Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z Has Been Wounded!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 05:10 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as your replacing it... why not put a carbon fiber hood? paint it to match... shouldnt cost too much different. I donno if your interested in that, replacing a stock hood is pretty worthless, but since your replaceing it anyway...

owell just an idea. that looks painful tho.

I couldnt imagine a saucer making those 2 dents tho. possible a kid on the over pass droppling a rock on your hood, thats my guess. well 2 rocks actually, thats the only way that could have happened. no one opject could physicly make that mark, specially with the larger dent in the back, the front dent should have taken most of its energy.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:21 PM
Old Skooler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jose, that looks terrible man...I hope whatever shop you took it to does you right. Man, Dallas is just too busy screwing up our Z's....
Old 12-21-2002, 07:22 PM
Zay

Originally posted by ares
as long as your replacing it... why not put a carbon fiber hood? paint it to match... shouldnt cost too much different. I donno if your interested in that, replacing a stock hood is pretty worthless, but since your replaceing it anyway...

owell just an idea. that looks painful tho.

I couldnt imagine a saucer making those 2 dents tho. possible a kid on the over pass droppling a rock on your hood, thats my guess. well 2 rocks actually, thats the only way that could have happened. no one opject could physicly make that mark, specially with the larger dent in the back, the front dent should have taken most of its energy.
Not into the carbon fiber hood thing. For the most part the stock Z is good enough for me (got bigger and better toys to buy than a carbon fiber hood).

As for your theory you make a good point but, you gotta know these roads in Texas things are just a bit different here than on the east coast. It was certainly one of the larger lane dividers that I described earlier. Also, I was coming off of an overpass (keyword being "over") not an underpass. So no kids dropping rocks. The first dent is the largest although the images I posted would suggest otherwise (ahh... the wonders of photography, there's nothing like being there). So again you make a good point but, trust me it was one of those "saucers". TXSTYLE and SkiDazzle saw the damage in person and could easily trace the path that the disk took as it traveled up the hood. Good theory though. I see you are a thinking man.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:26 PM
Zay

Originally posted by Old Skooler
Jose, that looks terrible man...I hope whatever shop you took it to does you right. Man, Dallas is just too busy screwing up our Z's....
I took it to Xtreme Collision Repair on Plano Pkwy. Marcus (aka. TXSTYLE) hooked me up with the owner of the shop. I'm confident that they will take care of it.

BTW Matt, how did yours turn out?
Old 12-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Michael-Dallas

Damn, that certainly sucks Zay. That's part of the reason why I rarely drive on highways.

I hope everything turns out ok for you.

Michael.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:47 PM
ZEyeDoc

Sorry to see that damage. Your post reminded me of a similar incident years back. We were driving North on the West Side Highway in NYC in my wife's new VW Rabbit. I bought it for her for her 25th birthday and it was only a week or two old and I was driving. All of a sudden BAMMMMMM. Something hits the side door. I knew someone threw something at the car but as we were passing by 125th street I wasn't about to pull over. When we got home there was a deep 6-8 inch crease in the passenger door starting right beneath the window. A little higher and it would have bashed her skull in. The door came out fine. So will your hood. It could have been worse for both of us.

ZEyeDoc
Old 12-22-2002, 06:59 PM
Old Skooler

It turned out fine, Jose. Check this thread for pics:

Matt's Z repaired
Old 12-22-2002, 07:06 PM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

those little disc in the road are called "bots dots"named after the inventor. A friend of mine has a body shop and he has seen this happen many times.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:17 AM
Zay

Originally posted by Old Skooler
It turned out fine, Jose. Check this thread for pics:

Matt's Z repaired
Matt the work on your car looks good.

I'm sure my car will come looking like new as well. I mean the hood is being replaced so the damaged is eliminated from the equation. It just boils down to fit, finish, and color matching which shouldn't be to tough.

Problem is that i'm out of town right now and I won't be able to see the car for 2 weeks.