to be in the high 50k to lower 60k price range? If so I think they just killed their target audience.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post, Wannabe. That is the first hardcore evidence I've seen on when Nissan plans major changes. The question comes up here frequently.

Props to Wannabe!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:59 AM
350Z007

Originally Posted by Kanyon71
Does that mean it's going to be in the high 50k to lower 60k price range? If so I think they just killed their target audience.
I agree. when you up performance like that the price tag is going to go up as well. Look at the new Z06 people are paying like 68K for them.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:37 AM
taurran

My car is already faster than a Porsche Cayman S. Why would I want to pay more for it?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Tzuten

Never quite understood the term "Driver's car".
Old 09-28-2005, 11:37 AM
350Zwannabe

Well, I can tell you that 6+ years ago I knew about the 350Z. I also saw 6+ years ago sketches of the 2005 Civic Hatchback SI where the shifter was up high on the center console and many more drawings of other future models.

This is an article from someone I don't know personally but I am friends with a well known automotive journalist, photographer, and artist (99' Ferrari artist of the year and most always featured in Euro car mag., Forza, and Excellence) he keeps me abreast on whats going on in the industry. I was also told 6 years ago that the Z will eventually be equipped with a V8. When it does happen, the car will have to be $45,000+. Again, it doesn't matter because the choice will always be there for the v6 model and possible turbo, oops did I say that.

Everything he has told me has eventually evolved into reality.
It's not worth talking about the future to everyone except to close personal friends because the info is a good 3+years away on anything he shares with me. Plus I'm not able to speak about most of what is shared with me. The v8 Z in the future is not special news anymore. Every manufacture is getting into V8's as you all know and a bit further away from forced induction although not completely, obviously.
I do feel privileged.
Love the Z guys!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:44 AM
350Zwannabe

Default attached quote, sorry.

""My car is already faster than a Porsche Cayman S. Why would I want to pay more for it?""

You can make a Z faster than a Murcielago but when you drive a Porsche, there's just something a bit different about it. OK, alot different.lol
Love the Z though...

Last edited by 350Zwannabe; 09-28-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:59 AM
bixby

I'll buy it! But then again I'm probably not their target buyer. Just an enthusiast who's owned 3 gens and will go for 4.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:00 PM
zman1910

I'm sure the price wont be anywhere near the Cayman's...that would be the biggest mistake on Nissan's part. I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson the first time around with the 300zx. On top of that they have the Skyline Gt-r coming so there would be no point in making the Z that pricey. I suspect it wouldn't be hard or expensive for Nissan to make the Z as fast as the Cayman. It is by no means in supercar territory......
Old 09-28-2005, 12:57 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

great find! he listed "punchier engine", "weight reduction", and "more involved chassis"

i would not be surprised to see the 2009 look something like this.....

longer/wider wheelbase by an inch or two.....
no more platform sharing.......
a high strung V6...possibly bored stroked from the 3.5....maybe 380Z or 400Z...
HP around 350
weight around 2800-3000lbs (saving about 3-400lbs)
oh...and naturally aspirated

possible 0-60 times a bit under 5sec just to say "under 5 seconds!"
Old 09-28-2005, 01:06 PM
taurran

""My car is already faster than a Porsche Cayman S. Why would I want to pay more for it?""

You can make a Z faster than a Murcielago but when you drive a Porsche, there's just something a bit different about it. OK, alot different.lol
Love the Z though...

Not really. I prefer the looks of the Z over the Porsche Cayman, and I'm left with money in my pocket. I'm not into buying cars just becuase Preston and Buffy next door will be impressed with my purchase. So what?
Old 09-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Fletch69z

I would love to see a limited production "super Z" but I wouldn't think Nissan would make that many.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:13 PM
350Zwannabe

Default Sounds good to me....

Originally Posted by HarvesterUT
great find! he listed "punchier engine", "weight reduction", and "more involved chassis"

i would not be surprised to see the 2009 look something like this.....

longer/wider wheelbase by an inch or two.....
no more platform sharing.......
a high strung V6...possibly bored stroked from the 3.5....maybe 380Z or 400Z...
HP around 350
weight around 2800-3000lbs (saving about 3-400lbs)
oh...and naturally aspirated

possible 0-60 times a bit under 5sec just to say "under 5 seconds!"
Sounds good to me. The only thing you left out was the ficticious price.
And all this is yours for a mere $44,000! lol
Hey, any car under 50K that does sub 5sec. is a bargain to me.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by taurran
Not really. I prefer the looks of the Z over the Porsche Cayman, and I'm left with money in my pocket. I'm not into buying cars just becuase Preston and Buffy next door will be impressed with my purchase. So what?
Pretty sure the only Porsche Preston and Buffy would like is the Cayenne. Looks are very subjective, I really like the Cayman, it's handling is supposed to be out of this world and it's as fast and in most situations faster then a 911. The Z is a beautiful car but Porsche for the most part just does something for me, well except the 914 which I thought was horrid looking. I just think it wouldn't be smart for Nissan to go after that market. Not to mention I want them to keep it cheaper so I can still afford the car and to eat and not have to live in it lol.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
350Zwannabe

Originally Posted by taurran
No, No, I hear what your saying and thats cool. You like the Z and you like the way it looks. Your in love with your Z. I feel yah!

BUT

It ain't a Porsche.

ps.
Convertibles look hot with hardtops on.
The bmw Z4 will introduce its hardtop coupe version.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:40 PM
350Zwannabe

Default Yes but....

Pretty sure the only Porsche Preston and Buffy would like is the Cayenne. Looks are very subjective, I really like the Cayman, it's handling is supposed to be out of this world and it's as fast and in most situations faster then a 911. The Z is a beautiful car but Porsche for the most part just does something for me, well except the 914 which I thought was horrid looking. I just think it wouldn't be smart for Nissan to go after that market. Not to mention I want them to keep it cheaper so I can still afford the car and to eat and not have to live in it lol.
Your right about the Cayman. Look at the lines, swoops, and curves of that rear end. The ridgity and chassis is quite frankly BANANAS! Even if it is based on the boxster, which isn't a bad thing.

There are Corvettes ALL OVER the road here in Florida. I think that would be a good market to attack with a more highly tuned and luxurious leather/suede cladded Z. To go after a Porsche customer is nuts unless its a Boxster customer which it looks like the price would fall in that range not Cayman range. Cayman customers are guys and gals who can't quite afford a 997 yet. They will definitely buy the Cayman. Boxster customer's are not as loyal. They are looking at Audi TT's, Z4's, Vette's, and now Saturn, and Pontiac's, etc!!

For people who don't care for the looks of a Porsche, they must drive a 996 or 997 to really appreciate them.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:05 PM
potator

Well, I can tell you that 6+ years ago I knew about the 350Z. I also saw 6+ years ago sketches of the 2005 Civic Hatchback SI where the shifter was up high on the center console and many more drawings of other future models.

This is an article from someone I don't know personally but I am friends with a well known automotive journalist, photographer, and artist (99' Ferrari artist of the year and most always featured in Euro car mag., Forza, and Excellence) he keeps me abreast on whats going on in the industry. I was also told 6 years ago that the Z will eventually be equipped with a V8. When it does happen, the car will have to be $45,000+. Again, it doesn't matter because the choice will always be there for the v6 model and possible turbo, oops did I say that.

Everything he has told me has eventually evolved into reality.
It's not worth talking about the future to everyone except to close personal friends because the info is a good 3+years away on anything he shares with me. Plus I'm not able to speak about most of what is shared with me. The v8 Z in the future is not special news anymore. Every manufacture is getting into V8's as you all know and a bit further away from forced induction although not completely, obviously.
I do feel privileged.
Love the Z guys!

Sorry to nitpick your post and correct you, but being an ex owner of this very car you mentioned, Honda Civic Si EP3 hatchback, I felt I must.

The USDM Civic Si EP3 was introduced first to the North American market in 2002, the Si level being the only model available. Likewise with the European introduction, but they had a few more choices in model options, including a 5 door and an EP4. However, Japan first got their EP3 in the only form of the great Type-R (EP3-R), in 2001.
I hope this cleared some things up.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Rampage

If the gas prices go where the industry expects them to go I think a lot of automobile manufacturers may rethink thier "plans" for performance models.

My stock Z is averaging 24 miles per gallon and is capable of 14 sec flat in the 1/4 mile and almost 160 mph top speed. Who needs a V-8?

Last edited by Rampage; 09-28-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

And all this is yours for a mere $44,000! lol
Hey, any car under 50K that does sub 5sec. is a bargain to me.
well, some people paid a few thou less than that to get a new Roadster with all the options....so.....its not that much more....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 Z To Be More of A Drivers Car AND.....